Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Never stayed in one as I have crippling traveling anxiety

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

hexumhawk

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
I've seen this brought up a few times on HROT so we are going to settle this in the most distinguished way...an HROT Poll.

Lets recap:

Drurry Inns usually hit the mark around $130-$170 a night depending on where you stay. You get free parking, internet, always an indoor/outdoor combo pool with a hot tub. So pretty similar to most places.
Now, where they separate themselves from others in some people's minds: Fridge and microwave in every room, free breakfast, free popcorn and soda/coffee all day, and the infamous 5:30-7:30 KICKBACK session. Free food (snacks for some, dinner for others) and 3 free drinks every night.

I’ve been in a couple and I enjoy them. Better than some, not as fancy as others. It serves its purpose well and the kickback session is a nice addition.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I became a member of Marriott BONVoY after making numerous trips to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN to see my step mother. I have stayed at Springhill Suites by Marriott five times during two months. It's very solid. My rate for this weekend is about $115/night and includes two double beds, along with a separate lounge with a couch and another TV. It also has a refrigerator, microwave, coffee stuff and a kitchen sized sink. It's a perfect setup as my sister (no pic) and daughter will also be there. The indoor pool is great for kids.

Their free breakfast is also legit, good hot foods including scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and homemade waffles. You can also get cereal, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, toast, etc. along with an assortment of drinks. There is free coffee and water all day.

Never tried one.

On a recent weekend getaway we stayed in a Mainstay Suites for $60 per night (about $65 after taxes and fees)

Was like staying in small 2 bedroom apartment. Had a small but full sized fridge, Microwave, kitchen sink, dishwasher, oven/stove, dinner table. 2 bedrooms with full sized beds plus a couch pullout bed. Each bedroom and the living area had a TV (3 TV's total) Good shower too.

Highly recommend that if you can find one. Would take that any day over a Hampton Inn which often costs twice as much.

Last edited:
GF used to have a friend that worked for Marriott so we always stayed there for like $70 a night. Didn't matter what city we were in. That friend is no longer employed with Marriot so we'll need to find a decent place. I like Embassy, not sure I've ever stayed at a Drury.

I became a member of Marriott BONVoY after making numerous trips to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN to see my step mother. I have stayed at Springhill Suites by Marriott five times during two months. It's very solid. My rate for this weekend is about $115/night and includes two double beds, along with a separate lounge with a couch and another TV. It also has a refrigerator, microwave, coffee stuff and a kitchen sized sink. It's a perfect setup as my sister (no pic) and daughter will also be there. The indoor pool is great for kids.

Their free breakfast is also legit, good hot foods including scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and homemade waffles. You can also get cereal, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, toast, etc. along with an assortment of drinks. There is free coffee and water all day.
Thought this was about Drury Inns?

Reactions: hexumhawk
Drury just opened in downtown Milwaukee. I wasnt expecting anything and it was actually really nice

Horrible name, makes them seem like cold, bleak, depressing places to stay. Change the name.
OP added a second R on the back end. Curl that R with some Latin flair. Changes the entire feel. OP should charge big $$ for changing their brand so brilliantly, and the subsequent campaigns almost write themselves.

There are other individual Hilton and Marriott properties that do the “manager’s reception” thing… But if Drury does this chain-wide, that could be a dealbreaker.

Took the kids for a weekend in Kansas City a few years ago. Stayed right across the road from Kauffman Stadium. Met all our needs. Nice to have a couple of free drinks before paying 8 dollars per beer at the Royals game. Would stay there again.

I work in hospitality and only know bad things about this place.

I heard either the dad or one of his kids of the family namesake is a massive druggie.

Our business is headquarted in STL (I stay at the Drury down by Union Station quite often) and our owner says he knows the family pretty well and states this is definitely true.

Last edited:
I heard either the dad or one of his kids of the family namesake is a massive druggie.

Our business is headquarted in STL (I stay at the Drury down by Union Station quite often) and our owner says he know the family pretty well and states this is definitely true.
Then why do you stay there?

Our business is headquarted in STL (I stay at the Drury down by Union Station quite often) and our owner says he knows the family pretty well and states this is definitely true.
Is that why they put so many snacks out?

Please expound?
Basically stuff that's already been said. Anywhere I see them are less than great places. I've heard stories about their customer service that is lacking. Just stuff that irks me. I've done everything from call centers to front desk to sales to management at hotels and I get a certain kind of cranky when I hear people having bad experiences at places.

We stayed at one last week. Was good. The housekeeper barely stole anything.
At Pop Century at Disney World someone was complaining about an expensive brooch they lost. Happens everywhere, especially as there's no way to prove it unless a housekeeper takes it out into the hallways where there's cameras.

Drury Inn at $170/night?! That’s a new one to me
Depends on location. The hotels in my area average $150 per night because we're smackdab between Las Vegas and LA, and the 40 ends and becomes the 15 right here.

EDIT: And the best hotel you're going to get in the area is a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn.

Embassy suites, little more expensive but it is amazing!!

Free freshly made omletes every morning

I spent a couple weeks at a Drury Inn & Suites in KY a few years ago. It was one of the most pleasant long hotel stays I’ve had on my job. Very plush hotel. The bed was honestly better than my own, and that’s saying something. There was free dinner every night too. As well as two free alcoholic beverages.

Basically stuff that's already been said. Anywhere I see them are less than great places. I've heard stories about their customer service that is lacking. Just stuff that irks me. I've done everything from call centers to front desk to sales to management at hotels and I get a certain kind of cranky when I hear people having bad experiences at places.
Have you ever watched "Hotel Impossible" with that little bald guy? It makes me never want to stay in an independant hotel.

Reactions: Cougar63
I spent a couple weeks at a Drury Inn & Suites in KY a few years ago. It was one of the most pleasant long hotel stays I’ve had on my job. Very plush hotel. The bed was honestly better than my own, and that’s saying something. There was free dinner every night too. As well as two free alcoholic beverages.
Same for wife(no pic) & I at one in New Orleans downtown.
Very clean & hospitable. within 2 blocks from the dome.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Sounds like most any other mid-priced hotel chain.

Reactions: Cougar63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT