ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Are Losing It

Mar 14, 2003
They need to save face on the Gorsuch nomination and confirm him. I am literally laughing out loud when the Democrats discuss the constitution and "todays fundamental values" are the requirements for him.

There was one in the office building today. I walk into the bathroom, and there he is peeing with his pants and boxers around his ankles. I turned 360 degrees and walked away.
No reason to help someone in need I suppose.

Change your name to fit whom you really are?

Your laughter is probably a solid cover for your ignorance.
If he's ignorant he's in solid bipartisan company. Virtually all the sane democrats/liberals are saying he's a good pick and it woiuld be a mistake to make a big deal of opposing him.

I think the dems really should just confirm this guy. Sounds like he's qualified and not bat shit crazy, so this feels like a win win.

Reactions: cigaretteman
There was one in the office building today. I walk into the bathroom, and there he is peeing with his pants and boxers around his ankles. I turned 360 degrees and walked away.
So it's not coincidence, because I've seen that behavior with more than one Downs person in my life.

Reactions: moral_victory
You are clearly not a physician.

I'm not. Please explain this. If you can or just deflecting.

A 360 degree turn is a complete circle and you are facing the same way you started. Perhaps you did a 180 and got out of there....

I think the dems really should just confirm this guy. Sounds like he's qualified and not bat shit crazy, so this feels like a win win.

They will. They will thunder away that he's unqualified to try to score a few points with special interest groups, and those Senators in safe blue states may vote "no", but he's clearly qualified and will sail though the confirmation.

Democrats need to keep their powder dry for Pryor and a couple others that have been floated for the next spot.

Reactions: cigaretteman
If they filibuster Gorsuch, McConnell will go nuclear the and dems risk someone like Pryor being nominated next time, with only a 51 vote majority needed for a floor vote.

The democrats should think long and hard about that. They have 25 contested seats in 2018 and the GOP has only eight at risk. They can in no way assume they'll recapture the Senate in 2018.

I actually think they'll use some brinksmanship with Gorsuch, but ultimately agree to allow the floor vote right before McConnell announces he's going nuclear. It allows the democrats to keep the filibuster available for a more divisive.

I actually like the idea of preserving the filibuster, but only for truly flawed nominees. Gorsuch is not even close to legitimately being referred to as a flawed nominee.

Trump shouldn't get to appoint a justice in the final year of his presidency.

Reactions: IACub
You just hit on something very interesting Tumor.

Just think if Kennedy, Souter and Ginsberg hold on until the last year of his presidency?!

Trump shouldn't get to appoint a justice in the final year of his presidency.

raw

360 means you turn back and took a second look. Anything you'd like to tell us? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT