ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iose Epensa start as a true freshman?

JerseyCityHawki

HB Heisman
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
He’s got a serious offer list- very impressive I hope he can start not playing him sparingly like they did with AJ his first year… I am shocked OSU didn’t offer him a scholarship to be honest. We definitely need to hit the portal hard as hell or recruit better but I understand with the NIL garbage it’s hard to do but for next year I am hoping the staff can get immediate help… and if KJ2 keeps on playing the way he has been they’re going to need to recruit another RB as if he has 1500 yards or more he’s gone this year and off to the NFL…

He’s got a serious offer list- very impressive I hope he can start not playing him sparingly like they did with AJ his first year… I am shocked OSU didn’t offer him a scholarship to be honest. We definitely need to hit the portal hard as hell or recruit better but I understand with the NIL garbage it’s hard to do but for next year I am hoping the staff can get immediate help… and if KJ2 keeps on playing the way he has been they’re going to need to recruit another RB as if he has 1500 yards or more he’s gone this year and off to the NFL…
We aren't REALLY going to go there again with AJ are we? Literally EVERYONE involved from the coaches to Eppy to AJ himself has said clearly that AJ was used exactly as he should have been. He had a great deal to learn about his assignments, especially against the run and even rush techniques as a pass defender as part of a UNIT. Phils defense works because each player takes care of HIS assignment. Having someone out there who makes an occasional play, but is often out of position does not benefit the defense. He also had very sold veteran players ahead of him, as it appears that lose will in Allen and Max L, and some good looking prospects. Will he play some? Probably, but maybe not more then 4 games. Too often we get wrapped up in these rankings, and forget their playing against high school players, nost of whom will not be D1 players. I think he'll be a very good player, and fits the way Bell like to use his DL up and down the line. I just don't see him playing much year one. If he does, we probably aren't very good up front.

Reactions: Frosty7130
The DE spot is one of the bright spots on the D next year. Llewellyn (so many L's in that name), and Brian Allen will be special next year. The DL as a whole will be down depth, but should be decent. I bet Eppy sees the field though.

I don't think his brother AJ ever started did he? I don't think you really need to start to make an impact. Especially as a Freshman.

It has to be an improvement compared to this year, our DEs have done almost nothing.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
This is what you were thinking about at 2:19 AM?

Reactions: nu2u
We aren't REALLY going to go there again with AJ are we? Literally EVERYONE involved from the coaches to Eppy to AJ himself has said clearly that AJ was used exactly as he should have been. He had a great deal to learn about his assignments, especially against the run and even rush techniques as a pass defender as part of a UNIT. Phils defense works because each player takes care of HIS assignment. Having someone out there who makes an occasional play, but is often out of position does not benefit the defense. He also had very sold veteran players ahead of him, as it appears that lose will in Allen and Max L, and some good looking prospects. Will he play some? Probably, but maybe not more then 4 games. Too often we get wrapped up in these rankings, and forget their playing against high school players, nost of whom will not be D1 players. I think he'll be a very good player, and fits the way Bell like to use his DL up and down the line. I just don't see him playing much year one. If he does, we probably aren't very good up front.
Hey, I agree with many things you stated and it’s very in-depth … you know your Hawkeye football and I am impressed… I just don’t agree with everything you said is all but hey… you’re probably right. I hope Lose is half as good as AJ was …

@JerseyCityHawki bro edit the first name spelling in the thread topic

AJ may not have started but played significant minutes as a true freshman and provided the best defensive highlights of that season.
suspect same will be the case with Iose

Hey, I agree with many things you stated and it’s very in-depth … you know your Hawkeye football and I am impressed… I just don’t agree with everything you said is all but hey… you’re probably right. I hope Lose is half as good as AJ was …
I do think he'll be a very good player, maybe even better then AJ. Still lineman come in to college and compete hand to hand in the trenches with men. Add to that Iowa is a VERY assignment based "developmental" program. It takes some time to gain the trust of coaches. lose and his family understand that better then anyone. As Kirk's always said the farther away from the ball (when its snapped) the better chance of playing early, (so the skill guys).

Yeah, excuse me dipshit… I work 3rd shift… and you were thinking about what at that time? Wishing you had a women? Stupid comments get stupid comments back - take a hike
Maybe if he had a woman he could use her image as his profile pic on an online sports forum like a very cool and normal guy.

Reactions: Bullethawk31
He'll absolutely see the field next year. We have a ton of attrition coming to the defensive side of the ball, so we'll need him.

He will play as a freshman, but we do have Brian Allen and Max Lewellyn next year . They are both playing quite a bit this year and are good prospects. Plus we have 4 freshmen defensive linemen who are all excellent prospects and 2-3 of them will probably be defensive ends. The future looks bright for our D-line.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I think he’ll develop into a great player. Only thing I question is whether he’s as physically developed as AJ was at that age, he’s not far off, but I don’t think he’s quite there.

He'll absolutely see the field next year. We have a ton of attrition coming to the defensive side of the ball, so we'll need him.
Everywhere BUT DE...We recruited the hell out of the DE position that last 2 to 3 years, and some really nice looking young talent that hasn't seen the field yet. It will depend who (including lose) can slide inside at DT at least sometimes. But yes, I do think he'll play some. Whether its more then 4 games will depend on about 5 ot 6 other players and just how ready he is. Bell will figure it out.....

Everywhere BUT DE...We recruited the hell out of the DE position that last 2 to 3 years, and some really nice looking young talent that hasn't seen the field yet. It will depend who (including lose) can slide inside at DT at least sometimes. But yes, I do think he'll play some. Whether its more then 4 games will depend on about 5 ot 6 other players and just how ready he is. Bell will figure it out.....
Joseph Anderson is going to be special.

The DE spot is one of the bright spots on the D next year. Llewellyn (so many L's in that name), and Brian Allen will be special next year. The DL as a whole will be down depth, but should be decent. I bet Eppy sees the field though.
We have missed that pass rush for a couple years now. We have fine ends, but we do not have that guy that when Phil says it;s time, he gets there all day everyday no matter who he is going up against. Playing DE is not all about the rush, there is a lot that goes into the position, but when you get your call to tackle the QB, you have to get there, no matter what and we just have not had that guy for awhile. SO I hope you are right and that improves.

Yeah, excuse me dipshit… I work 3rd shift… and you were thinking about what at that time? Wishing you had a women? Stupid comments get stupid comments back - take a hike
Yeah, man, that kind of sheet is weak sauce. I’m up any given day between 2-4 AM to get my day started. Weird. Like I give two f’s what people’s daily schedule looks like.

It’s almost as if some folks want it to be the days of lore, and this “bulletin board” will be open from 9 AM-5 PM, M-F. 8 AM-12 PM on S. Closed on U.

🙄

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT