ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes Illinois!

Crazy parity in the Big. Not necessarily in a good way. I would have put our chances of winning at Illinois below 5% anyway, but I would guess this makes it even more improbable.

lol, we currently have the longest win streak in the Big -2 games.

I would have put our chances of winning at Illinois below 5% anyway, but I would guess this makes it even more improbable.

fa53ef88-b8fe-4e81-ad08-98a8a6ed8170_text.gif

I turned it off with about a 3 minutes to go. Thought it looked like an IL win

What venue were they playing in and why?

Fran said on his talk show that foul on 3 point shot was not a lot of contact and should have not been called on ilini

Crazy parity in the Big. Not necessarily in a good way. I would have put our chances of winning at Illinois below 5% anyway, but I would guess this makes it even more improbable.

lol, we currently have the longest win streak in the Big -2 games.

Grabbing your point and running with it, I would’ve gave us a little better odds than that just simply because we are playing a lot better and have some confidence but I still would’ve put us at 15 to 20% tops and now I give us almost no chance…

Of course I called Us losing Michigan state by 20 so there’s that…🤷‍♂️

Hey how about that @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset is that negative….😀 or is that more of my pragmatism

I have watched Illinois a few times this year and have a hard time seeing why they're any different than a Michigan State.

They're just as beatable imo.
Shannon is on a tear averaging around 30 pts/game last 6..msu has no one as good. Domask is a very solid #2. Goode is a sniper and Hawkins is athletic and can shoot from the arc.
Clearly #2 team in BIG, imo.

With 37 seconds to go in the game, Illinois led 89-82.

In the final 37 seconds:

* A Terrance Shannon turnover led to a PSU layup.

* Coleman Hawkins missed the front end of a 1 and 1 (potential of 2 pts lost had he made both FTs).

Hawkins got the offensive rebound and was fouled.

* Coleman Hawkins AGAIN missed the front end of a 1 and 1 (potential of 2 pts lost had he made both FTs)

* Coleman Hawkins fouled the PSU 3 pt shooter (PSU made all 3 FTs to win the game 90-89)

Not good for Iowa.
Why? Illinois would have taken Iowa lightly but now they won’t? Illinois will simply try harder against their next opponent and unfortunately it just happens it will be Iowa? Penn State will be a more confident team and Iowa happens to play them in the next week? How did that work out for Iowa after they came back and beat Minnesota at home and then went on the road and lost to Maryland? Conversely, why won’t Illinois’s confidence be shaken and make them more susceptible to losing?

Not good. They'll be chomping at the bit for the Hawks. Really need to steal on in Champagne.

In the final 37 seconds:

* Coleman Hawkins missed the front end of a 1 and 1 (potential of 2 pts lost had he made both FTs).

* Coleman Hawkins AGAIN missed the front end of a 1 and 1 (potential of 2 pts lost had he made both FTs)

* Coleman Hawkins fouled the PSU 3 pt shooter (PSU made all 3 FTs to win the game 90-89)

Coleman Hawkins has never been the smartest player

In the final 37 seconds:

ESPN sucks.

Illinois actually had a drive to the hoop and a short 5 ft attempt that rimmed out as the clock expired.

• Wow
Reactions: Franisdaman

In the final 37 seconds:

Hawkins was terrible all night and ended on the same note. Not good for Iowa IMO.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I have watched Illinois a few times this year and have a hard time seeing why they're any different than a Michigan State.

They're just as beatable imo.

Agreed...Iowa can beat them.

Jut need our 3 primary guys to show up and maybe one more to over-produce

Getting equitable calls on both ends (probably slim to none in that environment) and winning the rebounding battle would also probably be necessary.

Why?

F-ck Wisconsin that's why!!!

Reactions: redbirdhawk

In the final 37 seconds:

So, you're saying Coleman Hawkins wasn't a star in the final 37 sec.:)

Illannoy thought they had won, and Shannon went into his "all about me offense" to set a personal scoring record. Meanwhile, PSU never gave up...

Reactions: Franisdaman
Down Goes Frazier! Down Goes Frazier!….oh wait, I think he finally had recently graduated after 9 years in the league….😉

• Haha
Reactions: HawkBall23
Illinois net only dropped 4. Hopefully this extra game film will help us fight through a win.

The announcer said last night that Shannon was the most physical player in the conference and takes what he wants.

A little paraphrasing but it sounded like something he had prepared if the situation presented itself 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT