ADVERTISEMENT

Do you own a firearm? Poll

Do you own a firearm?

• Total voters
we’ve kept firearms out of the house for 2 reasons. The kids, especially having a child with special needs. Second reason is me. I’ve fought depression for the last 20 years or so. I feared, as did my wife, that having a gun close by, especially if I was spiraling into suicidal thoughts, would not be wise.
Good choice sir and I respect the hell out of you for recognizing that. Frankly, I can't be around cocaine for the same reason. I've never had a problem with it but it took one try to realize I knew that was something I would like way to much.

- I have a 9MM secured in my night stand for home protection (just search HBOT for my story...not posting it a 15th time)
- 20-gauge shotgun & .30-30 rifle | Both given to me by my Papaw when I was a kid because he took me hunting every fall (both guns hold sentimental value)
- Another 12-guage shotgun & .30-30 rifle confiscated from my dad due to him being bi-polar and not needing access to firearms
- .45 S&W, and some other long guns that I confiscated from my FIL when he was diagnosed with dementia; therefore not needing access to firearms.

*All firearms are secured in safes.
**I don't own an AR-15 :cool:
***None of my firearms are extensions of my peen :cool: :cool:
Several examples of being a responsible gun owner.

Reactions: seminoleed
Crazy times.

That and I might be the only person in my neighborhood that doesn't own one. Peer pressure :)

true-correct.gif

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Have any details about what I'm guessing is an old springfeild?
It was actually manufactured by Smith Corona under license from Springfield. It has a walnut stock.

In late 1942, Smith-Corona Typewriter Company began production of the M1903A3 at its plant in Syracuse, New York. Smith-Corona parts are mostly identified by the absence of markings, except for occasions when time permitting during manufacture, on early to mid-production rifles, and also only on certain parts.

It looks like this.
Springfield-Armory-m-1903-Sporter-30-06-Spg_101213059_337_9B69B88D254A120B.jpg

Reactions: NDallasRuss
.22 revolver
.45 semi auto
9mm semi auto
12 gauge (short and long with a choke) pump
.308 bolt action
5.56mm semi auto rifle
7.62mm semi auto rifle

Reactions: Finance85
I've got a .22 pistol my dad gave me who knows how long ago, I've never shot it, cleaned it, or probably even taken it out of the box. Probably should give it back to him, like others have said I'd feel more comfortable with long guns with young kids in my house than a small pistol, it honestly kind of looks like a toy.

For the record I have no real fear of guns, don't mind shooting them, and go with my dad sometimes when he's in town and he wants to go. It's kind of like golf for me, a very expensive hobby that I get basically no joy out of but when your dad asks you to do something with him you do it.

@funksouljon

Thompson center New Englander. 50 cal. I really haven't looked at it in like 20 years.

20240716-095434.jpg

I remember I coated the damn thing in oil so there is zero rust on it.

I'm looking into it now and this is kind of fun. I bought it in the early-mid 90s. Used. It was as plain Jane of a Thompson center as you can get. I probably liked it because it's design is more of an old English sporting style rifle than that of a longer Hawken or Kentucky.

But... Thompson center had a fire and there is no way to track the serial numbers.. that's crazy.

Reactions: funksouljon
It was actually manufactured by Smith Corona under license from Springfield. It has a walnut stock.

In late 1942, Smith-Corona Typewriter Company began production of the M1903A3 at its plant in Syracuse, New York. Smith-Corona parts are mostly identified by the absence of markings, except for occasions when time permitting during manufacture, on early to mid-production rifles, and also only on certain parts.

It looks like this.
Springfield-Armory-m-1903-Sporter-30-06-Spg_101213059_337_9B69B88D254A120B.jpg
Yeah. I love the lore. Freaking IBM was a major manufacturer of m1 carbine.

Nice gun have you tried tracking it at all through stamps and numbers?

I've wanted a muzzleloader for a while, but putting a scope on one feels like cheating. Just feels wrong. CO has a designated muzzleloader season for elk

They make oldish traditional type muzzleloaders and then they make more current looking types.

This is pretty much what I have except my scope isn't as big:

BH_CVA%20PR3122SNSC.jpg

Off brand war manufacturers are one of the hottest areas of the collector market. The Singer Sewing Machines 1911 is considered one of the holy grails the model.
I think that kind of stuff is really cool. Even how one manufacturer might have done something JUST a little bit different.

8 handguns
4 rifles
4 shotguns

Half of those were inherited.

Times are changing. Im traveling this week and no gun no pic asked me to leave a SS 20 gauge, .38 revolver, and .22 revolver all loaded for her. She is alone and while a nongunner she has shot them and will sleep better with them in the bedroom.

I recently sold a Remmy 870 12 gauge to a friend whose son will begin pheasant/deer hunting this fall. A nice gun, he got a good deal but I was fine because he'll get to take the kid out.

I have a .22 long rifle, a 20g bird gun, and a single shot 20g that was gifted to me by my Dad when I started to hunt.

They make oldish traditional type muzzleloaders and then they make more current looking types.

This is pretty much what I have except my scope isn't as big:

BH_CVA%20PR3122SNSC.jpg

Yeah, if I were to go that route, I'd prefer to keep it old school and go iron sights.... But, "best of both worlds" (muzzleloader for early season and SCOPE for accuracy) has an appeal. End result, likely never do anything....

I recently sold a Remmy 870 12 gauge to a friend whose son will begin pheasant/deer hunting this fall. A nice gun, he got a good deal but I was fine because he'll get to take the kid out.

I have a .22 long rifle, a 20g bird gun, and a single shot 20g that was gifted to me by my Dad when I started to hunt.
My single shot is an 80s vintage HR Topper 20 ga.

Youth sized but 2 months ago I still hit 23/25 clay birds with it.

I own 2. A riffle and a shotgun.

Neither are used as home protection because I don't know where the ammo is. And they're at the top of the closet in one of the spare rooms.

My dog Brad and I are our home protection devices.

A bunch, but none anyone would want. Mostly really old .22s from the 40s and 50s. A few other items. No ridiculous ARs or AKs.

Most fun gun to shoot is also the cheapest. A little Heritage Rough Rider single action .22 (cowboy gun).

I think the bold part might have been phrased better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT