ADVERTISEMENT

Early bowl projection

Right now... it could be an interesting game. Bama is fizzling on offense, and Iowa miiight have something to build on (LeShun had him a game on Saturday, now can they throw some?) Cooper's probably good for a pick or a massive punt return (maybe even both) that results in a score. Bama is looking as mortal as they ever have under NS and if Iowa can just do SOMETHING consistently on offense, who knows.

That said, this is a young, young team (a lot of those fresh faces are coaches too). They don't have an elite QB, but Milroe seems to put them in the best position to win. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if they drop the Ole Miss game, but regroup and start looking like a Top 10 team again by mid October.

If 10-2 Iowa non-champ Iowa faces 10-2 non-champ Bama in the Citrus Bowl, I can only pray that there's a semblance of a passing game because teams that champion clock management rarely fare well against the Tide. Iowa just isn't going to tear off 5-7 yard chunks against Bama consistently, even if the Tide's D isn't anything special these days.

Cheez-It Citrus Bowl​

Monday, January 1, 2024

1:00 pm ET, ABC

Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL

Last Season: LSU 63, Purdue 7

Bowl Ties: Big Ten vs SEC

Bowl Projection: Iowa vs Alabama
Really, bowl projections, this early. the hawks could be great, very good, or just average. One play and one game at a time

Really, bowl projections, this early. the hawks could be great, very good, or just average. One play and one game at a time
I’m not trying to poop in the pudding, but this doesn’t appear to be that good of a team. The defense is nowhere near what it was last year and while the offense certainly looks better, the line is still the line. I’m not saying they can’t get things squared away and get a TON better but right now I’d bet all I have on the under on 10-2 (what someone posted above).

• Haha
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
Right now... it could be an interesting game. Bama is fizzling on offense, and Iowa miiight have something to build on (LeShun had him a game on Saturday, now can they throw some?) Cooper's probably good for a pick or a massive punt return (maybe even both) that results in a score. Bama is looking as mortal as they ever have under NS and if Iowa can just do SOMETHING consistently on offense, who knows.

That said, this is a young, young team (a lot of those fresh faces are coaches too). They don't have an elite QB, but Milroe seems to put them in the best position to win. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if they drop the Ole Miss game, but regroup and start looking like a Top 10 team again by mid October.

If 10-2 Iowa non-champ Iowa faces 10-2 non-champ Bama in the Citrus Bowl, I can only pray that there's a semblance of a passing game because teams that champion clock management rarely fare well against the Tide. Iowa just isn't going to tear off 5-7 yard chunks against Bama consistently, even if the Tide's D isn't anything special these days.

Their defense will kick the shit out of our offense.

Reactions: kkhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT