ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto & Lee on Flo

So….he had a torn acl his sr year too?
and he couldn’t run the whole time he was at Iowa….would explain gassing in matches.

No. Not being able to run wouldn't explain him gassing in matches.

For reference - the year JB won worlds with bolts in his ankle? couldn't run a lick. Made best friends with the AirDyne.

Oh... and Nic Bouzakis runs a lot. LOL

No. Not being able to run wouldn't explain him gassing in matches.

For reference - the year JB won worlds with bolts in his ankle? couldn't run a lick. Made best friends with the AirDyne.

Oh... and Nic Bouzakis runs a lot. LOL
Not the greatest example. There was only 4 weeks between the surgery and the competition. Having to deal with it all season long is a giant difference. Also, an ankle and a knee are a giant difference on the fan bikes as well...

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Not the greatest example. There was only 4 weeks between the surgery and the competition. Having to deal with it all season long is a giant difference. Also, an ankle and a knee are a giant difference on the fan bikes as well...
My point is this - if Iowa and Spencer and co truly believe that his lack of running is why he gassed, that's the stupidest and most negligent thing I've ever heard from a d1 program.

Imagine being that obtuse. Good lord.

Reactions: BGon4ND
My point is this - if Iowa and Spencer and co truly believe that his lack of running is why he gassed, that's the stupidest and most negligent thing I've ever heard from a d1 program.

In this case, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that "running" was more of an all encompassing word for "conventional" conditioning methods. Make no mistake, that knee was absolutely a giant hindrance to his training and conditioning and you seemed to flat out dismiss it even if the focus was on "running"...

Reactions: T8KUDWN

Well then why did he?

So….he had a torn acl his sr year too?
and he couldn’t run the whole time he was at Iowa….would explain gassing in matches.
No, only years he had a torn ACL throughout the season were 2019&2020. Other years he was recovering from surgery (2017&2022). 2018-19 season he tore it in the 2nd period of the finals.

Also I’m pretty sure he was able to run during the time he wrestled on one torn ACL, I can recall interviews during the 2020 season where he mentioned how he had been running 3miles a day. Definitely would have been able to run his freshman and sophomore seasons

what might have been if 2020 nationals weren’t canceled. Iowa most likely wins back to back team titles and Spencer is our first four timer.

And Pat Lugo! Man my heart still hurts for him. He was looking so damn good at the end of that year.
Most likely, that was a big time lock!

Reactions: moug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT