ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Hawkeye women

Well we won twice. Thanks. I am sure we will be back. Clark is a once in a generation player. It will be a while before you see one like her again. Good luck against LSU.
Nobody will see one like her again for a long time. Us Iowa fans are so used to losing when it matters that this is, well, frankly, quite surreal. USC is absolutely staying in the mix going forward. Staley has already proven that.

Well we won twice. Thanks. I am sure we will be back. Clark is a once in a generation player. It will be a while before you see one like her again. Good luck against LSU.
Except when Chad Greenway’s daughter (Maddyn) plays for the Iowa women’s team in a few years.

Watching Caitlin's post game interview with the blonde from espn, I vote Caitlin for U of I AD.

USC couldn't shoot 3s tonight. Credit to Iowa's defense
Iowa's defense played well, but it was obvious that Bluder's plan was to let them (SC) fire away from the 3 line. SC was left wide open on numerous 3 point attempts. Most were bricks.
Speaking of Coach Bluder, what a classy person and a great rep. for the state of Iowa and the Hawkeyes. Refreshing. Same for the Hawkeye women. The entire program exudes class. Do not forget the fans.
I heard the Hawkeye huddle down there rivaled the huddles at some of the big bowl games. Hawk fans showed up BIGTIME for the ladies!

I'll take Bluder and the Iowa players all day. Proud to be Iowa born and raised and this Iowa women's team and coaches are all class.

Don’t be fooled, Staley f’ing blows too.

Can’t stand her. She goes out of her way to not talk about Clark.

Really, really hate her as a person. And I don’t say that lightly.
Dawn went out of her way and said she was good for the game.

Iowa's defense played well, but it was obvious that Bluder's plan was to let them (SC) fire away from the 3 line. SC was left wide open on numerous 3 point attempts. Most were bricks.
Speaking of Coach Bluder, what a classy person and a great rep. for the state of Iowa and the Hawkeyes. Refreshing. Same for the Hawkeye women. The entire program exudes class. Do not forget the fans.
I heard the Hawkeye huddle down there rivaled the huddles at some of the big bowl games. Hawk fans showed up BIGTIME for the ladies!
It can really get into a shooter's head when the other team stands and watches 8' off the ball daring them to shoot. Way too much time to think.

So Staley wants it to be National Players of the Year now that her player didn't win it. The other's were talked about throughout the year, and obviously were part of the panel of candidates. Are we to juat have the final 4 teams be "National Champions" since they are all deserving?

I couldnt find an article from last year where Staley said anything similar when her player won it...

Is it because it was a white woman?

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Thanks Pepsi. If you'd have told me we got beat on the boards by 25 rebounds and only made 7 3's, I'd have guessed we lost soundly. This team is special. They find a way.
Yep. The ladies showed up ready for a fight, and we gave as good as we got....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT