ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports "College Football 25": IOWA is Tier 1 when it comes to Getting Paid. In Trailer, the Kinnick Wave, Cade McNamara & Leshon Williams appear

I can't explain how excited I am. Every friend of mine will tell you that when the new NCAA came out I'd disappear for a month.

To be honest my gf has had it easy. I don't even need foreplay anymore.... I just watch the trailer

I wonder how the royalties work and what the UI will get

To the people who preordered..........you haven't been paying attention to what AAA gaming has become have you? I'm willing to bet this will be full of in game ads, microtransactions, pay to win, borderline broken on release......basically every modern AAA game released in the past 5 years.

and pay extra to get rid of ads?

All last night and first thing this morning insanehawk was bumping the duplicate thread.

incredible.
I authored the “duplicate” thread and I wondered at the time why you went out of your way to call it old news. I found the article and felt that it would be a decent discussion topic, coming from someone who hardly ever posts.

Frankly, my desire to be on this board, let alone post, has gone to zero due to you. I have no idea who insanehawk is, but the level of childishness of both of you is ridiculous.

All last night and first thing this morning insanehawk was bumping the duplicate thread.

incredible.
Incredible=you calling out someone for doing this

I would say that they did exactly the same thing but we don't know if they have been constantly badgering the mods enough to have the mods call them out in the forum

Or is it irony or hypocrisy?
Yes

I authored the “duplicate” thread and I wondered at the time why you went out of your way to call it old news. I found the article and felt that it would be a decent discussion topic, coming from someone who hardly ever posts.

Frankly, my desire to be on this board, let alone post, has gone to zero due to you. I have no idea who insanehawk is, but the level of childishness of both of you is ridiculous.
I admit what I did was childish and annoying, my apologies! I only did it to call attention to the ridiculous behavior of frannie and his incessant need to keep his threads at the top of the board and how he can’t handle another thread that is similar to his. He needs to seek professional help! I’m putting him on ignore again.

I admit what I did was childish and annoying, my apologies! I only did it to call attention to the ridiculous behavior of frannie and his incessant need to keep his threads at the top of the board and how he can’t handle another thread that is similar to his. He needs to seek professional help! I’m putting him on ignore again.

For 4 hours last night you were bumping threads; first thing this morning you started bumping them again. That's ridiculous, INSANE, behavior.

Seek help, dude. And you always say you are going to put me on ignore but, unfortunately, that always ends up being another one of your lies.

Your thread was better than Fran’s.

I wish they would unlock it.

For 4 hours last night you were bumping threads; first thing this morning you started bumping them again. That's ridiculous, INSANE, behavior.

Seek help, dude. And you always say you are going to put me on ignore but, unfortunately, that always ends up being another one of your lies.

Amazon has some really good deals on mirrors….

Reactions: Easthawk1062
Back on subject.

Does anybody know if they’ll play “In Heaven There Is No Beer” after big Hawkeye wins?

That would be crazy pimp!

I think I read they’ll play “Sweet Caroline” after ISU big wins.

They better not have F'd with Dynasty Mode. We used to have a bunch of guys who played a league on here. @TailgateTom is the only one I remember but we played a few seasons. It was a blast.

That said I'm probably not buying it. My 12 year old has a PS5, so the reins have been passed to him. I play Toon Blast on my phone now.

Last edited:
They better not have F'd with Dynasty Mode. We used to have a bunch of guys who played a league on here. @TailgateTom is the only one I remember but we played a few seasons. It was a blast.

That said I'm probably not buying it. My 12 year old has a PS5, so the reins have been passed to him. I play Toon Blast on my phone now.
I was just telling the kids at school about this the other day! That was a hell of a good time!

• Love
Reactions: fredjr82

How is the Iowa D only a 94?

Good story from this morning from the Register beat writer.

Iowa football anticipates 'College Football 25' release: 'I already got the game plan'

Tyler Tachman
Des Moines Register
June 21, 2024

IOWA CITY — Leshon Williams arrived late to Tuesday’s Iowa football media availability.

He was playing "Call of Duty: Warzone" when he got a message asking if he was going to show up.

“I’m on 'Warzone' like, ‘Oh snap, I got interviews,’” Williams recalled. “That’s exactly what happened.”

Fittingly, when he did finally make it to the facility, video games were a topic of discussion. In particular, the upcoming release of "College Football 25."

There is much excitement building for the return of the Electronic Arts-produced college football video game. The last time EA came out with a game in the series was "NCAA Football 14," which featured Michigan’s Denard Robinson on the cover.

The evolving nature of college sports' landscape has enabled a climate for the game to make a comeback. An extended hiatus and the passion of college football fan bases have combined to make the July 2024 drop highly anticipated.

That is true for those actually in the game, as well.

“It’ll be super competitive, especially in this building,” Iowa safety Xavier Nwankpa said. “So I’m excited for it.”

More: Here’s a look at traditions Iowa submitted for EA Sports' ‘College Football 25’ video game

Williams had the fortune of being featured in the game’s official reveal trailer, which dropped in May. During the video, a brief clip of Iowa’s “Kinnick Wave” was shown. The animated re-creation showed multiple Iowa players, including Williams and quarterback Cade McNamara, waving toward a virtual version of the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.

“That was very nice seeing that,” Williams said. “I didn’t know (I was going to be in it). I had a couple of people send it to me but that was very exciting. Me being the heavy 'Madden NFL' player that I am and knowing that I’m going to be a heavy NCAA player.”

But Williams was a bit critical of his depiction.

“They (didn't) fix me up with no tattoos or nothing, though,” Williams quipped. “I ain’t got no wristbands or nothing. It’s just naked arm. It’s all good, though. As long as I’m on the game.”

Williams is deserving of being shown in the trailer, given how his teammates speak about him as a "Madden NFL" player.

“Right now, the best 'Madden' player is Leshon Williams,” Nwankpa said.

Receiver Kaleb Brown agreed: “That’s fair to say. Yeah, he got it. He got it … I mean, he’s a good player. He makes a lot of adjustments. That’s what it takes in that game.”

It’s not surprising, then, to hear that Williams has already thought strategically about his game plan. Early details released about the game include a “Wear and Tear” feature. In short, it means taking hits and dealing with fatigue can affect a player, adding another factor to managing the gameplay.

Williams has already taken that into account when it comes to the Hawkeyes’ running back rotation.

“I heard it’s a 'Wear and Tear' on there, right?” Williams said. “So I’m probably gonna start off Kaleb (Johnson) and (Jaziun Patterson) and let them get the wear and tear. And then when it’s crunch time, put me in the game. I already got the game plan. I already got the whole strategy down. That’s how I’m gonna do it.”

Screenshots of team ratings from an EA-released “Gameplay Deep Dive” video spurred chatter in the gaming and college football worlds. As a disclaimer, the ratings were not final and still subject to change. That being said, Iowa’s ratings were as follows:

• Overall: 85
  • Offense: 71
  • Defense: 94

Nwankpa is excited to play as one of his defensive teammates.

“I’m trying to play with (Sebastian) Castro,” Nwankpa said. “Probably hit stick someone.”

As an offensive player, Brown naturally is looking forward to playing as someone on that side of the ball.

“I’d probably say Leshon, though,” Brown said. “I just want to see how he moves, though. If he moves like he moves in real life. I’d probably say that for everybody. It’ll be interesting to see if they all move the same way that they move (in real life).”

Said defensive back Jermari Harris: “If the game is how it really is, you’re gonna have Castro flying around doing what he does, along with Jay (Higgins).”

Trying to figure out individual player ratings also stirs discussion.

“I’d probably give myself like an 87,” Nwankpa said.

“Like an 89,” Brown said. “But that’s going to go up. It’s going to be an 89. Trust (me). It’s gonna be an 89. We’re gonna talk about this later on. It’s gonna be an 89. Maybe more. I don’t know.”

Said Williams: “At least an 85. Anything below that, that’s unacceptable.”

Follow Tyler Tachman on X (@Tyler_T15), contact via email at ttachman@gannett.com

Iowa was ranked #20 in the Top 25 Toughest Places to play.

GQ7ZKFaXoAAlCr0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT