ADVERTISEMENT

DEMBELE

the24fan

HR Heisman
Jul 30, 2007
Sorry if already discussed
But I’m excited to see the jump from him next year. He’s improving quickly, and I think next year he’s gonna be a major problem for opposing B1G defenses. Great hops , lengthy , and just an overall banger with a surprisingly nice touch in his shot. Once he learns not to be In foul trouble look out

He’s received very little coaching from the looks of it. He and Freeman will benefit immensely from an offseason with the Iowa coaches and the S&C staff.

Not a fan of him shooting the three, but hoping that he proves me wrong next year.

The talent level considering the youth of this team is awesome. Freeman's mobility is unreal. Dembele is still raw talent and Payton is going to follow in his bro's footsteps.

The Hawks are in good shape for the future. Don't give up on Fran.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
He’s received very little coaching from the looks of it. He and Freeman will benefit immensely from an offseason with the Iowa coaches and the S&C staff.
Honestly I thought his defense/rotations early in the year showed he had pretty good hs coaching. He has a good looking shot for a big guy too.
My concern would be the sc at Iowa. I can’t say that Iowa physically looks like the top teams. Garza transformed his body but primarily that was done with his family in the off season.
We have skinny guys that stay skinny. We recruit a body type and that body type will lead to offensive success but unfortunately doesn’t lead to defensive success.

Reactions: DewHawk and lucas80
Honestly I thought his defense/rotations early in the year showed he had pretty good hs coaching. He has a good looking shot for a big guy too.
My concern would be the sc at Iowa. I can’t say that Iowa physically looks like the top teams. Garza transformed his body but primarily that was done with his family in the off season.
We have skinny guys that stay skinny. We recruit a body type and that body type will lead to offensive success but unfortunately doesn’t lead to defensive success.
I would use Tyler Cook as a counter argument

Meh. Keep in mind Frank Garza was great at promoting Frank Garza, and Luka. The staff worked hard on him. Luka has uncommon drive, too.
The staff has made quite a few players better.

Not a fan of him shooting the three, but hoping that he proves me wrong next year.
Although he has a nice shot for a big powerful guy and is 8 for 24 (.333) on the season. As a team we are shooting .345 from 3. I like the fact that he is not afraid to take that shot when needed and he will force some guys out on him if he can hit at a better clip next year. His ceiling is very high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT