ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports College Football 2025

They’ll have ultimate team in the game. Which unfortunately means they’ll dump all the resources into that mode and not add much to Dynasty etc to drive more numbers to ultimate team. Still excited for the game but that’s my biggest worry about it.
Much like MUT in Madden. They put tons of time into that and largely ignore franchise.

Reactions: Easthawk1062
I just read there are no coach likenesses this year, but they can opt-in in future years. Wonder how much coaches will get paid..im guessing much more than 600 bucks lol.
U guys think Ferentz will/would opt in?

Last edited:
Walmart had an incredible deal on Xbox series X for under $350 so I got one for this game.

EA will make sure the franchise mode is amazing for the first two years to draw people in. Then once the initial groundwork is done they will slowly stop updating things and go to the copy paste method they have been using with the Madden Franchise mode.

I’m still going to play the crap out of this game when it comes out and should be more fun than Madden.

I wonder if all of Iowa's roster will opt in and get their $600 and a free copy of the game? At this point, I don't really see any advantage to not opting in. Doesn't effect eligibility or other NIL deals.

I literally just got a PS5 and a new TV with 120 refresh rate because this game is coming out. I had been perseverating on it but just did it so now, I'm all in. Been almost 10 years since I've created an Iowa dynasty that trumps any before it and I plan on doing so again in a few months. Hint: If there is an AD type of role available in the game like that of a GM, KF won't last long lol, as in, Iowa will have a new coach within minutes of me taking over. Love the guy but he gots to go!

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Nooooooooo! That is what ruined fifa!
It'll be fine initially. As another poster stated above, they will start to ruin it a couple years after it has started. This is one of those few sports games where I really can't see Ultimate ever being as big as the other ones. The fanbase for this game is college fans and that's a unique sector of sportsdom. If people only wanted Ultimate, they'd be the type to get Madden anyway I'd imagine. Ruining dynasty has a far more negative impact on college games than it does on pro games. Even FIFA can't compare, which is my favorite game right next to this one.

College football games are always derived off of their dynasty modes and Road To Glory type of gameplay. Simply put, College fans are more niche in that if you care about college football, you're more likely to always participate in dynasty mode as a primary rather than Ultimate I'd imagine.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
It'll be fine initially. As another poster stated above, they will start to ruin it a couple years after it has started. This is one of those few sports games where I really can't see Ultimate ever being as big as the other ones. The fanbase for this game is college fans and that's a unique sector of sportsdom. If people only wanted Ultimate, they'd be the type to get Madden anyway I'd imagine. Ruining dynasty has a far more negative impact on college games than it does on pro games. Even FIFA can't compare, which is my favorite game right next to this one.

College football games are always derived off of their dynasty modes and Road To Glory type of gameplay. Simply put, College fans are more niche in that if you care about college football, you're more likely to always participate in dynasty mode as a primary rather than Ultimate I'd imagine.
All fair points. I play seasons on Fifa for the same reason I play dynasty mode. I want the actual team. If I built an ultimate team it would end up being the USMNT anyway. I hate going through all the bs with ultimate.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
All fair points. I play seasons on Fifa for the same reason I play dynasty mode. I want the actual team. If I built an ultimate team it would end up being the USMNT anyway. I hate going through all the bs with ultimate.
Me too 100%. Fifa never improves on player career which is my go to. I always get to a big premiere league team and all of a sudden, I'm the only player with a brain and the substitutions are ludicrous. I play with backups on Liverpool every game...like, what? Too scripted IMO and it diminishes the quality. It's a cash cow though and trumps what college football brings in so I think they'll keep CF more authentic and exclusive the the fans. I miss not having PES because that company at least tried to give a good gameplay experience. I hate EA honestly but it used to be the only real option for soccer and definitely college football. I've never experienced the same letdowns with any of the college football games that I get every year from Fifa. I've had every copy of college football they've made.

Also, I'm a big fan of USMNT as well. CP doing well, Balogun trending down which is surprising, I think Adams career might be over, and I've no idea what the hell happened to Reyna honestly. Berhalter is finally putting Brooks back on the squad for some reason for the upcoming matches. Can't stand that man. Even Musah has been ho-hum. I'm thinking Pepi will continue to be as important a backup striker that we've had unless Balogun can do what we need him to. I just don't know how he could be struggling so bad in the French league on a team like Monaco. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Me too 100%. Fifa never improves on player career which is my go to. I always get to a big premiere league team and all of a sudden, I'm the only player with a brain and the substitutions are ludicrous. I play with backups on Liverpool every game...like, what? Too scripted IMO and it diminishes the quality. It's a cash cow though and trumps what college football brings in so I think they'll keep CF more authentic and exclusive the the fans. I miss not having PES because that company at least tried to give a good gameplay experience. I hate EA honestly but it used to be the only real option for soccer and definitely college football. I've never experienced the same letdowns with any of the college football games that I get every year from Fifa. I've had every copy of college football they've made.

Also, I'm a big fan of USMNT as well. CP doing well, Balogun trending down which is surprising, I think Adams career might be over, and I've no idea what the hell happened to Reyna honestly. Berhalter is finally putting Brooks back on the squad for some reason for the upcoming matches. Can't stand that man. Even Musah has been ho-hum. I'm thinking Pepi will continue to be as important a backup striker that we've had unless Balogun can do what we need him to. I just don't know how he could be struggling so bad in the French league on a team like Monaco. Makes no sense to me.
I play as the US in FIFA because it's the only time I'll ever see them win the World Cup............ :)

Yes to almost all of that. The good news for all the US guys is that they are young. I feel like Reyna is overrated and has been getting terrible advice on what to do in his pro carreer. Balogun, I'm hoping, is just on a dry spell. Pepi scored for PSV over the weekend. Johnny Carsoso is scoring in the Spanish League with Betis. I'm terrified about Adams as well. I thought he was finally fit to train but haven't seen him on a lineup for Bournmouth yet. McKennie also just separated his shoulder after having 2 assists this weekend. Musah needs something different. Not to mention Brenden Aaronson has disappeared off the face of the earth and Josh Sargent is not talked about a ton. I saw he scored a week or so ago for Norwhich. Again, all these guys are young so no need to panic yet.

Brooks coming back in now is hilarious. We wasted all those years when he was playing fine in the back for the likes of Aaron Long. I have no problem with MLS guys being on the team, per se, because I love Miles Robinson and am okay with Walker Zimmermann but to not give Brooks a chance again is 1000000% on freaking Greg. If we do poorly in the Copa I swear to everything that if he is not let go I might do something crazy. I cannot stand his style of play and who he chooses for camps.

I play as the US in FIFA because it's the only time I'll ever see them win the World Cup............ :)

Don't look now but with the US women's horrible loss to Mexico tonight, the men may legit pass the women in fifa rankings in the next few years.

That is both an indictment against the women and promoting the men at the same time.

Yes to almost all of that. The good news for all the US guys is that they are young. I feel like Reyna is overrated and has been getting terrible advice on what to do in his pro carreer. Balogun, I'm hoping, is just on a dry spell. Pepi scored for PSV over the weekend. Johnny Carsoso is scoring in the Spanish League with Betis. I'm terrified about Adams as well. I thought he was finally fit to train but haven't seen him on a lineup for Bournmouth yet. McKennie also just separated his shoulder after having 2 assists this weekend. Musah needs something different. Not to mention Brenden Aaronson has disappeared off the face of the earth and Josh Sargent is not talked about a ton. I saw he scored a week or so ago for Norwhich. Again, all these guys are young so no need to panic yet.

Brooks coming back in now is hilarious. We wasted all those years when he was playing fine in the back for the likes of Aaron Long. I have no problem with MLS guys being on the team, per se, because I love Miles Robinson and am okay with Walker Zimmermann but to not give Brooks a chance again is 1000000% on freaking Greg. If we do poorly in the Copa I swear to everything that if he is not let go I might do something crazy. I cannot stand his style of play and who he chooses for camps.

Don't look now but with the US women's horrible loss to Mexico tonight, the men may legit pass the women in fifa rankings in the next few years.

That is both an indictment against the women and promoting the men at the same time.
The US women's team has morphed into a team that promotes themselves and social justices it seems. Some humility should do them good. Queue up the game where they lost to a group of young high school men. Perhaps it will get better now that the Rapinoe tanked in the WC and hopefully retires.

The US women's team has morphed into a team that promotes themselves and social justices it seems. Some humility should do them good. Queue up the game where they lost to a group of young high school men. Perhaps it will get better now that the Rapinoe tanked in the WC and hopefully retires.

The problem stems way deeper than that. I understand lots of people dislike players like Rapinoe but all of the political stuff aside, they held on to the core group of players way to long. The newer group has some talent but, so far, are lacking in the necessary technical ability to beat teams. Last night's loss to Mexico is continuing to show the changing of the guard. We are being out played by teams that previously couldn't compete with us. If it were a competition of "who has the best athletes" we would win every time. Unfortunately you have to put the round thing in the rectangle thing to win. We can't do that.

I never understood the fascination with Ultimate Team on any of the EA games.
I will gladly start a Dynasty with Iowa and will gladly never play online for 12 months until the next edition.

Your story reminds me of picking up a FIFA game after many years away. Went for the tried and true superstar mode (or whatever it's called-where you play a career as an individual player). Laughably apocryphal that I could simply drop my unproven 18yo American self onto the Man United roster, but whatever. Served a loan season at Blackburn, had a blast. Earned a spot playing for the big boys but wait... I made my guy an LM, and Man U is scripted by the game to use a formation with an ALM. That means, even though I was starting and performing for the senior national team, they will never EVER play me, because I'd be "out of position." Or change their formation, or anything. FM at least has their AI managers flex things like that.

Pour one out for Formula 1 fans. After a strong run by Codemasters making a fantastic racing game and recreation of the real thing, Guess Who swooped in and bought the franchise. If you want to try an F1 game, do NOT play past 2020 (CM's last year).

Have we heard anything about online dynasties? We had multiple dynasties on HawkeyeReport.

I might have to start playing Madden to sharpen up on my skills. I played NCAA 14 until I sold it last year for 120 bucks.

Also, you guys are right about FIFA. The career mode has gotten worse every year. I usually play it a ton but haven't even touched it. I play Football Manager on the ps5. It's tremendous.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Have we heard anything about online dynasties? We had multiple dynasties on HawkeyeReport.

I might have to start playing Madden to sharpen up on my skills. I played NCAA 14 until I sold it last year for 120 bucks.

Also, you guys are right about FIFA. The career mode has gotten worse every year. I usually play it a ton but haven't even touched it. I play Football Manager on the ps5. It's tremendous.
There's a few running around in some CFB 25 Facebook groups. Almost all of the P5 teams are already taken in all of the groups I'm a part of. It happened very fast. This game will be the most anticipated game is maybe the history of consoles. I'd pre-order. If not, you'll likely not get it for awhile.

There's a few running around in some CFB 25 Facebook groups. Almost all of the P5 teams are already taken in all of the groups I'm a part of. It happened very fast. This game will be the most anticipated game is maybe the history of consoles. I'd pre-order. If not, you'll likely not get it for awhile.
Pre-order? I know I'm an old man but I get everything digital.

I play Football Manager on the ps5. It's tremendous.
FM is on console now? Dang. Wonder how it plays. SI was going down a very EA-esque road last I checked in on them.
This game will be the most anticipated game is maybe the history of consoles.
Whoa, pump the brakes a little bit, Sparky. Possibly in the circles of die hard sports fans, but the history of consoles? No shot.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan
same here! The kids seem to love the Ultimate team concept? i don't get it
I like using the current rosters. I am a weird gamer where I like realism. A lot of people use games as an escape but games like Halo, Destiny, Skyrim etc have never interested me. I never bought a Call of Duty based in the future or space.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
FM is on console now? Dang. Wonder how it plays. SI was going down a very EA-esque road last I checked in on them.

Whoa, pump the brakes a little bit, Sparky. Possibly in the circles of die hard sports fans, but the history of consoles? No shot.
True. Forgot about nerds

Yeah FM was on last year and was released this year too.

It's missing some things from the computer edition, but not enough for me not to love it. Cant change the crests of teams but I'm not too concerned. Unlimited player database is not available, but you can pick 10 countries to have full top to bottom leagues.

Reactions: Dauminator

It's to a point that I can't even play EAFC. FM is just so good. I've done a couple National team saves and I'm doing my Manchester United save right now. I love the realistic situation of not being able to sell players because of their ridiculous salaries or they just refuse to go. If you follow Manchester United in real life, like I do, that is exactly what has been happening for years.

I also think it's free on the Xbox gamepass or whatever its called.

Reactions: Dauminator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT