ADVERTISEMENT

Does denim not hold up as well as it used to? Is this because of climate change or greedy corporations or something?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
So, I'm currently wearing a relatively-new pair of Levis jeans. The pants just split in the back along one of the pockets.

WTF? I've had jeans in my lifetime that lasted for years and years. Back in the day, a pair of jeans was like an old friend, and when they finally failed, it was usually at the knee or something like that.

I might have have worn and washed this pair of jeans 20-something times at best.

I'm totally pissed off about this. And I'm not a fatty.

:mad:

I know... CSB.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
I found a pair of cut rate jeans from the 1970s (diamond w or something like that)

Their quality is far superior to today’s jeans. Other jeans have shown wear right away but these are still like new after wearing them occasionally for several years.

Multiply this by most everything made today and we the consumer are all OPs mom.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
So, I'm currently wearing a relatively-new pair of Levis jeans. The pants just split in the back along one of the pockets.

WTF? I've had jeans in my lifetime that lasted for years and years. Back in the day, a pair of jeans was like and old friend, and when they finally failed, it was usually at the knee or something like that.

I might have have worn and washed this pair of jeans 20-something times at best.

I'm totally pissed off about this. And I'm not a fatty.

:mad:

I know... CSB.

Levis?

thats the issue cheapo. You need to pay at least $300 for a decent pair of jeans nowadays

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Levis?

thats the issue cheapo. You need to pay at least $300 for a decent pair of jeans nowadays

I have worn Levis all my life. And not the stretchy trendy BS ones with the synthetic fibers.

Real jeans. 100 percent combed cotton denim. And still this happened.

I buy the knockoff cheapie jeans at Theissens for under $20/pair (True Blue is the brand name I think). They hold up great and when they fail after 5-7 years, it’s usually the knees that give out.

Reactions: Moral and GOHOX69
I have decent luck with American Eagle jeans. My last pair of Levis didn’t last too long, they seemed pretty thin. I have a pair of Denizen from Target that are immortal, any recent Denizen I have purchased are not.

no-one-cares-spotlight.gif

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT