Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Only for Poors

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Never stayed in one as I have crippling traveling anxiety

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Fits you're MO.

4650-18510.gif

My family has stayed at several Drury hotels and it’s been a good experience each time...no complaints.

Horrible name, makes them seem like a cold, bleak, depressing place to stay. Change the name.
You know, this is our take as well. OPs spelling makes it seem even more dreary for some reason. We've never been tempted to stay in one.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I've seen this brought up a few times on HROT so we are going to settle this in the most distinguished way...an HROT Poll.

Lets recap:

Drurry Inns usually hit the mark around $130-$170 a night depending on where you stay. You get free parking, internet, always an indoor/outdoor combo pool with a hot tub. So pretty similar to most places.
Now, where they separate themselves from others in some people's minds: Fridge and microwave in every room, free breakfast, free popcorn and soda/coffee all day, and the infamous 5:30-7:30 KICKBACK session. Free food (snacks for some, dinner for others) and 3 free drinks every night.
Sounds like a good place to stay if the kids have a tournament out of town but not for work. If staying at a hotel for work on someone else's dime I like places like Courtyard by Marriott with legit food that you can order, rather than the crappy food you get "complimentary" at other places.

Have you ever watched "Hotel Impossible" with that little bald guy? It makes me never want to stay in an independant hotel.
I watched Hotel Hell with Gordon Ramsey a few times and cringed a lot, had to stop watching. Poor customer service and poorly run hotels make me want to hide in a vat of toxic sludge.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Sounds like a good place to stay if the kids have a tournament out of town but not for work. If staying at a hotel for work on someone else's dime I like places like Courtyard by Marriott with legit food that you can order, rather than the crappy food you get "complimentary" at other places.

That would be true if Courtyard's food was "legit"... but it's not.

That would be true if Courtyard's food was "legit"... but it's not.
What the hell more do you want from a breakfast sandwich?
cy_bistro2_phototour01.jpg

The burger basket and fries is just fine. It is not fine dining but it get the job done satisfactorily unless you are entertaining clients. At least at the one by the Omaha old market.

thebistroburger_v1.jpg

Reactions: Hendy hawk
What the hell more do you want from a breakfast sandwich?
cy_bistro2_phototour01.jpg

The burger basket and fries is just fine. It is not fine dining but it get the job done satisfactorily unless you are entertaining clients. At least at the one by the Omaha old market.

thebistroburger_v1.jpg

That sandwich is an unholy mess. The eggs cooked to order with hashbrowns is better.

I will admit that the fries are pretty damn good. The burger is just okay.

But when comparing mid-level properties with a full-service bar and restaurant, place like the Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree and Four Points properties have better food, and the offerings vary by location.

Courtyard has the same thing everywhere, so it feels more like fast food.

Reactions: 2bagger22
That sandwich is an unholy mess. The eggs cooked to order with hashbrowns is better.

I will admit that the fries are pretty damn good. The burger is just okay.

But when comparing mid-level properties with a full-service bar and restaurant, place like the Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree and Four Points properties have better food, and the offerings vary by location.

Courtyard has the same thing everywhere, so it feels more like fast food.
That sandwich is delicious and between it and the fruit, will sustain you well into the day. The burger is good enough and the fries are delicious, and taste way better than they should. Thus, the food is "legit". I am not a work-traveling guru so maybe there are better options. The point was that I prefer those places to the feed troughs at other places where the best you can hope for is big heated bowl of reconstituted eggs, or if you're lucky, a gross version of biscuits and gravy.

That sandwich is delicious and between it and the fruit, will sustain you well into the day. The burger is good enough and the fries are delicious, and taste way better than they should. Thus, the food is "legit". I am not a work-traveling guru so maybe there are better options. The point was that I prefer those places to the feed troughs at other places where the best you can hope for is big heated bowl of reconstituted eggs, or if you're lucky, a gross version of biscuits and gravy.

Oh, it's definitely better than what you get at a Hampton Inn or a Fairfield Inn. But you have to pay for it. And no free coffee in the lobby either.

Now, as a Marriott Platinum member I get a $10 food and beverage credit at Courtyards. A breakfast and a coffee will still cause you to spend a few bucks after the credit.

But at a Hilton property, Diamond members get breakfast completely for free. And they do a nice job with the breakfasts in those places. Real, cooked-to-order eggs. Nice meats. Lots of other options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT