ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto

I have family who are artistic and the word “spectrum” is absolutely applicable. There are too many types to diagnose one, hence spectrum. So whether you were kidding or not, I don’t like your post. But it is a free country.
don't care if you like my post or not gfys, but the experts on here most of which do not have a clue,you have no clue where i'm coming from on this so.if you are so worried about it why artistic

I could go San souci on your ass. We should meet up before a meet and settle this tough guy. Have a beer under a bridge after.

Yes, he should be held accountable for his actions. I enjoyed them, doesn’t mean it was right. Lizak did provoke, doesn’t make it right. It made for good tv, but it is something he shouldn’t do again.

Reactions: Hunter78
Yes, he should be held accountable for his actions. I enjoyed them, doesn’t mean it was right. Lizak did provoke, doesn’t make it right. It made for good tv, but it is something he shouldn’t do again.
How did Lizak provoke him? I'm assuming people are referring to the Twitter thing, I just have a hard time believing anyone outside of PD3 would do that kind of thing about future opponents.

From afar, Lizak's conduct on the mat has always been good, IMO. Maybe I'm out of the loop or something.

Reactions: slushhead
After Flo scraped HR for takes about how Brands should start a bunch of other 133lber accounts, it was theorized by them that it was probably some of Lizak's teammates messing with him while trolling Iowa by starting that account. If that was the case, while it may not have been Lizak, his teammates did start this and a little payback was in order. Also I am unaware of Lizak or any of his teammates trying to shut down the idea it was him.

I guess I am burnt out by all the outrage culture. This did not even get a bleep on my outrage meter.

Im leaving wrestling out of this part
My boy is 7 years old he attends a special school for Aspergers kids, aspergers an autism are medically labeled on the spectrum. He is smart IQ over 160 and his school has him doing 5-6 graders school work. Challenges are different for everybody but for us we cannot go to the grocery store because the scents or smells of things/stuff/food is too much. We cannot go to busy places he gets too wound up an a meltdown occurs. With his brain trying to get him to do 6-8 things at a time, that's the difference w nuerological problems that gives him the Aspergers/spectrum label.
Dream of mine to take him to practice some day.

Anyways I can see where Austin is coming from but I hope he can keep it cool we need him.

Im leaving wrestling out of this part
My boy is 7 years old he attends a special school for Aspergers kids, aspergers an autism are medically labeled on the spectrum. He is smart IQ over 160 and his school has him doing 5-6 graders school work. Challenges are different for everybody but for us we cannot go to the grocery store because the scents or smells of things/stuff/food is too much. We cannot go to busy places he gets too wound up an a meltdown occurs. With his brain trying to get him to do 6-8 things at a time, that's the difference w nuerological problems that gives him the Aspergers/spectrum label.
Dream of mine to take him to practice some day.

Anyways I can see where Austin is coming from but I hope he can keep it cool we need him.
God bless. I can see how that can be a handful and stressful for the family. Finding a sport or other activity where a kid can feel part of something would be a blessing.

Reactions: hokguy88 and MSeil
After Flo scraped HR for takes about how Brands should start a bunch of other 133lber accounts, it was theorized by them that it was probably some of Lizak's teammates messing with him while trolling Iowa by starting that account. If that was the case, while it may not have been Lizak, his teammates did start this and a little payback was in order. Also I am unaware of Lizak or any of his teammates trying to shut down the idea it was him.

I guess I am burnt out by all the outrage culture. This did not even get a bleep on my outrage meter.
Jason Bryant confirmed on here Monday that it was a fake account. Just because Lizak or teammates didn't come on social media and deny it doesn't mean it's true. I know it sounds good and is an easy out for some Iowa fan to justify Desantos actions but it's fake news.

Reactions: hokguy88
Does Austin for sure have autism? I guess I haven't seen that publically anywhere. And am I hearing that his antics against Lizak are because of his autism?

Does Austin for sure have autism? I guess I haven't seen that publically anywhere. And am I hearing that his antics against Lizak are because of his autism?
I asked the same thing only to be treated as a troll. Conflicting information. Everything I know about it us from what people are saying on the message boards but who do you believe? One minute everyone is saying he surely does then I go over to another forum and you have a guy posting that Austin publicly said he is not autistic.

I thought long ago he was reported to have Aspergers which is on the spectrum but not quite Autism. But I am not for sure. But he is high functioning on whatever it is and his attention to detail is kind of his biggest asset in the room. SO its not a ADHD thing is my guess:

It generally involves:

• Difficulty with social interactions
  • Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths
Strengths can include: Sums up his wrestling because I don't think he can be outworked:

• Remarkable focus and persistence
  • Aptitude for recognizing patterns
  • Attention to detail
Challenges can include:

• Hypersensitivities (to lights, sounds, tastes, etc.)
  • Difficulty with the give and take of conversation
  • Difficulty with nonverbal conversation skills (distance, loudness, tone, etc.)
  • Uncoordinated movements, or clumsiness
  • Anxiety and depression

Reactions: Gobblin
I thought long ago he was reported to have Aspergers which is on the spectrum but not quite Autism. But I am not for sure. But he is high functioning on whatever it is and his attention to detail is kind of his biggest asset in the room. SO its not a ADHD thing is my guess:

It generally involves:

• Difficulty with social interactions
  • Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths
Strengths can include: Sums up his wrestling because I don't think he can be outworked:

• Remarkable focus and persistence
  • Aptitude for recognizing patterns
  • Attention to detail
Challenges can include:

• Hypersensitivities (to lights, sounds, tastes, etc.)
  • Difficulty with the give and take of conversation
  • Difficulty with nonverbal conversation skills (distance, loudness, tone, etc.)
  • Uncoordinated movements, or clumsiness
  • Anxiety and depression

Stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

It has been stated by a number of people close to his situation. It first came up as a reason why he went to Drexel so he would be a bit more comfortable closer to home.
He was home schooled. Not sure if had anything to do with dealing with structure or more of a comfort thing. Hope he learns from these instances. I believe he will and we will all benefit from that wrestling wise.

I could go San souci on your ass. We should meet up before a meet and settle this tough guy. Have a beer under a bridge after.
i'm only a few minutes from tiffin, i could bring the kids and you can explain their spectrum to them.

Jason Bryant confirmed on here Monday that it was a fake account. Just because Lizak or teammates didn't come on social media and deny it doesn't mean it's true. I know it sounds good and is an easy out for some Iowa fan to justify Desantos actions but it's fake news.
Well the same account was tagged multiple times by the official Goofer wrestling twitter, and by his teammates, was also followed by a bunch of his Goof teammates. So to anybody who was casually looking at it, easy to see how it would appear real without investigating further it to debunk some wrestling drama.

I think Flo's theory is probably correct that the account was made by a teammate or friend of Ethan's. However, how did Jason Bryant confirm that it isn't actually Ethan's account? Did he interview Ethan? Was it Jason Byrant's account?

Even if it was Ethan's, he could easily lie and say it wasn't as it makes him look very silly and everyone already thinks it's a fake account anyway.

The fact is that the account was deleted right after the match, so signs point that the account was made by either Ethan or someone close to Ethan because if it was a troll who didn't like Ethan, they would have left it up.

Well the same account was tagged multiple times by the official Goofer wrestling twitter, and by his teammates, was also followed by a bunch of his Goof teammates. So to anybody who was casually looking at it, easy to see how it would appear real without investigating further it to debunk some wrestling drama.

Plus it was created years ago

I’ll give you it could have been a teammate but if you have actually talked to Ethan you would know full well it wasn’t him. I don’t know how JB got his info on confirming it wasn’t Ethan’s but he posted it on here Monday. He also stated that it doesn’t matter how old an account is you can change the name to whatever you want whenever you want.

I’ll give you it could have been a teammate but if you have actually talked to Ethan you would know full well it wasn’t him. I don’t know how JB got his info on confirming it wasn’t Ethan’s but he posted it on here Monday. He also stated that it doesn’t matter how old an account is you can change the name to whatever you want whenever you want.

And that’s the only reason I would go the other way in that...he doesn’t seem like too much of a shit talker. But like Vodka said, a troll would have reveled in it.

Reactions: 24 so far

I'm not saying he's wrong, but without a source or explanation, I don't view his forum post as any more credible than the other speculatory posts.

From the article I shared in my earlier post:

There’s history here, with Lizak issuing a challenge with an August tweet: “double dog dare Desanto to chose bottom. He won’t!” Afterward, Lizak said he didn’t hear what DeSanto said to him and didn’t know if his reaction was tied to his provocation.”

Again this is from a Minny writer/newspaper who apparently covers the gophers. Seems like he would have set this guy straight since he was apparently asked about it. Personally I also liked Eggum’s quotes along with his prematch motivational speech - gophers are closing the gap.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
It doesn't matter if it was a fake account. What matters is what Desanto was told about the account. His teammates probably told him100's of times last week about how Lizak was going to ride the piss out of him. AD was fired up and made Lizak pay a price for his friends stunts. Unfortunately AD put a target on his back with the post match crap. The facemush was great payback. The spitting and slash need to never happen again.

Reactions: Jaybird319
Do you really still call people a douchebag when they piss you off? Lmao
I call all Iowa fans douchebags! Of course meaning it in a loving way. After all didn't wrestling start here and with the Brands as his coach they should know all about the meds they had to take when they were growing up to stay some what normal.

It doesn't matter if it was a fake account. What matters is what Desanto was told about the account. His teammates probably told him100's of times last week about how Lizak was going to ride the piss out of him. AD was fired up and made Lizak pay a price for his friends stunts. Unfortunately AD put a target on his back with the post match crap. The facemush was great payback. The spitting and slash need to never happen again.

Are you sure Brands didn’t just have him choose bottom in order to prepare for NCAA’s?

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
I call all Iowa fans douchebags! Of course meaning it in a loving way. After all didn't wrestling start here and with the Brands as his coach they should know all about the meds they had to take when they were growing up to stay some what normal.
Welcome back, Mike. Usually when the cesspool gets deeper, you show up to crap in it, and I mean that with much love, too.

Reactions: mike tognetti
"You directly said that he scores from top against lesser wrestlers, but just stalls for RT against better wrestlers. Obviously that is denigrating his skills, since I gave examples of him getting backpoints against better wrestlers.
You know, you can have the last word in this pointless back-and-forth. I'm done with this. But I will point out that you changed your argument. In your first post against mine, you claimed I "denigrated the kid." That would be a personal attack. (Check the dictionary.) I protested that I did not personally attack him. Now, you've changed your message to say that I "denigrated his skills." That would be a criticism of his wrestling style, but decidedly not a personal attack. So...which is it?

Most of us on this forum have had plenty to say about the wrestling styles we either like or dislike. I don't like Lizak's style. I hope that's not too much for you.

Get lost douchebag! You are the biggest troll on here. AD is fine....deal with it pu$$ies!!

Do you really still call people a douchebag when they piss you off? Lmao

Nicely parlayed, WestPA. I add this...

"Internet Forum: A place where some who lack discipline and civility find exhilaration in venting their anger with language they would not have the courage to use in a face-to-face encounter."

Nicely parlayed, WestPA. I add this...

"Internet Forum: A place where some who lack discipline and civility find exhilaration in venting their anger with language they would not have the courage to use in a face-to-face encounter."
You have not been paying attention and need to follow WestPA closer dummy.....he is a PSU troll...

Last edited:
You know, you can have the last word in this pointless back-and-forth. I'm done with this. But I will point out that you changed your argument. In your first post against mine, you claimed I "denigrated the kid." That would be a personal attack. (Check the dictionary.) I protested that I did not personally attack him. Now, you've changed your message to say that I "denigrated his skills." That would be a criticism of his wrestling style, but decidedly not a personal attack. So...which is it?

Most of us on this forum have had plenty to say about the wrestling styles we either like or dislike. I don't like Lizak's style. I hope that's not too much for you.

You can have an opinion all you want, but when you say something demonstrably false....well, that's on you.

Lizak didn't provoke anything dumbass. It was a fake twitter account. You were the same jerkoff on here whining about Gable's antics.

Lizak didn't provoke anything dumbass. It was a fake twitter account. You were the same jerkoff on here whining about Gable's antics.

Yeah I dislike gs, it doesn’t matter if he did it or not , it pissed of AD. I like the douchey stuff when it’s a hawkeye and hate it when it’s not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT