ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think America will decline like the Roman Empire did?

Ray Dalio’s new book sure layed out a great case that America is on the decline.

rough-estimates-of-relative-standing-of-great-empires-600-2020.png

Last edited:
#1 could also be be included in the problems if you include reliance on low-paid, unskilled labor which is showing itself currently with the labor shortage, the supply chain issues.
Inflation is nothing more than glorified slave labor. What's going on today is no different than the failures of greediness that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. The powers and elites who govern are stealing more and more of the peasants labor and time to simply barter for the things we need in life.

Is anyone in chains and shackles? Of course not - but look at the whole national labor force from a broad, eye-in-the-sky perspective - the government is stealing the most valuable thing we have in life - our time.

Since the US dollar is no longer backed by gold and silver, the only thing propping it up is the back of the working man.

Last edited:
Inflation is nothing more than glorified slave labor. What's going on today is no different than the failures of greediness that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. The powers and elites who govern are stealing more and more of the peasants labor and time to simply barter for the things we need in life.

Is anyone in chains and shackles? Of course not - but look at the whole national labor force from a broad, eye-in-the-sky perspective - the government is stealing the most valuable thing we have in life - our time.

Since the US dollar is no longer backed by gold and silver, the only thing propping it up is the back of the working man.
To your point:

Central banks accelerate shift from dollar to gold worldwide​

More resilient to upcoming rate hikes, holdings rose to a 31-year high in 2021

So California and Texas split off. Who goes with them?

Do state boarders matter any more?

I live in Nebraska/upper midwest, would this be comparable to Mongolia?

Rome at the end had constant warfare. po has extreme internal divisions which I think is the #1 threat.

Rome died from internal conflict which cause the end of the Paroahs. Like the demise of Nicholas Romanov Czarist Russia ended the Romanov dynasty, the last true royal dynasty. Governmental rule in both cases (Pharoah and Emperor/Czar) lasted thousands of years.

Rome died from internal conflict which cause the end of the Paroahs. Like the demise of Nicholas Romanov Czarist Russia ended the Romanov dynasty, the last true royal dynasty. Governmental rule in both cases (Pharoah and Emperor/Czar) lasted thousands of years.

I thought Rome declined because of constant warfare??

There's an interesting theory about lead poisoning from water pipes being one of the issues that led to the collapse by exacerbating existing societal issues. It's far from provable but it's a fascinating thought experiment, especially when you look at violent crime rates during the era of, and directly after, leaded fuel being used.

Reactions: HawkFan1298

The empire was defeated in combat as an end all. It had been carved and weakened before that by weak, incapable and nefarious leaders, and the inevitable process of aging and congruent modernization of the world.

Reactions: funksouljon
Is the American empire mentioned in the Bible prophecies?

Yes, this is the passage.

Robert 4:20
We’ve got laughs from coast to coast
To make you smile
A real life look at each of you
To capture all that style
You’re the red, white and blue
The funny things you do
America, America this is you
Stories from your friends next door
They never told
You might be a star tonight
So let that camera roll
Oh the funny things you do

To make you smile
The funny things you do
They never told
So let that camera roll
You ever suck some phallus for marijuana?

To make you smile
The funny things you do
They never told
So let that camera roll

This should be a movie. An epic.

Reactions: Moral
Most historians have the Roman Empire lasting
about 500 years. (27 B.C. to 476 A.D.)

Some of the factors which led to the Fall of the
Roman Empire:
1. Overreliance on slave labor
2. Inflation and military overspending
3. Government corruption & instability
4. Invasions by barbarian tribes

America has been in existence for about 250
years and we now have problems with #2 & #3
as listed above.
There's an argument that empires tend to last about 250 years. I think it is debatable whether the US was really an empire 250 years ago. Some would argue they didn't become an empire until the war with Spain, others would suggest when they took control of most of the current lower 48. Some would argue that the US wasn't a real force until World War II.
One thing to consider is that collapse of an empire doesn't necessarily mean complete collapse of the society. In fact it often doesn't.

There's an argument that empires tend to last about 250 years. I think it is debatable whether the US was really an empire 250 years ago. Some would argue they didn't become an empire until the war with Spain, others would suggest when they took control of most of the current lower 48. Some would argue that the US wasn't a real force until World War II.
One thing to consider is that collapse of an empire doesn't necessarily mean complete collapse of the society. In fact it often doesn't.

Our experiment was supposed to be better. We are discussing the possibility of the end of our government. This wouldn't have occurred 7 years ago. What's changed?

Rome at the end had constant warfare. America has extreme internal divisions which I think is the #1 threat.
We seem to have lost our patriotism. If we ever went to war, I question how many people would willingly fight for our country. Apparently America is just a racist and bigoted country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT