ADVERTISEMENT

Do you ever fly Basic Economy?

Everybody loves the idiots that book basic economy so their family can be split into individual seats, but then they approach you and say "hey can you go sit back there in the middle seat so my daughter and I can be together here?"

That's always a hard "no" from me. Takes a lot of gumption to ask to swap an aisle for a middle seat.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
No. I just got to 1 million miles on United, so I like my free Economy Plus seat selection;)

I do not fly enough to really understand the nuances of flying classes. My last two flights have been on Southwest from JAX to LAS. Seems to me that we all had the same type of seat.

I do not fly enough to really understand the nuances of flying classes. My last two flights have been on Southwest from JAX to LAS. Seems to me that we all had the same type of seat.

Southwest is different. All seats are same and first come, first choice. Only issue that differentiates is when you get to board the plane and choose your seat.

image.jpg
Everybody loves the idiots that book basic economy so their family can be split into individual seats, but then they approach you and say "hey can you go sit back there in the middle seat so my daughter and I can be together here?"

if I fly out of CR its basic economy, otherwise I am driving to moline since its considerably cheaper flying out of the quad cities. Most of the flights I take are an hour and a half long. Im crammed into the plane as it is, I don't need to choose what seat I am crammed into.

This.
Now between age and $$ i always go Delta One overseas.
Same... for our Croatia trip we're mixing it up and going to London on Virgin and, on the return, Air France on the A380. The latter just because my better half has never flown upstairs on a plane. I did once on a 747. The AF/A380 business class is apparently the worst of the major carriers. No lay flat seat. But, its the return flight during the day so thats not a big deal.

I can't afford business class and my work certainly isn't going to pay for it. On any flight of 5 hours or less, I'm generally ok in whatever seat they put me in. I almost immediately fall asleep as soon as they pressurize the air, so it's not that big of a deal for flights in the US.

But on International flights I do always opt for the economy comfort as the extra leg room is definitely important for those longer, especially overnight flights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT