ADVERTISEMENT

do Iowa fans have a preference for facing either tOSU or Michigan?,...

preshlock

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2006
Iowa won't be able to move the ball against either defense. But both tOSU & Michigan will be putting absolutely everything, physically & emotionally, into the Game. Having to go up against the Hawkeye defense will be a tough test regardless. Michigan is definitely the more ground & pound team while tOSU has much more explosive players.

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Iowa won't be able to move the ball against either defense. But both tOSU & Michigan will be putting absolutely everything, physically & emotionally, into the Game. Having to go up against the Hawkeye defense will be a tough test regardless. Michigan is definitely the more ground & pound team while tOSU has much more explosive players.
If I was going to the game I would rather see OSU. I would hope their fans would not be as obnoxious as Mecheatagain fans. I went to the 2021 ship and Mecheatagain fans just ruined the experience for me.

I prefer osu to beat Michigan cause they cheated. So I prefer the Hawkeyes play osu. Perhaps they can harass the qb enough to stay in the game for a while.
I honestly think that Iowa stands a better chance against Michigan as OSU has all of their offensive stars back now - something they were missing for the last 4 or 5 games. That RB Henderson is the best in the B1G - when he's healthy and that's been his issue. And their #2 receiver - Egbuka - is a nightmare when teams focus on Harrison. Their elite TE - Stover - is also back now and healthy. Their QB - McCord - is getting better and better every game.

But the strength of the team is that defense and it might be their best one going back to the Tressel days......probably 15 years or so. I don't believe I'm saying that as in the past the defense - by far - has been their weak link. The most points they've given up all year is 17 to Maryland and that last MD TD was in garbage time

Id say OSU. We played them pretty well defensively last year and their QB doesn't impress me. Allar at PSU did it but would McCord have the patience to nickel and dime us on a neutral field? Even with that said we lose to both.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmtdc
A win for Iowa over either team is unlikely. I would like to see OSU beat Michigan.

Id say OSU. We played them pretty well defensively last year and their QB doesn't impress me. Allar at PSU did it but would Klubnik have the patience to nickel and dime us on a neutral field? Even with that said we lose to both.

last year tOSU beat Iowa 54-10

I said defensively. They had a ton of short fields and a pick 6. We even got a defensive TD on them. I also said either way we lose to both of them.

obviously Iowa has a great defense & special teams but has a horrible offense. My prediction for tOSU against Iowa is the Buckeyes winning around 24-6.

obviously Iowa has a great defense & special teams but has a horrible offense. My prediction for tOSU against Iowa is the Buckeyes winning around 24-6.
I think most fans here want to see the Iowa programs of old that can at least hang around a Ped St, Ohio St and Mich and make it a game. With that said I think most here would be ok with that. Maybe more 24-10 or 24-13 type loss.

Reactions: preshlock and pmtdc
Lol. you think Michigan or any other team is worried about stealing Iowa’s signals?

KF basically runs the same five offensive plays every single game
A reminder that we made your golden boy QB look pedestrian last year.

Reactions: pistachio1999
The question is: How many touchdowns does Marvin Harrison Jr have against Lee / Harris / Shulte?
As mentioned, It's just not Harrison......that WR Egbuka - who's been out several games - is now back and he was projected to go in the 1st and early 2nd round NFL preseason draft projections. That team is a nightmare when at full strength - which is finally the case.

PLUS, Michigan has to cheat to win. Kind of strange that they were 16-9 before all of the sign stealing BS and 23-1 since. I guess cheating does pay at times

Last edited:
Reactions: preshlock
As mentioned, It's just not Harrison......that WR Egbuka - who's been out several games - is now back and he was projected to go in the 1st and early 2nd round NFL preseason draft projections. That team is a nightmare when at full strength - which is finally the case
The only good team we played this year knocked our socks off.

It’ll be no different in Indianapolis.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc

I think both tOSU and Mich have a better defense than PSU. But still I have a hard time believing Iowa is going to be on the wrong end of an almost 100-30 play count again.

If Iowa gets past Nebby and then does the miraculous by beating either OSU or Michigan...would this be the greatest season Iowa has had under KF? I'm inclined to say yes even with the atrocious offensive display.

God, that would be awesome. I can't see it happening but to even imagine a 12 win season with this offense is nuts. KF would have 3 B1G Championships and wouldn't he be only four games removed from tying 1st in B1G wins ever?

Having two coaches in the top 6 overall for B1G wins and the top overall isn't bad for little old Iowa huh? Both of ours are the most recent of the top 6 too I believe without checking.

A reminder that we made your golden boy QB look pedestrian last year.
And he looked quite that last week also! They keep trying to run about 70% of the time. Freak boy coach will be back against us though if its them. If I was Ferentz I would not even go out and talk to him pregame.

Yes, it seems impossible, and yeah, it probably almost is, but wouldn't it still be amazing? It would feel so good to beat either one of them trying to compete for a natty and ruining that! But yeah, it's uh, going to be beyond difficult.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
If Iowa gets past Nebby and then does the miraculous by beating either OSU or Michigan...would this be the greatest season Iowa has had under KF? I'm inclined to say yes even with the atrocious offensive display.

God, that would be awesome. I can't see it happening but to even imagine a 12 win season with this offense is nuts. KF would have 3 B1G Championships and wouldn't he be only four games removed from tying 1st in B1G wins ever?

Having two coaches in the top 6 overall for B1G wins and the top overall isn't bad for little old Iowa huh? Both of ours are the most recent of the top 6 too I believe without checking.
Yes. Outright Big Ten Championship. No dispute. Would be in a NY6 bowl also.

Would be an extremely interesting trophy presentation as to where Beth would be.

Yes. Outright Big Ten Championship. No dispute. Would be in a NY6 bowl also.

Would be an extremely interesting trophy presentation as to where Beth would be.
Yeah, I don't want to get ahead of myself and I know I shouldn't considering the circumstances but damn, it'd be nice to win one outright. I'll definitely cry like a baby if that happens.

Yeah, I don't want to get ahead of myself and I know I shouldn't considering the circumstances but damn, it'd be nice to win one outright. I'll definitely cry like a baby if that happens.
Kirk would be sobbing. They should just give him about 10 minutes before they shove a camera in his face. He would be up on someone's shoulders for sure.

Reactions: AEG82
Looking at the big picture and history, I’d have to go with Big Blue since traditionally they tend to play down to their competition…Also, I have witnessed the Buckeyes kick our butts too many times to count…🥲

I'd be right there with you. I'd be thinking of my Grandma who passed away almost two years ago, who was a die hard Hawkeye fan. I'd also be thinking of Kirk, Phil, all the players, and everything we as fans have had to go through. It would be so vindicating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT