ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats meet with anti-Trump conservatives to fight No Labels 2024 bid

Trump is a clown and even though I voted for Biden and think he is doing a good job, he is too old. I saw my Dad's dementia get worse in his 80's.

I would feel more comfortable voting for Biden if he picked Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsom, Gina Raimondo or Phil Murphy as his VP. I am not a fan of Kamala Harris at all.

Trump is a clown and even though I voted for Biden and think he is doing a good job, he is too old. I saw my Dad's dementia get worse in his 80's.

I would feel more comfortable voting for Biden if he picked Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsom, Gina Raimondo or Phil Murphy as his VP. I am not a fan of Kamala Harris at all.
I doubt Biden will replace Harris, but I like your suggestions.

It's clear that Harris's image needs work. She may be very good, but you sure can't tell that from what we've seen so far.

What can she (and Biden) do, to improve her status?

I doubt Biden will replace Harris, but I like your suggestions.

It's clear that Harris's image needs work. She may be very good, but you sure can't tell that from what we've seen so far.

What can she (and Biden) do, to improve her status?
She can lead the effort to do one of the following:

1. Increase ship maintenance/building capacity in the US
2. Bring pharmaceutical production back to the US
3. Lead the campaign to stop fentanyl
4. Lead effort to increase tariffs every month on all Chinese imports until they end genocide and militarization of the S. China Sea

All of these policies address China. I have never heard one word out of her mouth on China. She seems weak to me.

In the first Dem debate, she said what Biden did to her was hurtful. She played the victim card.

Can you imagine FDR saying what Tojo did at Pearl Harbor hurt his feelings?

Gretchen Whitmer has guts. When the nuts threatened to kidnap her, she did not back down at all.

Reactions: blhawk
What can she so to improve her status?
Grow a penis

Not saying she couldn't do plenty of things to improve but they will be tuned out by a lot of people just based on her gender, race and political party. The standards by which she's being judged vs past VP's is pretty laughable. I get it's different this election because of Joe's age, wouldn't mind if he replaced her but that's not happening

Grow a penis

Not saying she couldn't do plenty of things to improve but they will be tuned out by a lot of people just based on her gender, race and political party. The standards by which she's being judged vs past VP's is pretty laughable
Then when Biden steps down, she can be the first trans president, and we still wouldn't have had a woman president. Or would we?

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
Thanks.

"The third effort is to find a policy agenda that appeals to unity voters. The group has come up with a series of both/and positions on major issues: comprehensive immigration reform with stronger borders and a path to citizenship for DACA immigrants, American energy self-sufficiency while transitioning to cleaner sources, no guns for anyone under 21 and universal background checks, moderate abortion policies with abortion legal until about 15 weeks."
I can get along with all of that…

Grow a penis

Not saying she couldn't do plenty of things to improve but they will be tuned out by a lot of people just based on her gender, race and political party. The standards by which she's being judged vs past VP's is pretty laughable. I get it's different this election because of Joe's age, wouldn't mind if he replaced her but that's not happening
That may be and then a 3rd Party Candidate runs.

If she took on China, that would get the voters attention.

If Joe Manchin runs, Biden loses.

There are some decent moderate politicians who can get 5%-10% of the vote. Many people hate Trump and think Joe is too old. If any of these candidates run, Biden loses.

FDR let the party elders pick Truman in 1944.

That may be and then a 3rd Party Candidate runs.

If she took on China, that would get the voters attention.

If Joe Manchin runs, Biden loses.

There are some decent moderate politicians who can get 5%-10% of the vote. Many people hate Trump and think Joe is too old. If any of these candidates run, Biden loses.

FDR let the party elders pick Truman in 1944.
America loses if Biden does, possibly for good.

America loses if Biden does, possibly for good.
Agree. So that is why it is important to have a strong ticket.

If the Far Left says it is our way or the highway and Kamala Harris is on the ticket, the crap will hit the fan.

Roosevelt preferred Byrnes as the best alternative and decided to push him as the party's nominee for the vice presidency if the party delegates refused to renominate Wallace at the 1944 Democratic National Convention.[7] On July 11, the leaders met with Roosevelt in the White House. They recommended Truman.

Truman over Wallace

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Agree. So that is why it is important to have a strong ticket.

If the Far Left says it is our way or the highway and Kamala Harris is on the ticket, the crap will hit the fan.

Roosevelt preferred Byrnes as the best alternative and decided to push him as the party's nominee for the vice presidency if the party delegates refused to renominate Wallace at the 1944 Democratic National Convention.[7] On July 11, the leaders met with Roosevelt in the White House. They recommended Truman.

Truman over Wallace
IMO Harris has been unfairly ripped on for petty things at best. She's fine and we know President Biden will not drop her so enough of us need to do the right thing regardless.

Trump will do all he can. He's said it repeatedly.
So shouldn't the Dems do all they can legally do and have a strong ticket?

When the Dems suck up to the Far Left, they lose.

The Far left doesn't see that. They are almost as blind as the nutty insane Trumpers.

There are moderates I would vote for as a Democrat. Biden has done fine given the hurdles he inherited….and would be my choice over Trump but come on America.

Joe Manchin as president.HA…..HAHAHAHAHA. I can’t stop laughing, I’d rather vote for Kim Reynolds.

Third Party

A majority of Americans say they prefer presidential nominees other than Joe Biden or Donald Trump in 2024, yet the parties are on track to give them exactly this choice. So why has the group that is trying to give voters an alternative become a target of media and Democratic hostility?

That’s the predicament of No Labels, a centrist group of Republicans and Democrats organizing to get a spot on the ballot in 2024 in case the major parties default to a Biden-Trump race. Democrats claim the group will elect Mr. Trump if the third party does get on the ballot. The press is piling on the disdain, digging not so deep to report that one of the donors to No Labels is Harlan Crow, the rich friend of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. But anyone who knows Mr. Crow knows he’s no fan of Mr. Trump.

No Labels has other donors, and its founder and CEO is Nancy Jacobson, the wife of Mark Penn, the former Hillary and Bill Clinton pollster. Its national co-chairs include Ben Chavis, the civil-rights legend, and Joe Lieberman, former Democratic Senator and vice presidential candidate. Former GOP Govs. Larry Hogan and Pat McCrory are also co-chairs. None are admirers of Mr. Trump.

The progressive complaint is that if a No Labels ticket made it onto enough state presidential ballots in 2024, it couldn’t win but could be a spoiler. Democrats say a third candidate would take more votes from Mr. Biden, perhaps deny him the 270 Electoral College votes to win, and throw the election into the House. With each state House delegation having one vote for President, they say, Mr. Trump would be the likely winner.

That’s possible, as anything seems to be in politics these days. But it’s hardly guaranteed. The most successful recent third-party candidate, Ross Perot, won 19% of the vote and no electoral votes in 1992. But he divided the GOP coalition and caused President George H.W. Bush’s support to collapse to a vote share of 37.5%. Bill Clinton won with 43%.

Switching parties can be problematic in some states according to their rules, and the timing of the primaries.
What would be mischievous, and something I have considered is donating to Christie's campaign in order to guarantee that he makes the debate stage in August. He and Hutchinson are the only two willing to stand up to challenge Trump directly at this point. The others are laying at his feet.

Interesting concept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT