ADVERTISEMENT

Crime ridden University of Minnesota reverses course

24 so far

HR Heisman
Mar 24, 2016
In another "stunning" revelation, the University of Minnesota is reinstating it's relationship with the Minneapolis Police Dept.

University President Joan Gabel " The reason we're reinstating is because MPD has made great progress the last couple of years". LOL! Oh? They can't find anyone wanting to be a cop in Minneapolis and are way understaffed, but "they've made progress"! LOL!

Yeah Joan, in true Liberal fashion they just can't pull their head out of their ass to say what the real problem is. Here's what Joan should have said: "We're a crime infested Liberal Shithole and realized we made a piss poor decision to have less Cops available to our students. Everyone on planet earth could see this coming, but we're idiots and we didn't". (Look for Governor Walz and Mayor Frey to release similar statements in the near future............LOL! While forgetting that NOBODY wants to be a part of their collective "reimagining policing", except for the criminals, they're fully on board!)

In another "stunning" revelation, the University of Minnesota is reinstating it's relationship with the Minneapolis Police Dept.

University President Joan Gabel " The reason we're reinstating is because MPD has made great progress the last couple of years". LOL! Oh? They can't find anyone wanting to be a cop in Minneapolis and are way understaffed, but "they've made progress"! LOL!

Yeah Joan, in true Liberal fashion they just can't pull their head out of their ass to say what the real problem is. Here's what Joan should have said: "We're a crime infested Liberal Shithole and realized we made a piss poor decision to have less Cops available to our students. Everyone on planet earth could see this coming, but we're idiots and we didn't". (Look for Governor Walz and Mayor Frey to release similar statements in the near future............LOL! While forgetting that NOBODY wants to be a part of their collective "reimagining policing", except for the criminals, they're fully on board!)
LOL, you piss your pants every time you leave the city limits of Champlin. When is the last time you were on the UM campus? I was there two weeks ago, and it's a remarkably safe place to be. Now, seeing the occasional homeless person or non-white person freaks some people out, but that's a you problem.
Do you even have the slightest idea what the UM / MPD agreement on policing was for? When it was used? What conditions are now versus when the partnership was discontinued?

In June, the University of Minnesota Police Department (UMPD) reported there has been a 45% increase in violent crime around the Twin Cities campus since 2019.

Parents urge UMN to address violent crime on campus​

Many parents of University of Minnesota students expressed concerns about shortages of police officers during meetings with Minneapolis and University leaders.

Didn't know OP lives in Champlin. Nice town. Shed Fest should be coming up here pretty soon. That's a pretty good time.

Can't quite remember...what caused all this controversy with law enforcement in Mpls?

Anyone?
Not treating criminals like criminals. Goes for the cops and the rioters.

nobody gets a pass. I would be fine if that dirt bag cop got shot and all the rioters.

Once you decide some violent crimes are ok because of of others you lost control. “What about…” doesn’t mean much when somebody is getting raped murdered or their business getting ransacked. In the end Minneapolis suffers. The people, the downtown area and the students.

LOL, you piss your pants every time you leave the city limits of Champlin. When is the last time you were on the UM campus? I was there two weeks ago, and it's a remarkably safe place to be. Now, seeing the occasional homeless person or non-white person freaks some people out, but that's a you problem.
Do you even have the slightest idea what the UM / MPD agreement on policing was for? When it was used? What conditions are now versus when the partnership was discontinued?
Aren't you a middle aged white guy? Apologies if not

That was addressed by the justice system.

Absolutely no excuse for the destruction and violence that ensued.
I think there are likely years and years of pent up frustration before cell phones and body cams where bad cops got away with shit and it never became public info.

Not totally justifying the riots, but I understand them.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk

I work very close to the U of MN campus and crime certainly has risen dramatically in that area, even Dinkytown. It’s nowhere near as safe as it was 5 years ago. There’s been a big increase in armed robberies and and firearms related incidents over the past year in that area.

I work very close to the U of MN campus and crime certainly has risen dramatically in that area, even Dinkytown. It’s nowhere near as safe as it was 5 years ago. There’s been a big increase in armed robberies and and firearms related incidents over the past year in that area.
Doesn’t matter. Their is a political side that must win. Some deaths and rapes and beatings are acceptable losses.

Reactions: Hammer93

I didn't realize the campus at UM was crime ridden.

Thanks for the heads up!

Or....hmmmmm?

Maybe you were referring to this? If so, I'm with ya, pal!

I didn't realize the campus at UM was crime ridden.

Thanks for the heads up!

Or....hmmmmm?

Maybe you were referring to this? If so, I'm with ya, pal!

During the school year, it’s not as bad, especially with the majority of people being students but there are some sketchy areas in close proximity and it spills over.

Pretty sure I recently saw a video of a gun fight taking place right on frat row. The area has changed a bit and not for the good.

Reactions: Hammer93
I recently spent the weekend in prospect park, which is right by campus, I think. The crime ridden hellscape must be in a different direction from campus—I’m pretty sure I was the sketchiest looking dude I saw in that area all weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: HawCory
That was addressed by the justice system.

Absolutely no excuse for the destruction and violence that ensued.

‘Boogaloo Boi’ charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest​

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building

Reactions: TheCainer
This is absolutely not accurate. It is getting worse and worse and the downtown area, that used to be a cool place to visit when going to Vikings games, is dangerous as hell. You are not correct.

This is absolutely not accurate. It is getting worse and worse and the downtown area, that used to be a cool place to visit when going to Vikings games, is dangerous as hell. You are not correct.
Okay, Boomer.
The question is about campus. Campus is very safe.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman98
I think there are likely years and years of pent up frustration before cell phones and body cams where bad cops got away with shit and it never became public info.

Not totally justifying the riots, but I understand them.
Definitely, the MPD and crime have been a constant topic of discussion since the time of Jesse Ventura among my relatives from the cities.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
Evidently not if students and parents are complaining.
I am the parent of a student. I have been on campus many, many times, including twice in the last month. But, sure, I don't know anything about what's happening on campus. I received an email yesterday about a safety forum that's coming up.
It astounds me to see such hysterical hand wringing and pearl clutching from people who haven't stepped foot on the campus. At least Sal drives past campus, so I will accept his thoughts.

I am the parent of a student. I have been on campus many, many times, including twice in the last month. But, sure, I don't know anything about what's happening on campus. I received an email yesterday about a safety forum that's coming up.
It astounds me to see such hysterical hand wringing and pearl clutching from people who haven't stepped foot on the campus. At least Sal drives past campus, so I will accept his thoughts.
Why are they having a "safety forum"?

‘Boogaloo Boi’ charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest​

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building

The problem with you Riley is that you're simple minded.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Well who compiles crime stats? Guess those are just made up too? LOL! (I have zero doubt the crime stats you actually get to see are far LESS than the actual crime stats as well - cause feelings............)

Well, I guess, as long as the middle aged white guy and his spoiled kid are safe, then that means everyone is safe right?

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Look everyone. Conservatives may not be good at gun control, but liberals are really bad at law and order/security. These are just facts.

Recognize and adjust.
Minneapolis is actually a great opportunity for liberals and conservatives to find common ground and maybe a new way towards desired outcomes. It probably won't happen though, because Americans are straight garbage at admitting when they're wrong about anything.

There are two absolute truths in the situation up there. 1) Crime is most definitely impacting the area in a massively negative way. 2) The Minneapolis PD is f@cking atrocious at their jobs, and have been for a good long while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT