ADVERTISEMENT

Death and Dying…….Head Stones

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
As life progresses, one has to prepare for their eventual demise. Funeral planning is an integral part of this process. Part of “funeral planning” includes purchasing your head stone.
Just a heads up……Seeing the proof of your proposed head stone, with your name and information on it does send a shutter of some magnitude down your spine. That is all.
Kick off……kick off…..are YOU prepared to kick off?

Already got what mine will say picked out

686738ff214e705240ceb4164ceb73ef.jpg

I have shared on here that I picked up a side gig mowing at a hunt club. There is an area that has what I call memorial rocks of many super well known men from Iowa, Randy Duncan included, who were members. Every now and then I think about how these men had everything they could have ever wanted during their time on earth and now they just have little plaques that say shit like "a true man's man" or "always there". Make the most of your time on earth boys because eventually your just going to be a rock some asshole hates to mow around.

As life progresses, one has to prepare for their eventual demise. Funeral planning is an integral part of this process. Part of “funeral planning” includes purchasing your head stone.
Just a heads up……Seeing the proof of your proposed head stone, with your name and information on it does send a shutter of some magnitude down your spine. That is all.
^^^WOB

I'd like my tomb to say "Pray, Hope and Don't Worry!"

It's a quote from Saint Padre Pio. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkdave007
Hope you are doing okay Joel, and this is just something that was done for no particular reason.

Being trapped in a box with a piece of poorly engraved marble dropped on my head seems so depressing.
The people who loved me and want my memory to continue will be much better storytellers than a poorly engraved headstone. The family stories of when Matt's ashes were spread at the Hart Pond, ,at Doak Campbell Stadium right before the Noles beat the shit out of gators, and where he met his wife will be far better memories than that rock on my head.

Cremation you pussies. Don't let worms eat you. Let the flames devour you.
I’m going for a cremation but I still like the royal tenebaums memorial. Not sure what they’ll do with the ashes. If the funeral home would be kind enough to just dump me in the trash after I cool down a bit that would be fine. Maybe just a plaque made of wood though hung in my house let it rot somewhere or use it for firewood I will never know

Reactions: GOHOX69
I’m going for a cremation but I still like the royal tenebaums memorial. Not sure what they’ll do with the ashes. If the funeral home would be kind enough to just dump me in the trash after I cool down a bit that would be fine. Maybe just a plaque made of wood though hung in my house let it rot somewhere or use it for firewood I will never know
You can have them made into a diamond.

Reactions: jawatkins
Those ducks and geese that shit in your pool cannot wait to get their chance at your tombstone.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Seriously thinking about natural burial. I kind of dig the thought of my newly rotting body being consumed by all sorts of other life forms and then them pooping my remains to help fertilize new plants and continue life.

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
I haven't thought about and don't really care about a headstone/marker, but I do know what I want for my funeral. I want it to begin 5 minutes early and last only 3 minutes. All the mfers that I spent my life waiting for will miss the entire thing, but they will still be able to go out and have a few drinks with the people who were on time.

Out of the last 5 relatives I've had pass away in the last couple of years, all choose not to be buried. So no funeral planning does not always include purchasing a head stone. All of them were over 70.

My wife knows that my desire is to be cremated, with portions of my ashes spread in a few places:

* some in the back yard of our home, in the area where I've buried all of our pets through the years
*some at our lakehouse
*some on the beach, preferably on Roatan where we had so many great times
*some on the bank of the little lot we have on a river that we bought to have kayak/canoe access
*some on the 17th hole of the golf course I grew up near & played most of my golf on for the first 50 years of my life; I want them on 17 because I blew 4 or 5 chances at the course record on that #%!^!@^$ hole; it's haunted me throughout my life so I want to haunt that SOB throughout my afterlife

Last edited:
My wife knows that my desire is to be cremated, with portions of my ashes spread in a few places:

* some in the back yard of our home, in the area where I've buried all of our pets through the years
*some at our lakehouse
*some on the bank of the little lot we have on a river that we bought to have kayak/canoe access
*some on the 17th hole of the golf course I grew up near & played most of my golf on for the first 50 years of my life; I want them on 17 because I blew 4 or 5 chances at the course record on that #%!^!@^$ hole; it's haunted me throughout my life so I want to haunt that SOB throughout my afterlife
You kinda a big guy? That seems like alot of ashes.

( those places do sound nice, also, will take care of widow for riverfront and 3rd golf access.)

You kinda a big guy? That seems like alot of ashes.

( those places do sound nice, also, will take care of widow for riverfront and 3rd golf access.)

Nah, I'm not big - but an average sized person leaves plenty of ash for a handful of places. When my dad died, they put about half his ashes in an urn with those of my mom (those are at the local Veterans Cemetery) and put the other half in 7 or 8 little bags that were spread in various places by my siblings, me, and a couple of dad's adult grandchildren.

Nah, I'm not big - but an average sized person leaves plenty of ash for a handful of places. When my dad died, they put about half his ashes in an urn with those of my mom (those are at the local Veterans Cemetery) and put the other half in 7 or 8 little bags that were spread in various places by my siblings, me, and a couple of dad's adult grandchildren.
I was just kidding man. Cutting the bullshit for a second, it sounds like you have really thought it through and have identified and more importantly discussed what you want to have happen. Those places sound nice, and obviously I was just joking about the widow. I think this is one of those issues where the average age of hort is roughly 70 and I'm roughly half of that.

Now, for your previously scheduled broadcast...

In a Geology class in college we did a fun lab where we examined weathering on head stones in the local cemetery. I felt bad for anyone with a limestone or sandstone grave marker.

Reactions: BrianNole777
No headstone here, I want to be cremated and my ashes spread out in three areas - Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Florida Keys, and in the Mountains by Ouray, CO.

Figure that way my kids can get some great travel out of the deal too.
Me also, Spread my ashes in the Cedar River, Mississippi river and a couple lakes up here in NW Wisconsin.
And if my sons want to go back to Ear falls Canada to drop a few ashes that would be ok also.
Don't have enough ashes to spread where I pheasant hunted in my younger yrs.

*some at our lakehouse
friends-american-sitcom.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT