ADVERTISEMENT

Do we want Nebraska or Wisconsin?

Even by standings standards, we already have a game up, and tiebreaker vs Wisconsin. + them winning furthers the quality win. And then there's your reason, of pure Nebraska hatred.

Nebraska win would help the Hawks more because I think Nebraska is incredibly pedestrian and will lose a couple more along the way. With that said, I think Wisky will stomp the crap out of them.

Nebraska win would help the Hawks more because I think Nebraska is incredibly pedestrian and will lose a couple more along the way. With that said, I think Wisky will stomp the crap out of them.
I do not follow this rationale. Why would we want Nebraska to win, who is 3-3. I'd rather have Wisconsin run the table from here on out-- makes our convincing win over them even better.

I do not follow this rationale. Why would we want Nebraska to win, who is 3-3. I'd rather have Wisconsin run the table from here on out-- makes our convincing win over them even better.

I'm looking at it purely from a perspective of winning the B1G west division. Wisky might not lose another game the rest of the season so I'd like to see them drop one. I don't see Nebraska winning out.

Wisconsin. Some Nebraska players are on the edge right now. I would rather play a beaten down Nebraska team at the end of the year rather then one on a roll with a chance at the West with a win against Iowa. Would rather see Wisconsin win out and be a top 25 team.

Nebraska. Wisconsin is unlikely to lose again this season because they get NW at home. Nebraska winning would all but knock them out. Nebraska likely will lose again some time before us.

Nebraska.
Wisconsin's remaining schedule much easier than UN's. A 2nd conference loss for UW would give us more separation at the top.

I'm not sure either of these teams will win today, which is saying a lot, since one of them has to.

Difficult to say. Typically you cheer for the home team, but Wisconsin has already lost a home game, so this road win would even that out.
Wisconsin seems to be the bigger threat to win the West, considering their schedule.
However, if Iowa ends up tied for 1st, it would be better to have a 3-way tie with Wisconsin.
Ultimately, I don't think this game will play into anything. Therefore, I'll cheer against Nebraska.

Because any day that Iowa wins and Nebraska loses is a good day.

The Husker program is on the brink, a loss here and they might not recover this season, or for a while. This game for them could be the turning point like "fake punt" was for us.

Because any day that Iowa wins and Nebraska loses is a good day.

The Husker program is on the brink, a loss here and they might not recover this season, or for a while. This game for them could be the turning point like "fake punt" was for us.
It's never really a bad decision to root against Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT