ADVERTISEMENT

Different colors different reaction

theiacowtipper

HR Legend
Feb 17, 2004
An article that notes the similarities of the cases between Tibbetts and Rivera cases. How both involved the senseless murders of a young woman. The article notes the subtle racism and different reactions from politicians who chose to try and make political hay from the Tibbetts murder. Couldn’t because the murderer was white and the victim was brown in the Rivera case. Hope I’m not going all Pepsi on this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/slain-go...ntrasting-lives-iowa-city-045634748--spt.html

tibbets was like a month long thing with national attention BEFORE anyone knew an illegal killed her.

the isu girl was just some girl that was murdered. sad indeed, BUT people are murdered in this country every hour. do they think politicians are going to talk about all of them?

So in one case a foreigner kills an American and in the other an American kills a foreigner. Treat them the same. Firing squad for both, use one 50 cal. bullet to save money.
sledgehammer would be cheaper

tibbets was like a month long thing with national attention BEFORE anyone knew an illegal killed her.

the isu girl was just some girl that was murdered. sad indeed, BUT people are murdered in this country every hour. do they think politicians are going to talk about all of them?

sledgehammer would be cheaper

So talk about the brown ones who commit murder?

I'm confused. I saw this story on a national news feed. They even went and interviewed people in her hometown in Spain.

Are people not talking about it?

Seems pretty obvious what happened and I don't hear anyone defending the guy

An article that notes the similarities of the cases between Tibbetts and Rivera cases. How both involved the senseless murders of a young woman. The article notes the subtle racism and different reactions from politicians who chose to try and make political hay from the Tibbetts murder. Couldn’t because the murderer was white and the victim was brown in the Rivera case. Hope I’m not going all Pepsi on this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/slain-go...ntrasting-lives-iowa-city-045634748--spt.html
I don't know that you're going Pepsi but you are kind of going stupid here. Rivera was the guy who killed tibbets not the name of the female golfer that was murdered.
As posted earlier, regardless of politics, both killers are human pieces of garbage who deserve to be executed. Their guilt isn't remotely in question.

I don't know that you're going Pepsi but you are kind of going stupid here. Rivera was the guy who killed tibbets not the name of the female golfer that was murdered.
As posted earlier, regardless of politics, both killers are human pieces of garbage who deserve to be executed. Their guilt isn't remotely in question.

Oops. But point stands.

The guy should have been in jail already had a rap sheet a mile long
Don't you realize we ( USA ) have the most people incarcerated of any first world nation, like 2 million. I just heard it on CBS news this am. Most black people don't belong there because, you know, racism. The white people don't belong there because of, you know, mental illness, which is a health care problem, not a criminal issue. We don't have enough health care options because of, you know, Republicans and rich people......

Last edited:
So talk about the brown ones who commit murder?
I get so tired of all this "race" GARBAGE.
Why is everything about race to some people?
These are politicians, if there is something they can use to get votes they will use it. If it doesn't help them they won't care. it doesn't have shit to do with race......

Oh and it was an ILLEGAL brown one bud! Do you think politicans would actually give a shit if he was a LEGAL citizen? NOPE.......

The guy should have been in jail already had a rap sheet a mile long
Same could be said for half the BLM people that I saw on the news.
I don't understand how so many of these people can be on the streets but then you have non violent people locked up and staying locked up!
It is what it is I guess. Gotta keep work for those lawyers and judges ;)

Don't you realize we ( USA ) have the most people incarcerated of any first world nation, like 2 million. I just heard it on CBS news this am. Most black people don't belong there because, you know, racism. The white people don't belong there because of, you know, mental illness, which is a health care problem, not a criminal issue. We don't have enough health care options because of, you know, Republicans and rich people......
No it is because we baby too many damn people and let them think they can do whatever the hell they want. You should see what kids are able to get away with these days. This country is gonna be a shit hole in a couple decades if things don't change.
BTW DEMS WORK for................. RICH PEOPLE, dont get it twisted!!!

I'm independent btw, so I hate both sides :D

I need to just stick to my cubs thread in the OT lol

Well I'll help you out with this one since critical thinking is void in leftist thought. One murder never should have happened because the POS should have been in his country of origin. The other murder shouldn't have happened because the POS should have been stoned long ago after his 5th arrest.

Same could be said for half the BLM people that I saw on the news.
I don't understand how so many of these people can be on the streets but then you have non violent people locked up and staying locked up!
It is what it is I guess. Gotta keep work for those lawyers and judges ;)

No it is because we baby too many damn people and let them think they can do whatever the hell they want. You should see what kids are able to get away with these days. This country is gonna be a shit hole in a couple decades if things don't change.
BTW DEMS WORK for................. RICH PEOPLE, dont get it twisted!!!

I'm independent btw, so I hate both sides :D

I need to just stick to my cubs thread in the OT lol
Obviously I failed to use the sarcasm font....

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
shit loads of white people are murder all the time and politicians don't say a peep about them(even if the killer isn't white).
apparently this comes as a shock to you......

Not at all. It's a shock to me that you can't understand that no matter how exhausting you find race discussions to be is far less exhausting than actually experiencing racism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT