ADVERTISEMENT

Does any of the new additions make the playoff next year?

Does any of the new teams make the college football playoff next year?

• No

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Yes, 1 makes it

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes, 2 make it

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes, 3 make it

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

swagsurfer02

HB King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
With the new additions to the conference and expanding the playoff does any of the new teams make it?

All four make it. They are going to turn this conference upside down just like PSU and Nebraska did. Only OSU and Michigan have a chance against them. 🙄

Reactions: dadster
All four make it. They are going to turn this conference upside down just like PSU and Nebraska did. Only OSU and Michigan have a chance against them. 🙄

I think next year Oregon finishes in the top 4 of the conference. I’m guessing Washington and USC will finish in the top half of the conference too.

With the new additions to the conference and expanding the playoff does any of the new teams make it?
I'll defer until after all the portal stuff shakes out.
Right now:
- UCLA no
- USC coin toss depending on portal and do they ever figure out how to play defense
- Washington....do the get a QB in the portal that is not a step down from what they had?
- Oregon - yes. Money flowing through that joint will be unreal in my opinion.

I'll defer until after all the portal stuff shakes out.
Right now:
- UCLA no
- USC coin toss depending on portal and do they ever figure out how to play defense
- Washington....do the get a QB in the portal that is not a step down from what they had?
- Oregon - yes. Money flowing through that joint will be unreal in my opinion.

For some reason I feel like Washington landed a QB recently

Have to see their schedule, if they have to play ohio st, mich, penn State and Iowa. If One of them gets an easy schedule , maybe.

my answer is no.

I think next year Oregon finishes in the top 4 of the conference. I’m guessing Washington and USC will finish in the top half of the conference too.
That’s very possible. It’s also possible those teams will have a hard time adjusting to teams actually playing defense. Either way it will be entertaining. I’m excited for the new additions.

That’s very possible. It’s also possible those teams will have a hard time adjusting to teams actually playing defense. Either way it will be entertaining. I’m excited for the new additions.
things Have shifted a bit, big ten had the best defenses this year. I follow the sec pretty closely, have seen a,lot of games, outside the top 2-3 teams their defense was not good, big drop,off. Pac, big 12 forget it.
last year Illinois played miss State in the reliaquest bowl, miss state struggled with that defense

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

I think it will depend on their draw from year to year. USC and Oregon will be more talented than most schools they play in conference. If they get more Big Ten west schools I expect them to beat nearly all of them. I think their actual peers will be Mich, OSU, Penn St.

Also if you look at Nebraska, they seemed to do the best when they first entered the league. Then they fell off. I would argue getting rid of Pellini sent them into a downward spiral. They played tough nosed defense and won 9 games a year.

Oregon, maybe.
UW loses 51 5th and 6th year players off this year's team...no
USC..has to replace the best player in college BB...no.
UCLA..no.
Mich OSU Penn st. ....yes
Iowa..maybe.

As good as those teams are the adjustment to BIG football will wear on them during conference play. Every game is a physical slugfest in the trenches. Not sure they have faced the same competition.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez and dadster
I think at least 3 B1G teams make the CFP next season.

Of the "Big 6," Michigan and Washington have the toughest schedules, having to play 4 of the other Big 6, while all the others only play 3.

USC has the next toughest schedule, having only 4 home B1G games and no B1G opponents with fewer than 5 wins in 2023.

OSU, Oregon and Penn St are a tossup for the easiest schedule of the group - All have 5 home games.

I'd say Oregon's is next toughest, playing the 3 best teams from '23, plus at WI is no gimme.

Ohio St has two Big 6 road opponents, but also has all the bottom-feeders (IN, PUR, MSU) on their schedule, so essentially has 5 bye weeks.

I guess the "easiest" would be Penn St - their tough road game is at USC, who was by far the weakest of the Big 6 in '23.

UCLA will not have a CFP-quality team in '24, and their schedule is brutal.

So, to answer the original question, I'd say that Oregon has the best chance of making the CFP of the Pac-12 additions, and would likely be the only 1 (and they would have to earn it).

I think Ohio St and Penn St will also make it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT