ADVERTISEMENT

Dems against blue collar workers?

The government may make mistakes, but programs that lower college and healthcare costs are in the public's interest.

The problem is that none of these government programs actually lower cost,.. They merely shift the cost from one segment of our society to another,.. The end result being that demand for the affected service explodes and costs increase due to the inflationary nature of this type of economic engineering,.. see college tuition, see health care....

The problem is that none of these government programs actually lower cost,.. They merely shift the cost from one segment of our society to another,.. The end result being that demand for the affected service explodes and costs increase due to the inflationary nature of this type of economic engineering,.. see college tuition, see health care....
Can you give me examples and numbers of costs increasing because of government programs? I don't believe we have any experience with the government lowering college costs. Is there data available showing healthcare costs increasing due to seniors receiving medicare?

Can you give me examples and numbers of costs increasing because of government programs? I don't believe we have any experience with the government lowering college costs. Is there data available showing healthcare costs increasing due to seniors receiving medicare?

seriously?...

Wouldn't the current student loan regulations and federal programs be an exact example for which you are looking for?

Reactions: Rifler

In education, the mere existence of easily available government sponsored student loans drives up the cost of college tuition by creating a never ending demand for the "product",.. In health care, programs like Medicare & Medicaid, drive up cost for everyone else when reimbursements fail to cover the cost of services, relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack..

In both cases the program participant thinks they have received a more cost effective product but in reality someone else is always picking up the ever increasing cost... These programs do not control costs.

In health care, programs like Medicare & Medicaid, drive up cost for everyone else when reimbursements fail to cover the cost of services, relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack..
Quick question - what's the cost of dealing with millions of elderly people who have no insurance? How about the working poor?

In education, the mere existence of easily available government sponsored student loans drives up the cost of college tuition by creating a never ending demand for the "product",.. In health care, programs like Medicare & Medicaid, drive up cost for everyone else when reimbursements fail to cover the cost of services, relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack..

In both cases the program participant thinks they have received a more cost effective product but in reality someone else is always picking up the ever increasing cost... These programs do not control costs.
I get what you are saying. I would just like to see actual data. I think you have to weigh the increased costs against the value of increased access. Are there numbers available? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious.

Wouldn't the current student loan regulations and federal programs be an exact example for which you are looking for?
Maybe, do you have data that shows how much these programs increase the cost of education?

Quick question - what's the cost of dealing with millions of elderly people who have no insurance? How about the working poor?

It's significant,.. But first off, I wouldn't give these people traditional insurance,.. Better off for us to simply pick up the cost of health care for these individuals at the provider level. No need for insurance companies to be making a profit on these transactions...

I get what you are saying. I would just like to see actual data. I think you have to weigh the increased costs against the value of increased access. Are there numbers available? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious.

Google is your friend, friend...

It's significant,.. But first off, I wouldn't give these people traditional insurance,.. Better off for us to simply pick up the cost of health care for these individuals at the provider level. No need for insurance companies to be making a profit on these transactions...
And that would be different from Medicare or Medicaid...how?

And that would be different from Medicare or Medicaid...how?

Not significantly different,... but in my approach Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements would have to increase to realistic levels so that private insurance reimbursements could then be cut to realistic levels,... The first step in getting control of health care costs is to stop playing slight of hand with reimbursements so that we can begin to understand the true cost of services...

If there were no federal loans for college and private loans could be discharged via bankruptcy I would think colleges would have to cut the cost or they would be toast.

Private lenders would be very careful about who they lent money to if they risk getting nothing back.

not sure getting rid of all federal loans is a good idea but a cap person would also give colleges some pause.

Maybe, do you have data that shows how much these programs increase the cost of education?

I guess I could google it for you, but I believe it is pretty common knowledge that tuition rates have sky rocketed since the mid 90's Which happens to line up with new student loan regulations. 97 and 98 is when the Fasfa form started for instance.

After Bernie so rudely called a trustworthy politician like Elizabeth Warren, a liar on national TV, provoked a thought regarding the Dem's treatment of blue collar workers.

With free college and the push for college, are they not devaluing people in the trades and other blue collar jobs?

Crazy Bernie says he's for the worker, he just wants them to all have college degrees before he tells them what their job will be and how much they'll be paid. True?

Make Public Colleges, Universities, and Trade Schools Free for All

https://berniesanders.com/issues/free-college-cancel-debt/

He's the only pro-union candidate in the race

• Double union membership within Bernie’s first term.
    • Establish federal protections against the firing of workers for any reason other than “just cause.”
    • Provide unions the ability to organize through a majority sign up process and enact “first contract” provisions to ensure companies cannot prevent a union from forming by denying a first contract.
    • Deny federal contracts to companies that pay poverty wages, outsource jobs overseas, engage in union busting, deny good benefits, and pay CEOs outrageous compensation packages
    • Eliminate “Right to Work for Less” laws and guarantees the right to unionize for workers historically excluded from labor protections, like farm workers and domestic workers.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Reactions: Herkmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT