ADVERTISEMENT

Did MM and PSU coaches not know that Carr had riding time?

Mar 24, 2016
Apologies if this was discussed in the finals thread. I wasn't reading through it tonight.

Sure seemed like they had no idea the match wasn't tied. If so, that's a massive blunder and destroyed MM's chance at 4x.

Either way props to Carr for securing big takedowns early, riding really tough, and doing enough at the end to avoid a final stall call.

Reactions: eb05 and el dub
It appeared that was the case. Carr deserved the win and he is not my favorite. The better wrestler tonight. Had to best MM and the ref.

I agree. But PSU coaching making a blunder that serious warrants discussion if in it's true. Would love to hear Cael's interview regarding that match.

I was there… Coaches were yelling to him but he couldn’t hear them and he never looked over. Maybe throw a brick? Not much else they could do.

Reactions: eb05 and hlstone
Cael and Casey were screaming at Mitch but he didn't hear them. Refs should have called the stall anyway because David was running away for 39 seconds straight.

Mitchell will not lose again. Down to his right weight 157 next year and three titles. God willing.

Cael and Casey were screaming at Mitch but he didn't hear them. Refs should have called the stall anyway because David was running away for 39 seconds straight.

Mitchell will not lose again. Down to his right weight 157 next year and three titles. God willing.

Were they? Would love to see the video/audio of that. In Cael's interview he takes ownership for failing to communicate the situation to MM. He didn't really elaborate so it's unclear whether they were attempting to tell him the score but failed to be heard or if they just didn't shout/explain the score at all.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Were they? Would love to see the video/audio of that. In Cael's interview he takes ownership for failing to communicate the situation to MM. He didn't really elaborate so it's unclear whether they were attempting to tell him the score but failed to be heard or if they just didn't shout/explain the score at all.
As I said in my PP, I was sitting not too far away. Coaches were trying but just couldn’t get MM’s attention. It was just too loud and he never looked over. Screaming from the corner is not something you ever see Cael do, so MM probably wasn't listening for it. Cael owns it because he should. It’s what great coaches do.

As I said in my PP, I was sitting not too far away. Coaches were trying but just couldn’t get MM’s attention. It was just too loud and he never looked over. Screaming from the corner is not something you ever see Cael do, so MM probably wasn't listening for it. Cael owns it because he should. It’s what great coaches do.

So you heard Cael not screaming from your seat, yet MM didn't hear Cael not screaming from much closer?

Why doesn't Cael scream? Seems like that's a moment that would warrant ****ing screaming to make sure your wrestle knows the score. Heck, Okie state would've thrown a brick and a shoe on the mat to get that match stopped to talk to their wrestler. 😂

MM got ridden like a pony. How is it possible he didn’t know Carr was likely to have riding time? It isn’t like this was his first college match. He’s been in college for 2 years.

I agree. But Cael did say that MM thought it was tied and would go to OT, and MM clearly looked confused after finding out he lost.

So you think the guy with two takedowns (plus RT) to MM’s one deserved a third stall call to tie it up? Give me a break.

Carr completely out wrestled Mesenbrink tonight.

The refs were more than generous is helping out with stall calls already.

I was there… Coaches were yelling to him but he couldn’t hear them and he never looked over. Maybe throw a brick? Not much else they could do.
Mesenbrink is dumber than a rock if he did not realize he was ridden like a mule for over two minutes.
Super glad Carr won. Nice young man. The hate for Penn State is too great. I will pull for an ISU wrestler ANY time they are wrestling a Ped State wrestler.

So you heard Cael not screaming from your seat, yet MM didn't hear Cael not screaming from much closer?

Why doesn't Cael scream? Seems like that's a moment that would warrant ****ing screaming to make sure your wrestle knows the score. Heck, Okie state would've thrown a brick and a shoe on the mat to get that match stopped to talk to their wrestler. 😂
Can you not read? Show me the part again where I said I could hear them scream? We can argue the facts, but you can’t just make stuff up. Well, it is something you do on a regular basis, so there’s that.

Reactions: horraybeer
Can you not read? Show me the part again where I said I could hear them scream? We can argue the facts, but you can’t just make stuff up. Well, it is something you do on a regular basis, so there’s that.

If you couldn't hear them, you have no idea what they were saying or trying to say.

My guess, and that's all it is.....what makes MM a great wrestler, at least in part, is what bit him in the ass here. He has a hyper-focused honey badger attack mind. Kind of hard to pause that in the middle of action or hear people yelling at you. Reminds me of a wolf that encounters a dog. Even if you yell and throw rocks, that wolf's mind is locked hard on that dog (competitor). Need a shotgun to 'distract' that wolf. I think Carl might want to put a shock collar on MM for next time.

Glad that the ref didn’t decide that match. Ridiculous stall calls.
No crap. Figs literally runs the entire match against Ayala, not sure if he had one committed shot, and only got one stall the entire match. Carr stayed engaged and pretty aggressive the entire match, and deserved 3 stalls 😂😂😂😂. If there was a step out 1 point rule, Ayala would be champ.

If you couldn't hear them, you have no idea what they were saying or trying to say.
Maybe he was too busy laughing at Carr and waving his finger in his face, trying get Carr pissed and out of his game. Didn’t work jerk. Carr wanted this too bad to fall for your taunting. Don’t like the guy. Will probably end up a multiple champ, but would be nice to end up like Fix

A bit off topic but didnt want to start a new thread. I hadnt heard much about Messenbrink before this year and thought maybe he was a highly recruited kid that PSU locked up as a soph in high school or something. But then seen where he went to CBU initially and then transferred. Was he not highly recruited and why only 2 matches his RS year at CBU if he was that good?

Maybe he was too busy laughing at Carr and waving his finger in his face, trying get Carr pissed and out of his game. Didn’t work jerk. Carr wanted this too bad to fall for your taunting. Don’t like the guy. Will probably end up a multiple champ, but would be nice to end up like Fix
Im liking the part about the finger wag..

A bit off topic but didnt want to start a new thread. I hadnt heard much about Messenbrink before this year and thought maybe he was a highly recruited kid that PSU locked up as a soph in high school or something. But then seen where he went to CBU initially and then transferred. Was he not highly recruited and why only 2 matches his RS year at CBU if he was that good?
He was a late bloomer. Really broke out in freestyle after his senior year.

Was like #59 overall recruit on the big board.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT