ADVERTISEMENT

Did Iowa ever win the Playboy "party school of the year" award?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
FSU used to always rank pretty high on these rankings. Based on some of the posters around here, I can't believe Iowa never made the list.

FSU used to always rank pretty high on these rankings. Based on some of the posters around here, I can't believe Iowa never made the list.
About 20 years ago, I had a good friend in Panama City that was from Iowa. She was a lot of fun but nothing crazy. Then, one weekend, a few of her guy friends from Iowa came down to Panama City to visit. We partied with those guys all weekend long and they were certifiably insane! Me and my buddies were never one to shy away from a party but those dudes were on another level.

About 20 years ago, I had a good friend in Panama City that was from Iowa. She was a lot of fun but nothing crazy. Then, one weekend, a few of her guy friends from Iowa came down to Panama City to visit. We partied with those guys all weekend long and they were certifiably insane! Me and my buddies were never one to shy away from a party but those dudes were on another level.

Radical!

corn-party-kevin-middleton.jpg

Reactions: goldmom
No name sand bars on the Mississippi River - my favorite was referred to as “local” on NE Iowa

My favorite beach was about 30 minutes south of Jacksonville Beach. It was called "The Crossroads" because A1A and another state road intersected where you could get on the beach.

Totally lawless back in the day. You could camp, fish, drink, smoke, get naked... whatever... no lifeguards, no beach patrol, no cops. Nirvana.

The beach access is gone and there are condos there now. :(

Grew up in the Midwest, and it’s a whole different animal than down south. Biggest partiers imo.
I remember going to high school parties with 6 kegs plus, so I know that Iowans can get down

Reactions: BrunoMars420
2015, Iowa was number 2 behind Ohio U. In the 00's we were consistently top ten.

In 2014 Iowa won the Princton Review number 1 party school. It seems like I remember them getting ranked in Playboy, but when I did a Google search of Playboy party I got side tracked
th

These are both correct. We hit #2 party school in Playboy’s 2014 rankings, and #1 in Princeton Review’s rankings a year later. (Google that year’s honorary class president, “Vodka Sam”)

I don't know what party potatoes are, but apparently they have them in Iowa. Rock on.

Don’t forget loose-meat sandwiches (maid-rites) and it’s offspring, the walking taco. Iowa’s culinary gifts to America.

Gotcha. Have to learn the local customs and favorite items and places. BTW, what are the best beaches in Iowa?

Are you telling me that you’ve never heard of the Iowa Great Lakes OR the Coralville Reservoir*?!?!

*We has some sick beaches in the Devonian Era, brah

Reactions: naturalmwa
Don’t forget loose-meat sandwiches (maid-rites) and it’s offspring, the walking taco. Iowa’s culinary gifts to America.

Are you telling me that you’ve never heard of the Iowa Great Lakes OR the Coralville Reservoir*?!?!

I love me some walking taco. I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, but I'm sure I'd like the kind you are talking about.

My knowledge of Iowa is very limited. It is one of a handful of states (mostly midwest and northwest of there) to which I have never been.

These are both correct. We hit #2 party school in Playboy’s 2014 rankings, and #1 in Princeton Review’s rankings a year later. (Google that year’s honorary class president, “Vodka Sam”)

Taco pizza was invented in Bettendorf Iowa at a regional pizza chain called Happy Joe’s.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I love me some walking taco. I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, but I'm sure I'd like the kind you are talking about.

My knowledge of Iowa is very limited. It is one of a handful of states (mostly midwest and northwest of there) to which I have never been.

It's the Iowa take on the Frito pie, but with Doritos. Another famous Iowa/Dorito contribution like the aforementioned taco pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT