ADVERTISEMENT

Did the UNI women get a player back…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Recently?! They started 1-9 & have now won 4 straight games. The first three were admittedly against the bottom of the conference but tonight they smoked Murray State who was tied for first?!

It’s pretty cool, how good the state of Iowa has been in women’s basketball the last few years. And on a sidenote, the Drakes women basketball team is pretty good and we smoked them and Iowa State is really coming into their own… I don’t know that our fans even appreciate how good the Iowa women’s schedule has been. Florida Gulf Coast and Cleveland State are both going to the tournament and we beat them by 40 or 50?

Recently?! They started 1-9 & have now won 4 straight games. The first three were admittedly against the bottom of the conference but tonight they smoked Murray State who was tied for first?!

It’s pretty cool, how good the state of Iowa has been in women’s basketball the last few years. And on a sidenote, the Drakes women basketball team is pretty good and we smoked them and Iowa State is really coming into their own… I don’t know that our fans even appreciate how good the Iowa women’s schedule has been. Florida Gulf Coast and Cleveland State are both going to the tournament and we beat them by 40 or 50?
Their post player, Grace Boffeli, has been back the past few games following an injury.

Their two best players are PG Maya McDermott and C Grace Bofelli. Both have been in and out of the lineup all season with injuries (starting with their game against us) so have rarely been on the court together. UNI hasn't had any consistency or chemistry as a result. Fortunately both are playing again!

Reactions: cmhawks99

No, the schedule has been really tough. Not only do our fans not know that, other teams that are good beat up some terrible, bottom feeders.

No, the schedule has been really tough. Not only do our fans not know that, other teams that are good beat up some terrible, bottom feeders.

Yes…we have been tested. We’ve also played and beat 3 of the best centers in the land…Lee 6-6, Kilter 6-5 & Holmes 6-4….our defense is markedly better.

As for UNI I knew something had to be up. They also lost to a solid Vandy by 2 a few weeks back. Thanks to CC Ive become a major fan and avid watcher of women’s B-ball..LOL

Yes…we have been tested. We’ve also played and beat 3 of the best centers in the land…Lee 6-6, Kilter 6-5 & Holmes 6-4….our defense is markedly better.

As for UNI I knew something had to be up. They also lost to a solid Vandy by 2 a few weeks back. Thanks to CC Ive become a major fan and avid watcher of women’s B-ball..LOL

TBH I think I like the women's game better. I watched the UCLA/Colorado game last night, just cuz. hahaha

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT