ADVERTISEMENT

Does your dog sleep in your bedroom?

no. Nola the dog sleeps down stairs on her mat. Larry the dog slept on the coach when he was alive.

50 pound dog. He sleeps on his bed/pad in the corner of the bedroom. He’s not allowed on the bed, ever.

90% of the time he’ll sleep in our room, 10% of the time he’ll sleep somewhere else like the couch or his other dog bed or something.

Same type of bed each time or different styles?

I'm wondering to myself what the catholic style is for pets ;)

We have two cats and a dog. Dog sleeps with wifey wherever she sleeps (usually not with me) due to snoring and talking in my sleep.

Cats dont GAF. As cats go, they do whatever they want.

Reactions: BrianNole777
No, they are smarter than to put themselves in harms way. My psychotic no-pic wife sleeps like she is going on a Rockettes tryout after she wakes up. The dogs sleep either in their room or on the dog beds in our room.

My two dogs don't, but trying to convince wife (no pics) to. They currently sleep in crates in basement. They wouldn't be in bed as they are 100 and 60 lbs. I would just find it relaxing. In my single days 2 decades ago I had a lab and she slept in my bed. It changed when Mrs. moved in.
If your wife makes your dogs sleep in crates in the basement you shouldn’t have married her.

To each their own, but I don't know how you all handle pets in the bed at night. That would drive me insane.
I used to think the same thing until we got a Maltese puppy a year ago (our first dog after 38 years of marriage). We have a crate in our bedroom that she starts out in but she usually winds up in our bed during the night. Most of the time, I don't even notice she is in the bed with us (she weighs 11 lbs).

The smaller young one (terrier mutt of some variety I think) sleeps in a crate in our room. Because otherwise he must snuggle up under the covers, nuzzled in. But then he moves a bunch. I need space so he doesn't get to sleep in bed. The 65lb lab mutt has a crate in our room. But we let him have free roam. He splits time between the crate, the rug at the floor of the bed, and in the bed. He's mostly fine if he stays at the end of the bed between us. But if he stretches out and refuses to move, I kick him out.

The Yorkie mix sleeps in bed with us. He’s attached to my hip and will freak out if he can’t be next to me. The bigger dog rotates between her bed in our room, the bed in the guest room where she watches out the window, and under our bed. After my husband leaves for work she will jump into his spot in the bed.

Reactions: littlez
Sleeps next to my side of the bed on the floor on her dog bed. Has since the first night we brought her home at 12 weeks old and the routine hasn't changed over the last 13 years.

When I travel or we go somewhere that we can't take her, it feels odd when she's not sleeping next to me on the floor.

She's a 40 lb Vizsla so I know her time is rapidly approaching and I dread even the thought of when that day comes....

30 pound dog. She’s 7 months old but is already in heat. Makes a mess on the bedspread.

I have to wait another month before I can get her fixed.

Our dogs (one at a time over the years) have been able to roam everywhere in the house except the bedrooms. But around July 4th I have sometimes let them sleep in the bedroom while running a fan loud to drown out the noise.

Question for the “yes” posters:

Do you cherish your relationship with your significant other, at all? This places just blows my mind sometimes.
Been married for 30 years. 3 kids, now grown, always had a dog that we’ve allowed on the bed. And yes, I still cherish my relationship with my wife.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Got a 65 pound Aussie mix from a shelter. 9 months old. Great loyal dog, very smart. However he hated not being in the same room at night. After not allowing him to sleep in bed after the first couple nights we finally caved, that’s what really let him “into the family.” Think the crate sleeping probably brought too many bad memories in his head. Incredible dog, but a big baby about the bed now. Sadly it made the other dick beagle join in the bed sleeping…Wonderful not having space, wouldn’t change it however.

Last edited:
no. Nola the dog sleeps down stairs on her mat. Larry the dog slept on the coach when he was alive.
What coach did Larry sleep on? Was it Hayden?

My German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd sleep in the living room on their dog beds.

CSB alert: Max, the German Shepherd, interrupted a guy trying to break in through our kitchen window. The commotion woke me, I went to check it out and made eye contact with the guy. He was halfway in our house. EVERY hair on the back of my neck stood up. He went back out the window and I just opened the door and turned Max loose. Max chased him into a fenced in corner of our yard. Cops showed up 3 minutes later and took the guy into custody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT