ADVERTISEMENT

Do you recognize these 51 items? If so, apparently you are old...

Brian_Fantana

HR All-American
Feb 9, 2006
When extremely bored, I am kind of a sucker for these types of articles. I am in my mid-40's and the only ones I don't think I have ever seen/experienced are #31 and #48

31.If you've ever almost cut your tongue while trying to enjoy some of this pudding...

A can of Hunt snack pack chocolate fudge pudding

48.If you know exactly what you'd get off this menu...

FW Woolworth's restaurant menu, including bacon and tomato, egg salad, and American cheese sandwiches and fountain features

Meh, I'm trending to being old, but a lot of that stuff isn't that old. A crock pot? Oster blenders? How is a hot dog in white bread old? That's just a trick for poors, and will never go out of style for guys like Northern.

Reactions: Moral
Meh, I'm trending to being old, but a lot of that stuff isn't that old. A crock pot? Oster blenders? How is a hot dog in white bread old? That's just a trick for poors, and will never go out of style for guys like Northern.

A handful of those were just things poors do.

I’m with ya, but a lot of the things I recognize made me feel old AF lol.

That article was missing a lot of items. You want to feel old? Try remembering what it was like as a teenager attempting to get out of a Walden Books with a Playboy, that featured naked women with a full bush.

That article was missing a lot of items. You want to feel old? Try remembering what it was like as a teenager attempting to get out of a Walden Books with a Playboy, that featured naked women with a full bush.
Those were on the rack behind the counter of the gas station when I was a kid.

Reactions: BelemNole
That’s a “dimmer switch”…..My first car had one of those and one on the other side above the accelerator…..THat was the “starter”……turned the key “on” and pushed down on the starter….and then used the hand choke (on the dash board) to guarantee a start!
Good times with hand choke in the winter.
Dads 48 chevy had the floor starter if I remember right.

A handful of those were just things poors do.
I'm old and grew up relatively poor - so I know what most all them are. Still, the Woolworth lunch one was before my time.

For the Wendy's one - I think I'd have preferred they reference the long-gone all you can eat pasta/taco bar. When I was in HS we used to kill that between summer 2-a-day practices.

Reactions: Moral
I'm old and grew up relatively poor - so I know what most all them are. Still, the Woolworth lunch one was before my time.

For the Wendy's one - I think I'd have preferred they reference the long-gone all you can eat pasta/taco bar. When I was in HS we used to kill that between summer 2-a-day practices.

I saw this on a documentary type thing recently. Must have been a hell of a time to be alive.

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Not old enough to remember all of the items but I do remember the majority.

Some put a smile on my face.

Childhood memories.

Good times with hand choke in the winter.
Dads 48 chevy had the floor starter if I remember right.
Vacuum powered wipers, too! Accelerate and the wipers would stall out until you took your foot off the accelerator! I also remember that the car heater would start throwing out warm air about the time I turned off the street and into my driveway. I believe it was a ‘52 Chevrolet…..4 door sedan. That sumbitch always started and never saw the cover or warmth of a garage…..The “hand choke” was the key, I believe…….just had to be careful not to pump the accelerator and “flood” it……..

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT