ADVERTISEMENT

Daviyon Nixon

Stoopsbrother

HB All-State
Sep 16, 2022
Looks like he was cut by Miami back in March, anyone have some insight as to why he's not sticking with a team?

I've heard some things but cannot verify if they are accurate or not. He definitely has the natural ability to be on a NFL roster imo

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
So you’re saying football is his side hustle
It was. He walked as close of a line to getting kicked off the team as was humanly possible while he was here. I believe the leadership group even voted to boot him at one point, but KF overrode that vote. His ridiculous talent saved him.

But yeah, I assume some of those character flaws followed him into the NFL.

Kinda reminds me of the situation with Christian Ballard too ... both guys are supremely naturally gifted ... but neither seemed to get into the game for the right reasons. If you're in it for only the money ... then you're likely not going to be happy. Furthermore, you're not going to have the motivation/drive to improve your game so that you can excel ... and truly earn the "big" money.

I think that kkhawk nailed it. You have to really love the game.

In light of this consideration ... frankly, sticking around another year (in college) would have done nothing to further grow his love for the game.

There is a caveat here though ... and that is, if you're a sociopathic competitor. For such people, it's all about accruing the most wealth and/or winning the most games ... appreciation for the game is entirely secondary. To such folks, losing is not an option. Neither Christian nor Daviyon fit that bill ... they both seem more to be on the hedonistic side rather than the ascetic side of things.

Kinda reminds me of the situation with Christian Ballard too ... both guys are supremely naturally gifted ... but neither seemed to get into the game for the right reasons. If you're in it for only the money ... then you're likely not going to be happy. Furthermore, you're not going to have the motivation/drive to improve your game so that you can excel ... and truly earn the "big" money.

In light of this consideration ... frankly, sticking around another year (in college) would have done nothing to further grow his love for the game.

There is a caveat here though ... and that is, if you're a sociopathic competitor. For such people, it's all about accruing the most wealth and/or winning the most games ... appreciation for the game is entirely secondary. To such folks, losing is not an option. Neither Christian nor Daviyon fit that bill ... they both seem more to be on the hedonistic side rather than the ascetic side of things.
Ballard could have been a Pro Bowl caliber player in the NFL if he wanted to.

I thought Ballard was good dude? Maybe I’m thinking of somebody else?

It was. He walked as close of a line to getting kicked off the team as was humanly possible while he was here. I believe the leadership group even voted to boot him at one point, but KF overrode that vote. His ridiculous talent saved him.

And the NFL, as we know, does not abide players with "character flaws." LOL

Only the righteous shall be blessed with an NFL career. Or something like that . . .

And the NFL, as we know, does not abide players with "character flaws." LOL

Only the righteous shall be blessed with an NFL career. Or something like that . . .
Yea Right GIF

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
I thought he was too. Just liked his weed. Which is entirely different than dealing
Ballard was also an extremely gifted musician, and just never struck me as the “obsessed with football” type.

When we played OSU or PSU, that dude was flat out unblockable. The bigger the game, the more he showed out.

Ballard was a good dude ... he just didn't love football. The guy was an athletic freak ... but didn't stick longer in the league because he didn't love the game. That was the angle I was coming from.

And, for that matter ... my bet is that Daviyon wasn't a bad dude either. Kirk always spoke highly of him as a person. It didn't mean that he didn't do plenty of dumb shit though ...

Also, being a hedonist, in itself, isn't a bad thing (I'm far more a hedonist than an adherent to ascetism) ... my point had more to do with having the drive to truly tap into their physical freakishness.

Nixon was drafted in the 5th round. He wasn't destined for greatness.

Ballard was a 4th round pick who managed to hand around 4 years.

Take off your black and gold shades.

Nixon was drafted in the 5th round. He wasn't destined for greatness.

Ballard was a 4th round pick who managed to hand around 4 years.

Take off your black and gold shades.
His draft position s/h/b much higher, imo, given his production. He won B10 Defensive POY, if memory serves...

If true, what does that say about Kirk?

Can't believe no one has mentioned Matt Roth for physical freaks, but Adrian C. should get a boost given how much of an absolute monster while suffering from Erbs palsy.

Ballard chose his brain or the bucks. IMO, he was smart for doing so.

• Haha
Reactions: 2bagger22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT