ADVERTISEMENT

Corum quote

pistachio1999

HR Legend
Nov 29, 2021

Michigan football's Blake Corum not looking past Iowa, but confident in Big Ten title game​

Tony Garcia, Detroit Free Press
Mon, November 27, 2023 at 2:55 PM CST·6 min read

It wasn't quite Jim Harbaugh's guaranteed victory over Ohio State in 1986, but it wasn't all that different.

Michigan football senior running back Blake Corum spoke Monday on a Big Ten video call to preview the upcoming Big Ten championship game on Saturday against Iowa (10-2) and was extremely confident about his team's chances to three-peat.

"I like to speak things into existence, so after we win the Big Ten championship, we still have a lot to prove," he said. "But I believe our team is great, we're going against a great team in Iowa, so it should be a great matchup."

Of course, the Big Ten championship should never — ever — be taken for granted. But the Wolverines will play for three consecutive outright conference titles, which would be a first in program history.

Michigan football's Blake Corum not looking past Iowa, but confident in Big Ten title game​

It wasn't quite Jim Harbaugh's guaranteed victory over Ohio State in 1986, but it wasn't all that different.

Michigan football senior running back Blake Corum spoke Monday on a Big Ten video call to preview the upcoming Big Ten championship game on Saturday against Iowa (10-2) and was extremely confident about his team's chances to three-peat.

"I like to speak things into existence, so after we win the Big Ten championship, we still have a lot to prove," he said. "But I believe our team is great, we're going against a great team in Iowa, so it should be a great matchup."

Of course, the Big Ten championship should never — ever — be taken for granted. But the Wolverines will play for three consecutive outright conference titles, which would be a first in program history.
Well his team will be favored by mid to late 20s so he should feel comfortable.

Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Harbaugh is lecturing his team this week about no bulletin board material. You know what they’re saying in private. Hope the Hawks keep it close enough to make them nervous.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
i threw the stones and bones and read the entrails of a goat and both gave a great warning , they foreshadowed the sly one Loki and I saw Nagalfr sailing towards Me in the vision. Bones will break and great calamity . Very unclear but one could take it as Iowa will be blown out or the calamity caused by an Iowa upset, I think I will eat more mushrooms and see if the vision becomes more clear.

Harbaugh is lecturing his team this week about no bulletin board material. You know what they’re saying in private. Hope the Hawks keep it close enough to make them nervous.
Bulletin board material is among the top sports cliches. Right up there with icing the kicker. Oh somebody said something bad about us...well NOW we're really gonna bring it. I mean, we weren't before...but now I'm pissed. So...

Reactions: Front7
i threw the stones and bones and read the entrails of a goat and both gave a great warning , they foreshadowed the sly one Loki and I saw Nagalfr sailing towards Me in the vision. Bones will break and great calamity . Very unclear but one could take it as Iowa will be blown out or the calamity caused by an Iowa upset, I think I will eat more mushrooms and see if the vision becomes more clear.
I'll go with
Jesus wept. The shortest verse in the bible. Hope he weeps over the devastating beat down of Michigan

Reactions: HawkinMN
Bulletin board material is among the top sports cliches. Right up there with icing the kicker. Oh somebody said something bad about us...well NOW we're really gonna bring it. I mean, we weren't before...but now I'm pissed. So...
Jordan invented slights against himself by others for motivation. He actually believed he had been slighted

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69

I like to speak things into existence too.

Iowa will great appreciate the two lost fumbles that he coughs up on Saturday.

The same was said about Iowa against MSU in 2015 title game.

And don't give me the 2021 version of Michigan vs Iowa in title game. Michigan cheated in that game.
I'll see if I need to eat humble crow Sunday. Humility, as always, is in non-existent supply here.

Reactions: pmtdc
The same was said about Iowa against MSU in 2015 title game.

And don't give me the 2021 version of Michigan vs Iowa in title game. Michigan cheated in that game.
Probably explains why we moved the ball in our scripted plays. Plays were already set so they could not steal the signals.

Makes the game last year in Kinnick look better also. Stealing bastards.

Probably explains why we moved the ball in our scripted plays. Plays were already set so they could not steal the signals.

Makes the game last year in Kinnick look better also. Stealing bastards.
Wow- good point! Yes we did move the ball well the first two drives then nothing basically.

YOU RUN WITH LOKI?!?!?!?!?!

(cringe)
(hides under rock)

To paraphrase the late, great Herb Brooks... Michigan beats Iowa 9 times out of 10 (and handily more often than not).

Why can't this Saturday be that one time Iowa beats Michigan?
Michigan is 8-7 against Iowa since Kirk became the head coach.

All things considered, Revelation 6:1-8 will most likely (99%) be the more relevant verses in the Big 10 Championship game.

Blake Corum is such a refreshing change from the typical U of M athlete. He's humble, grounded, well-spoken, and a class act. And one of the few Wolverines that I've ever really liked in my 70+ years of watching football. He's an amazing athlete.

That said, we need to make his life difficult for a few hours on Saturday night! GO HAWKS!!

Don’t let his battle wound distract you from the fact that Corum is the 50th-graded running back in the country and outside the top 65 for explosive runs.
Iowa is the best run defense Michigan will have faced. Stop or or slow down the run game, and let J.J. McCarthy prove that he can get the job done. Against Maryland, Michigan’s offense didn’t rely on the run game. McCarthy had one interception but four turnover-worthy plays.

Reactions: pmtdc
Don’t let his battle wound distract you from the fact that Corum is the 50th-graded running back in the country and outside the top 65 for explosive runs.
Iowa is the best run defense Michigan will have faced. Stop or or slow down the run game, and let J.J. McCarthy prove that he can get the job done. Against Maryland, Michigan’s offense didn’t rely on the run game. McCarthy had one interception but four turnover-worthy plays.
We need to not let him do what we have pleaded with our RBs to do, which is bounce inside runs outside after the defense is sucked in.

Michigan's run game looks like try hard Madden gamer calling a HB Dive and immediately holding sprint and running around the end for a 75 yd TD.

Iowa's run game looks like a team from the School for the Blind being instructed to run forward and don't ask questions, despite the fact that there's a brick wall 5 ft in front of them..............

On the plus side, occasionally a few our guys are big and dumb enough that they end up running through the brick wall. :D

I can't believe people are letting themselves get hyped up for this game. Don't do it. Just don't do it. I know I'll probably take heat for saying this, but, Iowa is in the B1G championship game by being the least shitty team in a division of really shitty teams. I met a guy with two Grammy Awards once and thought how amazing that is, until he said they were for "Best Tapdancing Routine in a Medium-Length Short Horror Film" category. In other words, winning the B1G West is not that exciting of an achievement this year. And when you consider the one competitive team we played this season, we got  smoked.

All of those seasons when Iowa has upset a highly ranked opponent came with a team that had just enough talented players to create chaos for the other team. That isn't the case this season unfortunately.

I get the sentiment that it's fun to get excited about a potential upset, but deepdown, don't let your heart truly believe it or you will just end up letting yourself down.

We need to not let him do what we have pleaded with our RBs to do, which is bounce inside runs outside after the defense is sucked in.

Michigan's run game looks like try hard Madden gamer calling a HB Dive and immediately holding sprint and running around the end for a 75 yd TD.

Iowa's run game looks like a team from the School for the Blind being instructed to run forward and don't ask questions, despite the fact that there's a brick wall 5 ft in front of them..............

On the plus side, occasionally a few our guys are big and dumb enough that they end up running through the brick wall. :D
We need to knock the living hell out of them.

"... I get the sentiment that it's fun to get excited about a potential upset, but deepdown, don't let your heart truly believe it or you will just end up letting yourself down."

It is never wrong to believe.

And there are many ways to win besides scoring the most points in a division playoff game. We win by representing the U of Iowa and the B1G West Division with courage, character, faith, determination, and HONESTY. We have succeeded in having a great regular season against all odds.

We have already won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT