ADVERTISEMENT

do Iowa fans have a preference for facing either tOSU or Michigan?,...

From watching them both through the year I think OSU is much more beatable than Mich. Their run D isnt great and they have more of a pocket style passer.

There's always the chance that a Michigan win would be vacated.
Which would be the hollowest of victories. That's a scenario we don't want. We'd forever be hearing about the "fake" B1G title we were handed.

I prefer osu to beat Michigan cause they cheated. So I prefer the Hawkeyes play osu. Perhaps they can harass the qb enough to stay in the game for a while.
Inside info has it that there are 5 defensive lineman portal players who are 6'8" or taller coming in for this game. They will swat any forward passes down so you will only be able to pass sideways to the flat. Those passes we can cover.

Iowa has about a 5% chance of beating either team. It will take a remarkable turn of events just to be competitive vs either one. Don't really care which one it is.

Regarding the original question, neither team is someone to look forward to facing.
It will be Michigan, who will eventually lose the Championship game to Georgia.
Just the way it is.

Agreed. I went to Indy 2 years ago an 95% of them were complete a**holes.
I'm from Chicago and a Northwestern grad and believe me, Michigan, and especially Notre Dame, are the 2 most despised schools in the area although - for some reason - ND also has a strong following (love them or hate them). They always throw their "superiority" in your face

Not a big fan of OSU either but at least their fanbase - for the most part - act like they've been there before. I always pull for OSU (grudgingly) when they play Michigan or Notre Dame.

A perfect example of the Michigan fanbase base is that "dickhead Ted" that posts on this site. He fits right in with those a-holes

I guess I'd rather see Ohio State.

We have a 1% chance of winning but facing them means they beat Jimmy The Cheater.

I love Hawkeye football but not sure why anyone would travel to watch the B10 Championship game.

Regarding the original question, neither team is someone to look forward to facing.
It will be Michigan, who will eventually lose the Championship game to Georgia.
Just the way it is.
Possibly but both Alabama and OSU might have something to say about that. I truly believe both of those teams are playing with a chip on their shoulders - especially Alabama whom most CF fans have dismissed as now 2nd to Georgia. Never count out Saban

Reactions: preshlock
If Coop was healthy, I would badly want it to be OSU. I don’t think he (or ANYONE) can shut Maserati Marv down, but it would’ve been fun to see them battle.

In a world with no divisions, OSU and Mich would just turn around and play again in a week no matter who won this one Saturday.

The only good team we played this year knocked our socks off.

It’ll be no different in Indianapolis.
A) this will not be on someone else home field in a white out. B). That was a pretty decent game until the second half and the crazy turnovers, and the punt muff. Obviously if we make those kind of mistakes, we have no chance.

Reactions: pistachio1999
tosu.

I'm neutral on the bucks; loathe harbaugh. So I'd like to see them against tosu in the title game simply because that means michigan loses the matchup against tosu and is probably out of the playoffs.

Iowa has virtually no shot against either team. The tosu qb has looked shaky at times and he's the weak link among the outstanding skill position players that surround him. So, maybe the Iowa D gets a tiny benefit facing him as opposed to the steadier um qb and their grinding offense.

I think being the Champions of the West is going to be a mixed blessing.
Nonsense. We'll take the west trophy, and do the best we can. Shit MOST of these B1G champ games have been Blowouts anyway. If it happens again, nobodies going to be shocked. The Iowa vs MSU was probably the best title game so far. I'm glad we get another shot, and frankly we're playing with house money, and thats just how I'd approach it if I were Kirk.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT