ADVERTISEMENT

Could Aaron Hernandez be found not guilty?

Jul 30, 2004
A few caveats:

1. I haven't followed the trial that closely
2. I am not a legal expert, much less capital murder in Massachusetts

That said, it seems plausible that he could be found not guilty in this trial. I remember a few months after the murder, I read one expert say that Hernandez was being "over-prosecuted" at 1st degree because there was no murder weapon or motive, but 2nd degree and weapons charges would be a slam dunk.

From what you guys know, is the circumstantial evidence presented enough to convict?

Additionally, I habe also read that the case against Hernandez in the 2012 double-murder is a stronger case than the current one.

Either way, we will find out soon.

Depends is he being tried as a white man or as a Hispanic man? This is very important.

I think it's highly unlikely he is found not guilty in this trial. But I think he may be able to beat the rap on the other two.

Anything's possible.

oj-simpson-smiling-murder-trial-200x143.jpg

I expect him to be. Pretty clear he is guilty, but the fraction of a window of doubt is there to set him free. I'm interested to see what happens now that he admitted to being present while the murders occurred and witnessing them.

This post was edited on 4/7 7:29 PM by Derekd3408

I was on vacation in South Carolina about 10 years ago and this sick and twisted married couple killed a couple they met on vacation. The husband said the wife did it and she said he did it. They were both tried separately. They both should have got the death penalty but they ended up with a hung jury on one and like 30 years for the other.

This is why I think his lawyer was smart saying he was there but didn't do it. He was just smoking a joint with his homeboy.

I find it strange that the defense spent the entirety of the prosecution case trying to punch holes in it and then in close admitted that he was there. That eliminates all the other possibilities other than he wasn't the shooter as a viable defense. The state doesn't have to prove that he was the shooter, all they have to prove is that he acted in conjunction with the other two.

This means that the fact that he had such a cavalier attitude about the shooting and that he told police he knew nothing about it are admitted lies. It's also hard to claim he was just a bystander when the evidence shows Hernandez rented the get away car for one of the accomplices and gave each one of them $500 to get away.

The defense seemed to be trying to make their defense about sloppy police work and discrepancies in the evidence throughout the trial in order to show reasonable doubt, and then basically admitted all the evidence was true. I can't see how he beats the rap on this one, but OJ says nothing's impossible.

I watched a little of the trial. The defense is now claiming that he witnessed the murder but one of the other guys did it. I can see at least one of those Pats fans having doubt about whether he pulled the trigger or not.

Originally posted by Funky Bunch:
I watched a little of the trial.  The defense is now claiming that he witnessed the murder but one of the other guys did it.  I can see at least one of those Pats fans having doubt about whether he pulled the trigger or not.

Good point. If I was the prosecution, I would have called the Pats capologist to have him describe how Aaron's contract and subsequent release and cap hit hurt the team. If nothing else it would sway biased pats fans to my direction..

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
He's Rich and good looking, so probably.
I think he walks on this one however he will stand trial for 2 other murders later.

Is there even a possibility of a conspiracy to commit murder charge? It doesn't make sense that the defense could say he was there AND he could walk free.

This is good. I think he will be found guilty.

Massachusetts state law states that an individual(s) can be convicted of a joint venture murder if they were present and knowingly assisted in a deliberate killing. Jurors do not necessarily have to conclude that Hernandez pulled the trigger to find him guilty; only that he participated with knowing intent.

Fingerprint evidence previously presented in court indicated Hernandez was in the driver's seat of the car taken from Lloyd's home to the industrial park where the killing allegedly took place.

Boston.Com

Originally posted by jpphawk:
Let's see. No murder weapon. No witnesses. No motive. Very possible.
The trick is, the motive is tied to the other two homicides he hasn't stood trial for yet. If he was found guilty on those, then this case would be a slam dunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT