ADVERTISEMENT

Cryptocurrency or Artificial Intelligence - If You Could Only Have One...

If we can have only one, which one should we keep?

• Keep Cryptocurrency

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
According to Science Friday, AI and Crypto both consume incredible amounts of energy and (I didn't know this) fresh water.

If we decided to clamp down on one of them to save that energy and water (and bring down the cost of graphics cards, of course), which one would you choose to keep?

Interesting poll! While I totally get the hype around Artificial Intelligence and Cryptocurrency, I'm not sure how they're gonna work their magic to get FSU out of the ACC! Let's hope they've got some surprises up their sleeves.

According to Science Friday, AI and Crypto both consume incredible amounts of energy and (I didn't know this) fresh water.

If we decided to clamp down on one of them to save that energy and water (and bring down the cost of graphics cards, of course), which one would you choose to keep?

You should add weed and almonds to this for water consumption. Or do a separate one.

Speaking of AI

29497554_10216515612029360_5992915553803876864_n.jpg

Oh brother. Here we go again.
No, we don’t.
Because you’ll abandon the conversation before ever understanding the value some people see that you haven’t yet.

Can you understand why there is value in a medium of exchange that the Premier of Canada can’t arbitrarily prevent you from spending? Or that the Argentinian government can’t counterfeit?

Last edited:
How about AI to manage my cryptocurrency?
Two words: Tulip Mania.

If the AI is any good, it will recognize the inherent bubbliness of crypto. So unless you instruct your AI to ignore risk to you and harm to the economy and environment, it will probably pull you away from heavy investment.

Governments could make crypto into a "real" currency. And maybe they will. Bad idea, but could happen. I wonder how our free-marketeer zealots would feel about that.

Reactions: BioHawk
I tend to abandon fruitless conversations with people who spew dogmatic free-market religious nonsense in word salad format.
Nothing religious. You just refuse to answer questions that would provide the answers you lack.

e.g. Can you understand why there is value in a medium of exchange that the Premier of Canada can’t arbitrarily prevent you from spending? Or that the Argentinian government can’t counterfeit?

By refusing to honestly answer these questions you can keep telling yourself that bitcoin has no value.
Like you did a moment ago.
Like you’ve done every time we have this discussion.

Between cryptocurrency and artificial intelligence, it's like choosing between apples and oranges, each offering unique opportunities and challenges. If I had to pick one, I'd lean towards artificial intelligence for its transformative potential across industries. AI could revolutionize healthcare, transportation, and even the way we interact with technology on a daily basis.

On the flip side, cryptocurrency has its own magic, providing a decentralized way to handle finances and potentially reshape global economies. So, it's a tough call, but AI might edge out crypto in terms of long-term impact.

By the way, you folks might want to check out this interesting platform: https://immediateedgeapp.org/. It ties in with this discussion on cryptocurrencies and AI.

Last edited:
Between cryptocurrency and artificial intelligence, it's like choosing between apples and oranges, each offering unique opportunities and challenges. If I had to pick one, I'd lean towards artificial intelligence for its transformative potential across industries. AI could revolutionize healthcare, transportation, and even the way we interact with technology on a daily basis.
Sounds like something AI would say…

Two words: Tulip Mania.

If the AI is any good, it will recognize the inherent bubbliness of crypto. So unless you instruct your AI to ignore risk to you and harm to the economy and environment, it will probably pull you away from heavy investment.

Governments could make crypto into a "real" currency. And maybe they will. Bad idea, but could happen. I wonder how our free-marketeer zealots would feel about that.
How the **** do you envision governments turning crypto—Bitcoin anyway— into something it already is? By design, governments will never have that type of control over Bitcoin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT