Day 1 for Jan Jensen. "We're gonna have one heck of a year."

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
GPzUax0WEAATG7Z

GPzUaxzXgAAIXtG

GPzUax0WgAApBFy

Wow. Hello Miss Heiden. I almost mistook the young lady to her right for Kate Martin.

really hoping that Heiden can be very successful early; we need her size, that's for sure; she's 6'4; I believe the biggest girl Iowa has ever faced was 6'7, 215 pound Kamilla Cardoso (height and weight is what she's listed at on the WNBA section of ESPN)

Reactions: MplsHawk
really hoping that Heiden can be very successful early; we need her size, that's for sure; she's 6'4; I believe the biggest girl Iowa has ever faced was 6'7, 215 pound Kamilla Cardoso (height and weight is what she's listed at on the WNBA section of ESPN)
That Oregon State team that we played in the Nike tournament in 2022-23 had Jelena Mitrovic. She is 6-9; had 14 rebounds and 5 points. Think we might even have recruited her at one point. Don't know what she tips the scales at. And, not saying she is the tallest.

That Oregon State team that we played in the Nike tournament in 2022-23 had Jelena Mitrovic. She is 6-9; had 14 rebounds and 5 points. Think we might even have recruited her at one point. Don't know what she tips the scales at. And, not saying she is the tallest.

Back in the C. Vivian days, wouldn't be surprised if we played a Soviet team in an exhibition with someone bigger, but truly have more to do this afternoon than try to figure it out.

do you know of any female player taller than 6'9?

Brittney Griner is 6'9 and wears a men's U.S. size 17 shoe. She also has a wing span of 7'3.5 inches (87.5 in)

The LA team has a gal they list at 6'8", but she doesn't look like it, OR play like it. I think both CC and Kate have already blocked one of her shots....

Reactions: Franisdaman
Do you think this is the record for tallest women's basketball player?

It's just bizarre seeing women at 7'2 when players like Victor Wembanyama are "just" 7'4.
Every article about her says she was, so unless there was just a really tall women playing an exhibition for show or something, probably a safe bet she was the tallest pro or organized amateur. Maybe something like Manute Bol suiting up for that hockey game once, he "played" but he didn't really play kind of deal but aren't too many 7 foot women to begin with. They've never even had a seven foot women in pro wrestling and you'd think if they were out there somewhere they'd be the ones to find them and try and get them involved.

Reactions: Franisdaman
does coach Jan still plan on working with the bigs or is she going to delegate to an assistant? i'm assuming before she was able to focus on her group, now she has other responsibilities. just wondering if anyone is worried about that aspect for the coaching staff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT