ADVERTISEMENT

Cory Clark

For those without Flow, the audio only podcast version of the Bader Show is free through most podcast platforms.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I was able to listen to Cory's interview with Bader this morning. Damn, that was good. The wrestling world is definitely better with people like Cory involved.

Cory hardly ever said a public word but his post NCAA title match interview was one of the best breakdowns I’ve seen in that setting. It covered his injury, the steps they made during the season and how he was going into the NCAAs. While the injury hampered him, I also think it helped in a way in terms of focus, in match strategy etc. Perhaps on of the best tourneys, considering his path and the injuries, that a Hawk has had in recent years.

Cory hardly ever said a public word but his post NCAA title match interview was one of the best breakdowns I’ve seen in that setting. It covered his injury, the steps they made during the season and how he was going into the NCAAs. While the injury hampered him, I also think it helped in a way in terms of focus, in match strategy etc. Perhaps on of the best tourneys, considering his path and the injuries, that a Hawk has had in recent years.
I remember him saying “big balls” on live national tv and cracking up Quint Kessenich after his match 😂

Reactions: T8KUDWN
His one armed title run was top 3 all time for me in Hawk moments. Really wanted Kem Dawg to repeat it. He was too good to not win a title as well. The throw was a bit cheesy, but man was I glad to see him get that one title. It turns out Seth Gross was pretty good too!

His one armed title run was top 3 all time for me in Hawk moments. Really wanted Kem Dawg to repeat it. He was too good to not win a title as well. The throw was a bit cheesy, but man was I glad to see him get that one title. It turns out Seth Gross was pretty good too!

Agreed. I remember seeing his draw and thinking “Oh shit” and he’d be lucky to AA. All he had for the most part was that slide by to a Merkel but rode that puppy all the way to a title.

Agreed. I remember seeing his draw and thinking “Oh shit” and he’d be lucky to AA. All he had for the most part was that slide by to a Merkel but rode that puppy all the way to a title.
In hindsight, it was probably Nato that said "oh shit" anytime a Hawk was on his side of the bracket! For how good he was, he couldn't beat anything that the Hawkeyes threw at him.

In hindsight, it was probably Nato that said "oh shit" anytime a Hawk was on his side of the bracket! For how good he was, he couldn't beat anything that the Hawkeyes threw at him.
at ncaa's yes

he did beat gilman, clark and lee at big tens

not many guys can say they have a win against all three hawkeyes, no matter when it happened

never really heard CC say a whole lot,but what an inspiring young man.wasn't he like a halo champ also? hope his future is bright at montini

at ncaa's yes

he did beat gilman, clark and lee at big tens

not many guys can say they have a win against all three hawkeyes, no matter when it happened
True, I'm sure he is the only guy ever that can claim that!

One of my favorites. Met him at a pre meet social in Ames the year after his NCAA run. Like me, he was a man of few words but friendly. Definitely a guy to look up to. Best of luck CC if your reading this.

Reactions: WildTurk
Like me, he was a man of few words but friendly. Definitely a guy to look up to. Best of luck CC if your reading this.
I really have come to appreciate being around people that exist without constantly talking. Men of few words often times say something meaningful when they Do speak. They don't just fill the quiet times with perpetual blabbering like Willie Saylor. It's refreshing! My kind of humans

Last edited:
It was great, he was more outgoing than I ever assumed him to be. A lot of wisdom too.

Didn’t he say RIP to his brother Bradley who just passed at the end? That couldn’t have been his actual brother right?

Reactions: el dub
I sat next to NaTo's family at the Olympic trials in Iowa City a few years back. Very nice family, NaTo struggled against the Hawks some, but he did pull out a few wins as well.

I really have come to appreciate being around people that exist without constantly talking. Men of few words often times say something meaningful when they Do speak. They don't just fill the quiet times with perpetual blabbering like Willie Saylor. It's refreshing! My kind of humans
You mean like Gilman?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT