ADVERTISEMENT

Does Fran start Josh and Gabe Saturday?

Start Gabe and we win by 20...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

even if Fran asked Gabe or Josh if they wanted to start...I think both would say no.

The senior celebration takes place before the game not at opening tip.

The concern you have is getting off to a not so good start...if anyone thinks Collins & NW is going to just lay down...think again.

You don't change anything that has produced 5 straight wins...and a possible better seeding in the BTT & NCAA tournament..

Originally posted by hawkguy77:

Originally posted by The Sleeping Dog:
Agree that these guys are mature. Olaseni and Oglesby have played the exact same roles their entire careers-go out the same way.

Olaseni is one of the most important non-starters to ever play at Iowa. On par with Doug Thomas and Doug Moe.
I remember Jeff Moe, but I don't remember Doug. When did Doug play?
C'mon man. Surely you remember some of those great Pamala-ray Palmer teams!
Edit: I must be misremembering where Moe came from...guess he was from Indiana. joke fail
This post was edited on 3/5 1:29 PM by OC_Hawk

Agree that these guys are mature. Olaseni and Oglesby have played the exact same roles their entire careers-go out the same way.

Olaseni is one of the most important non-starters to ever play at Iowa. On par with Doug Thomas and Doug Moe.
I think Doug was our last Big 10 6th Man of the Year. He was a juco transfer (Burlington) in Horner's class.

Doug played forward and could jump out of the gym. I think we had him jump center a few times because he could out jump the other centers.

Google Thunder Doug Thomas .......... enjoy

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
The starting lineup will not be changed. Seriously folks?
He would be one of the few coaches in the country that does not start his seniors on seniors day, then.

Heck OK State was starting guys last night that had like 15 minutes of playing time all year.

Fran will start his seniors, because they were a big part of resurrecting Iowa's program. Gabe lost his father this year, Josh has been a whipping boy for Iowa fans.

I would be really surprised if he does not start them.

This post was edited on 3/5 2:29 PM by Fsanford

Doug Moe used to coach the Denver Nuggets.

Don't change anything. The season isn't over and this isn't the last game for the seniors. They will all get their well deserved recognition, mid-court, on Saturday. Let's not get all sappy and sentimental, let's just win the game doing what we've been doing and try to get as far into the NCAA Tournament as we can. That would be the best tribute to the seniors. I think they'd all agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Woody started every game since he's been here? If he has, I seriously doubt he doesn't start tomorrow. I'd be more inclined to think if the seniors were going to start that we'd go big with both GO starting at the 4, AW shifting down to the 3 and JO at the 2.

Originally posted by HawkeyeGold:
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Woody started every game since he's been here?  If he has, I seriously doubt he doesn't start tomorrow.  I'd be more inclined to think if the seniors were going to start that we'd go big with both GO starting at the 4, AW shifting down to the 3 and JO at the 2.

Correct.

It was nice to see Josh and Gabe get the start today.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT