ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone go the the basketball scrimmage today?

i hope they drop that slogan from the unis... i think it falls squarely under the heading:

trying-too-hard.jpg
When your likes are from intrepodor and curtis I would rethink my statements.

The exact term that we have been absent from the Sweet Sixteen is kind of a moot point. I'm just beginning to wonder if it's become a life sentence.

How about people just reply to the question asked! Getting sick of these threads getting derailed and bitching going on!

Guessing this thread would be pretty empty then as it’s been a month and no one has answered it properly.

Did you think today was the day you’d get an answer on the men’s scrimmage from 8/31/24?

Why not put an end to this thread, I swear I saw an earlier release mentioning that that the men's basketball team was going to hold an open scrimmage before the opening football game against Illinois State. Being from the Quad Cities I was hoping someone would go to it and relay what they saw. Evidently that was not the case. My bad, I was wrong, at 76 years old and showing signs of dementia it's going to happen more often then not. Let it GO!

Why not put an end to this thread, I swear I saw an earlier release mentioning that that the men's basketball team was going to hold an open scrimmage before the opening football game against Illinois State. Being from the Quad Cities I was hoping someone would go to it and relay what they saw. Evidently that was not the case. My bad, I was wrong, at 76 years old and showing signs of dementia it's going to happen more often then not. Let it GO!

Perhaps you went, but don’t remember?!?!?!

I’m just kidding, not cool on my part. I still think we can salvage this thread. Yes, the same old jokes get old. I agree.

Have you got tickets to the Washington St game at The Mark yet? I’ve been waiting for Hawks to return there for 26 years and now I’m not sure I can make it that night.

Perhaps you went, but don’t remember?!?!?!

I’m just kidding, not cool on my part. I still think we can salvage this thread. Yes, the same old jokes get old. I agree.

Have you got tickets to the Washington St game at The Mark yet? I’ve been waiting for Hawks to return there for 26 years and now I’m not sure I can make it that night.
No I haven't. An hour after the tickets went on sale last Thursday at noon, I was told by the ticket salesperson today Ticketmaster razed the ticket prices by 20 dollars a ticket. A horse shit move if you ask me. I might relent and get 1 near game day, but right now if I can, if not blacked out, I'll watch it on my TV.
I'd love to see Brock and Owen play in Moline. Got my picture taken with those 2 this summer and I was thrilled. It was a dream of mine that some day my high school Alma Mader would win a 4A state title and in western Illinois that's almost an impossible task, but those 2 and some very talented teammates accomplished the impossible.

Last edited:
No I haven't. An hour after the tickets went on sale last Thursday at noon, I was told by the ticket salesperson today Ticketmaster razed the ticket prices by 20 dollars a ticket. A horse shit move if you ask me. I might relent and get 1 near game day, but right now if I can, if not blacked out, I'll watch it on my TV.
I'd love to see Brock and Owen play in Moline. Got my picture taken with those 2 this summer and I was thrilled. It was a dream of mine that some day my high school Alma Mader would win a 4A state title and in western Illinois that's almost an impossible task, but those 2 and some very talented teammates accomplished the impossible.

Yeah pretty cool for those two to get to come home and play in their own city. Tickets are more than I expected on stub hub, but I’m sure will drop closer to game day.

My hope is that it’s a success and Iowa plays there yearly or at least every other year. Also it’s pretty cool that it’s a decent opponent. I could see Iowa playing WIU there or another directional IL team in the future. Pretty sure the last time there was vs WIU and a couple of NIT games.

Yeah pretty cool for those two to get to come home and play in their own city. Tickets are more than I expected on stub hub, but I’m sure will drop closer to game day.

My hope is that it’s a success and Iowa plays there yearly or at least every other year. Also it’s pretty cool that it’s a decent opponent. I could see Iowa playing WIU there or another directional IL team in the future. Pretty sure the last time there was vs WIU and a couple of NIT games.
Washington State is way better then playing Western Illinois, no contest. Playing a P5 University is something Iowa should continue year after year if they're going to use Vibrant Arena on a yearly basis.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
How much are the tickets?

I assumed this would sell out immediately.
Love to take my 8yr old grandson to this game.

How much are the tickets?

I assumed this would sell out immediately.
Love to take my 8yr old grandson to this game.
The price of tickets is what's keeping this game from selling out...I'm sorry but this is just a non conference game not a NCAA tournament game or even a professional basketball game or a Tylor Swift concert or an equivalent concert. I'd love to take my 14 year old grandson, my son and my wife, but it's not worth paying over 100 dollars or even 200 dollars. JMO

The price of tickets is what's keeping this game from selling out...I'm sorry but this is just a non conference game not a NCAA tournament game or even a professional basketball game or a Tylor Swift concert or an equivalent concert. I'd love to take my 14 year old grandson, my son and my wife, but it's not worth paying over 100 dollars or en 200 dollars. JMO
It says on the website tickets start at $39.50. Surprised BH isn't gifting you tickets as you seem to be president of his fan club.

https://www.vibrantarena.com/event-details/quad-cities-hoops-showdown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT