ADVERTISEMENT

does anybody know why Fran got T'd up

Hawkeye2222

HB MVP
Dec 21, 2014
not a ref near him and could not understand the T,
question.r191677.gif

Sanzere made a horrible foul call on Gesell when the NW player obviously was leading with his off arm and then pushed off. Sometimes i wonder what game some of those moron zebras are watching. But i have seen other coaches do a lot more and not get T'd up.

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
Sanzere made a horrible foul call on Gesell when the NW player obviously was leading with his off arm and then pushed off. Sometimes i wonder what game some of those moron zebras are watching. But i have seen other coaches do a lot more and not get T'd up.
No kidding. It seems Frans gets a T easily while other coaches can go crazy (Groce) and not get one. I don't get it.

Yeah that was a horrible call. There was a poster on the game thread that said it looked like his young daughter.
laugh.r191677.gif
That was spot on. If you watch some 7 year olds play ball, that is exactly what they do. Stick the arm out and dribble around.

What was the deal with Fran getting all over GO after the failed alley oop? I can understand it is a turnover but dang. He came unglued it looked like in the timeout...

That whole sequence was ridiculous. A very bad call gets made. Fran starts yelling but wasn't really that bad. Ref double downs and calls a BS TF on Fran.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm guessing it was because he kicked the scorers table.

What an awful call

Originally posted by hawkcub:
That whole sequence was ridiculous. A very bad call gets made. Fran starts yelling but wasn't really that bad. Ref double downs and calls a BS TF on Fran.
Just getting practice in so they can be in full "screw Iowa" mode if Iowa plays MSU in the Big tourney.

Sanzere was on the opposite side of the floor as Fran. I really doubt he could have heard anything from that distance. Maybe he just didn't like Fran's facial expression.

It's unbelievable that he gets t'd for that when we've seen Crean, Izzo, and Groce this year.

I feel like Fran had had an awesome year of coaching and had really matured.

It all happened so fast. I take it a different official called Gesell (for getting in the way of an arm)? Then from descriptions on here, Sanziere called the T from across court!?!

If my imagination is correct...Sanitizer the Douche must have been trailing the play? Than what was he doing watching McCaffery?!?!

I hope there is a reply of this somewhere.

Sanzere has little man syndrome. Dude is freaking tiny and has to over compensate.

Him and TV Ted need to retire, and soon.

Both refs involved in that sequence should be fined, suspended, and at least placed on probation if not "fired." Those are two independent contractors who ought to find work somewhere else.

That was one of the most blatant offensive fouls in the open court that you will ever see, and yet the official calls the foul on Gesell!? That was nuts. And then, as others have rightly said, for Groce and Izzo and Bo and just about every other coach in the country to rag on the refs ad infinitum (look it up :) and NEVER get a T when Fran gets one after that call...that's just plain horse dung. Whoever is allegedly in charge of Big Ten officials should drop the hammer on the bozos involved in that. Instead, we all know it'll be BAU in the Big Ten. Thank Mr. Delany for another embarrassing performance by the zebras. I just can't get over how ludicrous those few seconds were. Totally inexcusable. You can't make the right calls there, you don't belong with 100 yards of a third-grade game. Horrible.

Rewatching the game right now, that is one of the most horseshit techs I have ever seen. Followed by Olah managing to travel 3 times in the same play with asshat Sanzere staring right at it, and the ref on the backside of the play eventually called it.

The guy is complete garbage as an official, absolute garbage.

Originally posted by DanL53:

It all happened so fast.  I take it a different official called Gesell (for getting in the way of an arm)?  Then from descriptions on here, Sanziere called the T from across court!?!

If my imagination is correct...Sanitizer the Douche must have been trailing the play?  Than what was he doing watching McCaffery?!?!

As I saw it the ref calling foul on MG was trailing official, near NW bench. The T was called by ref on other side of court so must have seen Fran do or say something.
TV didn't show any replays so no idea whT he did.

Originally posted by SLarew:

Originally posted by DanL53:

It all happened so fast. I take it a different official called Gesell (for getting in the way of an arm)? Then from descriptions on here, Sanziere called the T from across court!?!

If my imagination is correct...Sanitizer the Douche must have been trailing the play? Than what was he doing watching McCaffery?!?!

As I saw it the ref calling foul on MG was trailing official, near NW bench. The T was called by ref on other side of court so must have seen Fran do or say something.
TV didn't show any replays so no idea whT he did.

Thanks. Wow, some of the calls in many games, not just Iowa's.....and the huge difference game in and out between basketball and Basket BRAWL? Some of these officials have got to go!

I also think Pat Chambers should have his $10,000 given back!

Fran kicked the scorers table. Big Ten Network didn't catch that on camera.
Not sure it was worthy of a technical, but that was the reason.

Well, I'm sure there's some calamity that was prevented by Fran getting called for his first technical of the year.

Flipped over to the MSU-Ind. game and Izzo is out on the floor, foaming at the mouth, yelling at the refs and completely losing his mind and no response from the refs.

Originally posted by IaHawks03:
Fran kicks the scorer's table a LOT; this might not be good moving forward; is he gonna get T'd up each time he does this now?

If that's true then I agree with the T.

Fran kicks the scorer's table a LOT; this might not be good moving forward; is he gonna get T'd up each time he does this now?

funny I have watched the games and never seen him kick the table, I see him throw his or the nearest Water bottle down real Hard, but never seen him kick the table, and in this case he was away from the table and Kirk was coming out to get him when he was T'd up.

Look guys if you've been at the games an close the the Iowa bench it's no wondering how he got Td. I like Fran and think he's a good coach but his temper gets carried away and he has a foul mouth.

B1G has zero tolerance policy with Fran and furniture props. Kind of silly, but we won.

You guys worry way too much over referees. Fans like 559 who think all refs are in the "screw Iowa mode" are laughable. They would be saying exactly the same if they were Nebby, Wisky, PSU, MSU, etc fans. Hating refs and complaining how they miss calls all the time and mainly against your team, says a lot more about the complainer than the refs.
I was at the game. Yes, the original call was not an accurate call. But it was made and Fran got T'd for bad behavior. Simple. Move on. Fran did. The seniors did. The team did. Some fans did not.
Until you or I ref a Big Ten game and have a thousand possible calls to make all at lightning speed - and we never miss a single call, then we can bitch. Until then, enjoy the game and the season and that is easier to do if you stop letting the refs get to you.

Originally posted by 5StarHawk:
You guys worry way too much over referees. Fans like 559 who think all refs are in the "screw Iowa mode" are laughable. They would be saying exactly the same if they were Nebby, Wisky, PSU, MSU, etc fans. Hating refs and complaining how they miss calls all the time and mainly against your team, says a lot more about the complainer than the refs.
I was at the game. Yes, the original call was not an accurate call. But it was made and Fran got T'd for bad behavior. Simple. Move on. Fran did. The seniors did. The team did. Some fans did not.
Until you or I ref a Big Ten game and have a thousand possible calls to make all at lightning speed - and we never miss a single call, then we can bitch. Until then, enjoy the game and the season and that is easier to do if you stop letting the refs get to you.
Yeah, My bad, When I look back at it, I do think the Iowa/MSU game in the Big tourney was a well called game, I don't think officiating had any bearing on the outcome of that game, I also do think all coaches are treated the same by Big officials, No favoritism at all.
Btw, I appreciate your advice, But I already do enjoy watching the games.

Originally posted by Ronman:
Flipped over to the MSU-Ind. game and Izzo is out on the floor, foaming at the mouth, yelling at the refs and completely losing his mind and no response from the refs.
I saw the same thing. It is unfathomable what Izzo gets away with.

Originally posted by Scott559:

Originally posted by 5StarHawk:
Yeah, My bad, When I look back at it, I do think the Iowa/MSU game in the Big tourney was a well called game, I don't think officiating had any bearing on the outcome of that game, I also do think all coaches are treated the same by Big officials, No favoritism at all.
Btw, I appreciate your advice, But I already do enjoy watching the games.
I knew Pat Chambers was a Bolshevik. (Whatever that is) And I think we should all write a letter to Gary Barta requesting the Ted Valentine be allowed to call Iowa games again! Who's with me! Petition! Petition!

if every coach got T'd up for that there would be no coaches at the end of the game, try to learn how to lip read. Bo calls them all sorts of names, and I don't mean {meany} {bully} I am talking about MF and other more colorful type names,

sorry but what Fran does is baby stuff compared to the thing other coaches get away with,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT