ADVERTISEMENT

Early 1970's, Midnight - Saturday Quad Cities TV

Same timeframe in the QC there was a guy who dressed in bibs, flannel shirt and straw hat doing local commercials. He was selling produce and ag stuff. It was suggested that he was a rather large mover of drugs and was able to communicate through certain gestures he used in his commercial.

Ring a bell for anyone or am I just suffering the effects of being a downstream customer.

Classic. Not much on tv at that time back in those days.

It was either that, or this:

off-the-air.png

"Hi, Chuck Acri here..." (could someone post of pic of Chuck? I think he's RIP)

Same timeframe in the QC there was a guy who dressed in bibs, flannel shirt and straw hat doing local commercials. He was selling produce and ag stuff. It was suggested that he was a rather large mover of drugs and was able to communicate through certain gestures he used in his commercial.

Ring a bell for anyone or am I just suffering the effects of being a downstream customer.

Omaha had a similar show (before Dr Sanguinary) hosted by attractive young women. I think one was named Pat. My late big sister used to stay up and watch the movies with me;(

Country Market was the sponsor first. Hand gestures told people what he had and how much it cost.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT