ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative principals

HawkeyeHitman

HR All-American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2002
Is what America needs. Don't let the liberal media decide what you should and should not like. Keynes politics will destroy America.

Is what America needs. Don't let the liberal media decide what you should and should not like. Keynes politics will destroy America.
giphy.gif

Conservative Principles are the foundation on which this
nation was built.

Conservative Principals are the administrators who hold
back the advancement of students in high school. They
refuse to allow computers in the classroom, rebuff efforts
to allow girls to play football, and renege on promises for boys
to play on the volleyball team.

Remember Hitman, this is a pretty tough crowd to even mention the word 'conservative' to.

If you are just baiting them, please continue.

As a former educator who has seen both sides I will concur with this statement even though I feel the sarcasm in it.

It was amusing. And this board has a bunch of grammarians. And sticklers. Ask for a judgment on a WOB sometime and you will learn.

nation was built.

Never saw a girl playing football...that would be scary...from a safety standpoint I think.

nation was built.

"Conservative principles" is an oxymoron.

"Conservative principles" is an oxymoron.

Horsehockey.

Now, if you want to talk a politician's (or group of) bastardization of them, and horrific execution of implementing them, sure.

Even the most principled person in the world on your side of the aisle can be a lousy person to implement those ideals.

Just because you have clear, concise directions on how to "bake your cake" from the receivers of said cake - with millions of confirmations that those directions are perfect - doesn't mean the cake turns out well.

An idea - a principle - is just that. It takes real human beings to make that principle work. Without that, your principles - and mine - mean nothing.

Both are sides can be right...the 1+1+1+1=4 or 2*2=4 thing. Either could work. But if one side can't add, and the other side can't multiply, both ideas aspiring to reach 4 fail.

And that is what we have today. A lack of competence on both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
The lingerie football league is not all bad so at some level females playing football has merit.
Against each other, sure. But if any one of those women tried to play in a men's game she would be in the hospital before halftime.

Horsehockey.

Now, if you want to talk a politician's (or group of) bastardization of them, and horrific execution of implementing them, sure.

Even the most principled person in the world on your side of the aisle can be a lousy person to implement those ideals.

Just because you have clear, concise directions on how to "bake your cake" from the receivers of said cake - with millions of confirmations that those directions are perfect - doesn't mean the cake turns out well.

An idea - a principle - is just that. It takes real human beings to make that principle work. Without that, your principles - and mine - mean nothing.

Both are sides can be right...the 1+1+1+1=4 or 2*2=4 thing. Either could work. But if one side can't add, and the other side can't multiply, both ideas aspiring to reach 4 fail.

And that is what we have today. A lack of competence on both sides of the aisle.

I accept that. I agree with quite a few traditional conservative principles. But you are right that a whole lot of self-described conservatives - including many elected reps - are among the worst enemies of those principles.

It's not today's "Conservative Principles" that we need. It's a return to common sense middle ground where supporters of both parties give up their all or nothing approach to everything, and understand that for the most part, people are reasonable and want what is good, even if it means compromising a little to get there.

It's recognizing that in reality, few people who vote Democrat want completely open borders with no enforcement whatsoever, and few who vote Republican are racist homophobes.

Show me that candidate and that party, and that's where my vote will go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT