ADVERTISEMENT

Conference expansion means inevitable season expansion 13 regular season games, and....

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
...an extra game for conference divisional match ups. Plus a game for conference championships. So, a team could play as many as 15 games prior to the NCAA football championship tournament, which will eventually expand to 16 teams, meaning the two finalists could play as many as 19 games.

If I'm anywhere near correct here I think that means scholarship limit will need to rise to perhaps as many as 100 to accommodate this longer season. Oh, and before anyone wants to argue the NCAA would never allow such a season on the student-athelete's behalf, don't bother...afterall, where is the profit in that? College football will simply be a mirror of the NFL only its season will start a week or two earlier.

I can see the BIG10 with 24 teams divided into four divisions of six teams each, maybe along lines such as this....

ATLANTIC
Rutgers
Maryland
Pittsburgh
Penn State
West Virginia
Syracuse

NORTH
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Northwestern
Indiana
Purdue

CENTRAL
Iowa
Illinois
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Minnesota

WEST
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
Stanford
CAL

Now we need to add more games, now we need to add more players, now we need to add more travel, it's a joke. This is college football but the toothpaste is out of the tube and there is no going back, unfortunate.
Mo Money, Mo Problems.

Reactions: icwesthawk
The list always seem to conveniently put Iowa in a collection of turd teams.

Notre dame isn’t even in the Big Ten.

If you don’t play at least two of Oregon, USC, Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn State you might as well be in the MAC.

Big Ten West was an absolute joke so iowa might as well roll into another one.

If you don’t play at least two of Oregon, USC, Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn State you might as well be in the MAC.

Notre Dame, Pittsburg, West Viginia, Sryacuse, Stanford & CAL were only a projection if we go to 24 teams, which I suspect we eventually will.

Lol u mad.

Reactions: desihawk

Iowa has beaten OSU, Mich,PSU and USC in the last 5 years...a

Lucky for Oregon they have not met us.
Big Ten West record vs MAC last 5 years? Dominant.

Reactions: iahawks10
Iowa has beaten OSU, Mich,PSU and USC in the last 5 years...a

Lucky for Oregon they have not met us.
Big Ten West record vs MAC last 5 years? Dominant.

We sent our Lil’ Bro after Oregon (blue blood) and Lil’ Bro came back victorious 34-17. Covid times or not, we are not scared.

The B1G will never admit West Virginia, I'd doubt Syracuse either as neither are a member of the AAU.

They don't really add tv sets either so I don't see why the B1G would throw them a share of the 💰 for bringing nothing to the table.

The B1G will never admit West Virginia, I'd doubt Syracuse either as neither are a member of the AAU.

They don't really add tv sets either so I don't see why the B1G would throw them a share of the 💰 for bringing nothing to the table.

I’m also guessing PSU would fight like hell to keep Pitt out of the B1G. I don’t know how much clout PSU has with any of it though.

Syracuse would've been a better fit than Rutgers....

101% isn’t going to cut it.
What if it were 102%?

asparagus-pee.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT