ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone use a VPN and/or Password Vault?

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
The Search Engine thread got me thinking.

Anyone here use a VPN or other data-protective tools? I used to use BitDefender, but got tired of it always thinking my iObit Advanced System Care was a virus. Now I just use Microsoft's native antivirus, but have been meaning to step up my protection.

What are you guys using to protect your Penn State Professor-type web searches and pics of Trad's mom?

I use NordPass, and Lastpass for password managers. I use zero trust software for antivirus. I have used NordVPN in the past.

No. If someone wants to look at photos of bbq and trout they're free to hack me.

Cat Reaction GIF

It isn’t secure at all. It is essentially as secure as the old excel password spreadsheet, if not less secure. It wasn’t really made to be a password real password manager and I wish they would either just remove it, or actually encrypt it and require occasional 2FA to unlock it. As it is now a virus could snag every chrome password in around .003 seconds.

Which one is recommended? Don't really want another fee app.

Nordpass and Lastpass have free versions. Lastpass seems to be stepping things up since they had a breach recently. They both also have apps, a password manager program for computers, and plugins for browsers. I favor NordPass a bit more nowadays.

Reactions: ericram
Nordpass and Lastpass have free versions. Lastpass seems to be stepping things up since they had a breach recently. They both also have apps, a password manager program for computers, and plugins for browsers. I favor NordPass a bit more nowadays.
I'm test driving NordPass (finally). What a great program. Taking some time to sort out 600+ imported passwords, though. I notice it somehow replicated a lot during input. For example, I had 12 USAA username/passwords that were all the same.

If I stick to this one, do I just delete the entire Google Password Manager in Chrome?

Reactions: Moral
I'm test driving NordPass (finally). What a great program. Taking some time to sort out 600+ imported passwords, though. I notice it somehow replicated a lot during input. For example, I had 12 USAA username/passwords that were all the same.

If I stick to this one, do I just delete the entire Google Password Manager in Chrome?

Yes, I would. You can also export from Nordpass to a CSV if you decided you want to leave Nordpass so to go elsewhere, so not really much of a worry about redundancy either.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Yes, I would. You can also export from Nordpass to a CSV if you decided you want to leave Nordpass so to go elsewhere, so not really much of a worry about redundancy either.
I'm going to test it a few more days then probably pay for a subscription and then download the mobile app.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT