ADVERTISEMENT

Couple arrested for "luring" and beating up bike thieves

Mister_Man

Team MVP
Mar 26, 2024
The reporter and prosecutor called a thief who went to the hospital a victim. WTF.

PS - this was four years ago but I was on a bike thief rabbit hole on ytube.

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

I'm not going to defend a thief, they're SOTE, but I have a feeling these vigilantes with baseball bats will regret their decisions and be on the hook for some substantial compensation to that victim.

Setting up a camera to catch mike thieves? Genius. Setting up a camera to beat up bike thieves for your YouTube channel? Not so much.

Reactions: McLovin32
The reporter and prosecutor called a thief who went to the hospital a victim. WTF.

PS - this was four years ago but I was on a bike thief rabbit hole on ytube.
They should lured them, then doused them with gallons of urine and spray them with that novelty fart spray. They’d have gone home humiliated, never to steal bicycles again.

Just to put a bow on this story.

Visalia couple accused of baiting, beating thieves cleared of criminal wrongdoing​

"The entire assaults in question are not recorded and the two identified subjects in this case lack credibility," prosecutors write in their letter.

They say both are convicted criminals and one refused to cooperate with law enforcement.

Even if the alleged victims were cooperative, prosecutors point out they would need to give them immunity in exchange for testimony, and they didn't feel that immunity should be given to them based on the facts of the case.

"Each one of these victims have a right to claim the Fifth Amendment and say I don't want to testify," ABC30 Legal Analyst Tony Capozzi said. "If you want me to testify, give me immunity. Promise me you won't go after me for attempting to steal those bicycles."

ABC30 Legal Analyst Tony Capozzi doesn't believe prosecutors could secure a conviction in the case, because jurors would see some justification for what Curnutt and Grillot did.

• Love
Reactions: funksouljon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT