ADVERTISEMENT

Dumb things people spend money on

Children, who will grow up to take you for granted and when you start to actually need them, they stick you in assisted living.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I think it's the "little" things that sneak up on you:
Starbucks/Panera/Dunkin every morning.
Bottled waters

Very true on the 1st. GF gets a large coffee at DD most mornings. She has to spend a metric F ton there. I just turn on the Keurig.

Bottled water can be if you're buying them individually. You can score a 24 pack for 1.99 sometimes or a pack of 45 for 3.50 at Sam's Club.

Reactions: goldmom
Very true on the 1st. GF gets a large coffee at DD most mornings. She has to spend a metric F ton there. I just turn on the Keurig.

Bottled water can be if you're buying them individually. You can score a 24 pack for 1.99 sometimes or a pack of 45 for 3.50 at Sam's Club.
I might actually say k cups if you are doing them en masse. Cheaper to get a bag of ground coffee from Sam's or Costco.

Time Shares and anything over $30,000 for a wedding. Had a neighbor who spent $45,000 on his princess daughters wedding the marriage lasted about 9 months. She expects the same type of wedding for husband #2 next summer, I told daddy he is nuts if he spends a penny.
Couple Time Share post on this thread. If you buy one in Mexico or Hawaii I don’t think it’s a good investment because of the distance and going every year. I owned one for a three bedroom home on a resort in Okoboji. Have some of the best memories with my family that are priceless.

If you're smart and buy 3 weeks and sell 2, you're getting paid to vacation!

My parents have signed up for this since they retired. They max it out every year on vacations so they're getting their money's worth. My sister and I will have to decide what we'll do with it afterwards. Maybe we'll try and sell parts of it to our cousins/friends to keep it.

For Vegas alone, the resorts available are worth it. Way less hassle compared to any of the hotels.

I put 10% in 401k and 10% in the company stock option. The company matches in both. Therefore, it’s impossible for me to spend money on anything “dumb.” I could spend every penny I earn and I’ll still have a monthly pension check anyway. Railroad, baby.

See, this guy has it figured out.

And of course that's not what I meant at all, but yeah, pretty much this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT