ADVERTISEMENT

DNC says RFK Jr. should be ashamed of himself.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017

Democrats are stepping up their criticism of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. after he announced his pick of Nicole Shanahan for vice president Tuesday, arguing the duo will benefit former President Trump.

Kennedy’s allies say the selection of Shanahan, a philanthropist and patent attorney, will generate buzz for the campaign heading into the general election, while also allowing him to check a necessary box in several states that require an Independent to have a running mate to qualify for their ballots.

But many pro-President Biden figures in the party are criticizing Kennedy as a “spoiler” propelled by GOP funds and conspiracy theories, slamming his presidential campaign shortly after he unveiled his running mate in Oakland, Calif.

“I am personally offended and just disgusted by his campaign,” Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.) said during a call hosted by the Democratic National Committee (DNC). “He should be ashamed of himself. He should stop running for president.”

Democrats have disregarded Kennedy during most of the 2024 presidential cycle, speculating that he had no shot of winning the battle for the White House. While Biden’s polling is perilous for an incumbent, many in his orbit have avoided going after Kennedy in order to focus fully on Trump.

That apathy toward Kennedy, however, has morphed in recent weeks into anguish and anger. As both parties’ primaries pointed to a Biden-Trump rematch, Democrats started examining more closely the third-party candidate who could create an unpredictable and possibly unfavorable outcome for their side in November.

Tasked with enabling a second Biden victory, the DNC has become preoccupied with Kennedy in recent weeks, allotting resources to weaken his campaign and paint him as a helpful reelection tool for Trump. Just after Kennedy made his pick of Shanahan public, the DNC convened a call with elected Democrats from swing states to warn about what Kennedy’s bid could mean for Biden’s chances to beat Trump twice.

“He’s a spoiler,” Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. Austin Davis said on the call. “He was drafted into this race by Donald Trump’s top supporters.”

“He has no realistic path to victory in Pennsylvania,” he added.

Democrats are stepping up their criticism of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. after he announced his pick of Nicole Shanahan for vice president Tuesday, arguing the duo will benefit former President Trump.

Kennedy’s allies say the selection of Shanahan, a philanthropist and patent attorney, will generate buzz for the campaign heading into the general election, while also allowing him to check a necessary box in several states that require an Independent to have a running mate to qualify for their ballots.

But many pro-President Biden figures in the party are criticizing Kennedy as a “spoiler” propelled by GOP funds and conspiracy theories, slamming his presidential campaign shortly after he unveiled his running mate in Oakland, Calif.

“I am personally offended and just disgusted by his campaign,” Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.) said during a call hosted by the Democratic National Committee (DNC). “He should be ashamed of himself. He should stop running for president.”

Democrats have disregarded Kennedy during most of the 2024 presidential cycle, speculating that he had no shot of winning the battle for the White House. While Biden’s polling is perilous for an incumbent, many in his orbit have avoided going after Kennedy in order to focus fully on Trump.

That apathy toward Kennedy, however, has morphed in recent weeks into anguish and anger. As both parties’ primaries pointed to a Biden-Trump rematch, Democrats started examining more closely the third-party candidate who could create an unpredictable and possibly unfavorable outcome for their side in November.

Tasked with enabling a second Biden victory, the DNC has become preoccupied with Kennedy in recent weeks, allotting resources to weaken his campaign and paint him as a helpful reelection tool for Trump. Just after Kennedy made his pick of Shanahan public, the DNC convened a call with elected Democrats from swing states to warn about what Kennedy’s bid could mean for Biden’s chances to beat Trump twice.

“He’s a spoiler,” Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. Austin Davis said on the call. “He was drafted into this race by Donald Trump’s top supporters.”

are we supposed to be surprised - or maybe upset - that the dnc doesn't like a potential spoiler for democrats continuing to stay in the race?

what do you think the reaction from the gop would be if nikki haley had started a third party candidacy?

are we supposed to be surprised - or maybe upset - that the dnc doesn't like a potential spoiler for democrats continuing to stay in the race?

what do you think the reaction from the gop would be if nikki haley had started a third party candidacy?
Democrats are like junkie crack whores...always upset about getting screwed....

As someone who leans more gop I’d be thrilled to have Nikki run. With both her and RFK, people might have someone to vote for.

Maybe instead of the dems bitching, they should have embraced rfk or elected someone other than Biden if they feel like this is going to take votes away from him.
The only reason rfk is taking any votes is because people don’t want to vote for Biden or trump.

As someone who leans more gop I’d be thrilled to have Nikki run. With both her and RFK, people might have someone to vote for.

Maybe instead of the dems bitching, they should have embraced rfk or elected someone other than Biden if they feel like this is going to take votes away from him.
The only reason rfk is taking any votes is because people don’t want to vote for Biden or trump.
or...the dnc thinks joe biden is an overall stronger candidate, but that rfk could pull enough votes away to put the handful of swing states that matter in more jeopardy

what do you think the goals of the dnc is? they are a political party...their goal is to get their candidates elected. other candidates, even ones that may be closer to their party than the opposition party, are still obstacles to getting elected. i agree that this is one of the drawbacks of our system, but to act like this is unfair of the dnc is ridiculous.

as for the rnc, they clearly think donald trump is the stronger candidate compared to nikki. that doesn't mean they wouldn't be raking her over the coals if she launched a third party campaign. because even though she's a critic of joe biden, she could pull enough votes from potential trump voters to reduce his margin of error and/or put trump in jeopardy in some of the swing states. and because of that, the rnc would criticize her and her campaign in the exact same way the dnc is treating rfk

why would anybody in their right mind waste the vote on an idiot with no chance of winning, not me.
432991205_7908100712542578_7836048328278034832_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
I think this is going to come to a head at the DNC Convention when a sudden shift happens and Joe is told to go to the beach and stay there.
I just think the top of the Dem Party is not going to let this continue. The polls are not trending for Biden.
People are more and more anxious for better choices and I just believe Trump can be beaten by a decent candidate.

I wish she would. I’d vote for her. Damn Trump.

Yes and he has nothing to bring to the table.

100%

I think this is going to come to a head at the DNC Convention when a sudden shift happens and Joe is told to go to the beach and stay there.
I just think the top of the Dem Party is not going to let this continue. The polls are not trending for Biden.
People are more and more anxious for better choices and I just believe Trump can be beaten by a decent candidate.
Actually the polls are trending positively for Biden the last few weeks since his State of the Union address.
Now in a tie in critical swing states.
It's March...a lifetime til November.
Trump goes on trial next month.
He is vulnerable with legal woes.
Biden has strong fundraising while the GOP is spending 100 million on Trump's legal bills.

I like Biden's chances.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Actually the polls are trending positively for Biden the last few weeks since his State of the Union address.
Now in a tie in critical swing states.
It's March...a lifetime til November.
Trump goes on trial next month.
He is vulnerable with legal woes.
Biden has strong fundraising while the GOP is spending 100 million on Trump's legal bills.

I like Biden's chances.
I'll take RFK Jr taking enough votes from Biden to swing the election to Trump

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT