ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing night, but still proud

luvmyhawks

HB Legend
Mar 22, 2005
of this team. Iowa will be back. At least we are somewhat relevant again. Fran will keep getting Iowa in the tourney.

Tough night, but ran into a buzzsaw. Thought it would reach @Wisconsin levels, but it didn't.

Iowa shot bad

They shot lights out

One of those nights. Nova and Virgina had bad shooting nights as well

Agreed! Great progress and we all said a success is a first round win. Sweet 16 wouldve been a pretty amazing accomplishment. Hopefully next year we keep rolling longer and louder.

Iowa needs some better all-around shooters on the team. As a guy that lives out West I have watched the Zags a few times this year. Teams that do well against them shoot well from the mid and long range space that the Zags give up at times. Iowa had a lot of good looks in this game but couldn't knock them down.

Originally posted by HaydenHawk8:
Iowa shot bad

They shot lights out

One of those nights. Nova and Virgina had bad shooting nights as well
i think you're right, but i'm willing to give gonzaga credit. they're just a better team.

nice year by the hawkeyes. it was a fun winter...

Before the season started if you would have told me Iowa would get 12 B1G wins and a win in the tourney that would have been my high mark.

Great effort by this team this year, really proud of them. They ran into a shooting buzzsaw tonight and just couldn't get over the hump.

Overall, very successful and going to miss the hell out of watching Aaron White and Gabe Olaseni.

On another note, anyone just wanna beat the piss outta Wiltjer? His personality reminds me of Gasser.

The game is still about shooting. Especially 3 point shooting. Great season and the future is bright, thanks to Fran.

Yup. IA took another step in moving the program forward this year

Fran is getting the job done. It takes awhile. Light years ahead of the Lackluster years, no doubt.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
On another note, anyone just wanna beat the piss outta Wiltjer? His personality reminds me of Gasser.
I see no reason to have animosity towards him, He is just a very good player.

Originally posted by Scott559:

He has a Bieber punch me face though, which doesn't help.

agreed - some good players on this team.
first time i've seen gonzaga play this year, and i thought they might be a little over-loved by the press. but i see a solid team there.

Originally posted by luvmyhawks:
of this team. Iowa will be back. At least we are somewhat relevant again. Fran will keep getting Iowa in the tourney.
+1

And a tip of the hat to a very good Gonzaga team.

Yes, the boys were just jittery all night. Missed to many shots early. Didn't help having the snake Mike Eads as a ref.

Gonzaga comes out blazing hot like this they will be hard to beat for anyone.

The good news is the Bulldogs will crush UCLA.

Not at all. Think he is a great player. I will actually be pulling for the zags rest of the way. Like their team

Originally posted by like-woahh:

Wasn't good enough to get smell at Kentucky. I think he probably is shooting much better than his normal. :You have to say this Gonzaga team is legit. Years past they have been pretenders, but this team that beat Iowa is probably right up there with Wisconsin.

Originally posted by HawkLogic:

Wasn't good enough to get smell at Kentucky. I think he probably is shooting much better than his normal. :You have to say this Gonzaga team is legit. Years past they have been pretenders, but this team that beat Iowa is probably right up there with Wisconsin.
He's the driving force on their team. He absolutely destroyed us in the 1st half. Dude shot out of his friggin mind. They're a definite contender if they can shoot like this.

Just silly shooting.

Their coach even told Fran when shaking hands "we shot the shit out of it"

They shoot anything like Friday night it's a closer ballgame.

But our defense had a Major Letdown tonight, poor rotations.

We will learn from this and we return 7 solid players next year, we can get back there

Good season for the Hawks. Aaron White left it all out there in the second half. Hoping for at least the same type of season next year. Good luck to Gonzaga until they play a Big Ten school.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Agreed, fun season and to think where we were 5 years ago,.. Fran has shown steady improvement. Tonight we got a taste of what the next level looks like from Gonzaga. Now let's go get the sweet 16 Nest year!

Originally posted by Bulldogs1974:
Sabonis was tough. Didn't see him coming.
Yes. He is going to have a long career in the NBA. I saw him in their tournament and the first thing I thought is that's how his dad must have played before he blew out his Achilles.

That team is built much like Iowa, except stronger and with better shooters. I don't think Iowa could beat them even if they played their best.

Very proud of the Hawks though...good season, a season that was badly needed. The NCAA win felt like a massive 15 year weight had been lifted emotionally as far as how we can look at the program.

3rd place finish in the Big Ten, NCAA tournament with one win (more than ISU had!), an improvement over last year......heck yes I'm proud!

My only disappointment is....although I did not expect a win, I did hope Iowa wouldn't get blown out. They did, which put a damper on the whole thing, but not enough to ruin a great season by the Hawks!

Originally posted by HawkLogic:

You do realize Wiltjer was a regular rotation player in both his years at UK, right? Was always a sharpshooter with them as well. He's a legit star player for most teams; he was just one of many for Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT