ADVERTISEMENT

Did Iowa ever seriously recruit Dayton Racer?

I don't think so. We were hearing some not so good things. There were a lot of red flags even back in high school with women. I remember he and Mark Hall jawing on twitter and Hall was completely in the right. He just seemed like a punk who had to keep changing high schools for a reason. Im sure a few of the Bett parents told Brands to stay away.

I'm so glad Stiert beat him his SR year.

I believe there were also reports of this kind of behavior in high school as well.
What I don't understand is that he went through 6-7 schools through high school and college, with multiple reports that something was wrong with the kids behavior and it took until now for him to finally come into contact with serious legal trouble? I can only imagine what kind of incidents never saw the light of day or were ignored because Dayton was a good wrestler.

I think Iowa did have some contact. He moved to Bettendorf as a Senior, and that was after he moved in Minnesota because of the accusations against him pretty much IIRC. He was at Apple Valley at one time. Went to Va. Tech, then Iowa Central, then Utah Valley ( I think that's the dealio).

Quote from Braveheart "I didn't like him anyway, he wasn't right in the head".

I think Iowa did have some contact. He moved to Bettendorf as a Senior, and that was after he moved in Minnesota because of the accusations against him pretty much IIRC. He was at Apple Valley at one time. Went to Va. Tech, then Iowa Central, then Utah Valley ( I think that's the dealio).

Quote from Braveheart "I didn't like him anyway, he wasn't right in the head".
Clackamas also before Utah Valley.Beat Flynn Mizzu and Paul Fox Stanford I think at Reno

i remember Mark Hall not saying very not nice things about him and that he would never wrestle at the same college as Racer.

i remember Mark Hall not saying very not nice things about him and that he would never wrestle at the same college as Racer.
Yes it was never good when Racer name was brought up with anyone who knew him.The stories about him that I have heard from credible people not sure how any school took him.And this was being talked about when he was being recruited it's not new

Reactions: Fan In Black
Crazy mug shot photo:
47d05fcf-d222-4886-ad45-08e68cf78bd9-large16x9_daytonracerutahcountyjail.PNG

On another thread, were talking about guys that came in from out of state. I didn't want to soil that thread because its a good one but it got me thinking about what happened to Dayton Racer. He was recently sentenced to up to 15 years for one charge of rape in which he plead guilty and is on the hook for another one...which would start at the end of the current sentence. Both happened in Utah.

I guess there were similar incidents at both tOSU and VT. Somehow, he still is able to go to Clackamas and than UVU. How the coaching wire didn't heat up with a blackball astounds me. Huge fail.

https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/the-justice-files-former-athlete-called-a-serial-date-rapist/

On another thread, were talking about guys that came in from out of state. I didn't want to soil that thread because its a good one but it got me thinking about what happened to Dayton Racer. He was recently sentenced to up to 15 years for one charge of rape in which he plead guilty and is on the hook for another one...which would start at the end of the current sentence. Both happened in Utah.

I guess there were similar incidents at both tOSU and VT. Somehow, he still is able to go to Clackamas and than UVU. How the coaching wire didn't heat up with a blackball astounds me. Huge fail.

https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/the-justice-files-former-athlete-called-a-serial-date-rapist/
Dayton meet your new cell mate Bubba. Don't worry, he will take good care of you. Might aswell get comfortable

This didn't start in college. He moved around in HS as well and had issues but some schools didn't seem to care because he was talented.

Reactions: IAChief32
What I don't understand is that he went through 6-7 schools through high school and college, with multiple reports that something was wrong with the kids behavior and it took until now for him to finally come into contact with serious legal trouble? I can only imagine what kind of incidents never saw the light of day or were ignored because Dayton was a good wrestler.

Because he was a good wrestler? Not a prayer. Because it is VERY HARD to prove? Probably. There is NO WAY IN HELL being a good wrestler in High School is going to cause rape accusations to be ignored. The amount of fame and money necessary to even have a chance to do that isn't there.

Remember, he had to keep leaving schools because of the issues. He wasn't shielded by anything other than his family. Their unwavering support is what seemed, to me anyway, to be just enough to keep him from prosecution and inevitable conviction. Finally, that was not enough. Now he will rot in prison!

Edited to add: He has to serve 2 consecutive 1-15 year sentences. In Utah, it appears he will be much closer to the 15 for each. Plus, having the judge clearly state that he will make sure he serves all 15 on the 2nd sentence is pretty telling. Since it appears Utah judges hold a lot of sway over the parole hearings, I would say he will be in prison for quite some time.

Even if he eventually gets out, his life will be a nightmare. He will almost assuredly be classified as a level 3 offender.Finding somewhere to live will be brutal. Following all the rules that will be strictly enforced, even more so.

It sucks that rape can be so hard to prove, but once convicted, the punishments can be, as they should, brutal!

Last edited:
Hope he maintains that confidence when everyone he's locked up with realizes he was convicted of sex crimes.

Gonna be a rough time for him. Good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT