ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Kingman's legendary Wrigley Field home run...

Kinnick.At.Night

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2018
It might not be the longest home run in history, but it's at least in the top ten. And perhaps the top five. And it's not mythical. The video and witnesses provide an accurate, in the air measurement. On Google Earth, the front of that house is 530 feet from home plate.

EVrsyItWsAsWTvw.png

I read once that Frank Howard hit a home run in the old Senator’s ball park where the ball ended up back in the infield.
The stadium had an original brick wall in the outfield but the park was re-configured and a wooden fence was placed about 20’ inside the left field wall……Howard hit a line drive homer over the left field fence and the ball rebounded off the brick wall back over the wooden fence and rolled back to the infield! Howard could hot the ball a long ways….as could Kingman.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I read once that Frank Howard hit a home run in the old Senator’s ball park where the ball ended up back in the infield.
The stadium had an original brick wall in the outfield but the park was re-configured and a wooden fence was placed about 20’ inside the left field wall……Howard hit a line drive homer over the left field fence and the ball rebounded off the brick wall back over the wooden fence and rolled back to the infield! Howard could hot the ball a long ways….as could Kingman.

Yessir. Frank Howard is one of four(?) players to have successfully cleared the roof at old Tiger Stadium.

We got cable tv in our neighborhood during Kingman’s last year with the Cubs, which meant I was able to watch most of their games on WGN. His at-bats were appointment viewing.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
We got cable tv in our neighborhood during Kingman’s last year with the Cubs, which meant I was able to watch most of their games on WGN. His at-bats were appointment viewing.

He was productive in Chicago. His OPS for those three seasons was .907. That's damn good.

Ah, the Metrodome! I saw Mark McGuire hit a popup that hit the Metrodome roof (poof) and come back down. Kingman's never came down!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT