ADVERTISEMENT

BIG bowl schedule:

hawkjt

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2004
Trying to shake off Saturday's loss and looking forward I do think the BIG landed some nice bowl assignments and matchups. Time slots are decent to allow BIG fans to catch most of these games.

12/23. 7:30 pm NW vs Utah in Vegas bowl.
Glad that NW got this better bowl over Minny as they earned it.
Tough matchup but NW is feisty and they might draw decent from national fan base.

Oil change bowl Detroit ..12/26 2pm...minny vs bowling green
Meh

Pinstripe 12/28 2 pm
RU vs Miami...chance to pit typical BIG physical crew vs southern fancies in cold weather.

Cotton 12/ 29 7Pm OSU vs Mizzou
BIG vs SEC. ...bucks should romp.

Peach 12/ 30 11 am PSU vs ole miss
Crappy time and matchup...good for PSU.

12/30 1pm MD vs auburn. Another BIG vs SEC ...terps have a chance

1/1 11am Wis vs LSU. Tough matchup for Badgers..have fun chasing Daniels

1/1 noon citrus Tenn vs Hawks.
Good time beatable SEC opponent...lead in to playoff...all good.

1/1 4pm michigan vs Bama
Worst matchup for Michigan...have fun Harbaugh.
250 yds offense not gonna work here. Wolves leaking oil in last 4 games.

Overall this schedule gives the BIG a fighting chance to win their share.
I know some fans want bowls to go away but I still like watching BIG teams participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldxbbc
Trying to shake off Saturday's loss and looking forward I do think the BIG landed some nice bowl assignments and matchups. Time slots are decent to allow BIG fans to catch most of these games.

Tough matchup but NW is feisty and they might draw decent from national fan base.

Oil change bowl Detroit ..12/27 2pm...minny vs bowling green
Meh

Pinstripe 12/28 2 pm
RU vs Miami...chance to pit typical BIG physical crew vs southern fancies in cold weather.

Peach 12/ 30 11 am PSU vs Tulane?

1/1 4pm michigan vs Bama

I know some fans want bowls to go away but I still like watching BIG teams participate.
Saban is gonna be like get me Phil Parker!

The Citrus always had a good New Year's Day spot as the lead-in to the Rose Bowl back when the Rose was on ABC.

Now the Citrus (ABC) is going head-to-head with the Fiesta Bowl (ESPN) with both starting at noon Central, and the Rose Bowl (ESPN) at 4pm.

It used to be the Citrus competed with Outback/Reliaquest for a while, and then was the exclusive bowl game for much of the second half, but no longer.

Oil change bowl Detroit ..12/26 2pm...minny vs bowling green
Meh

Pinstripe 12/28 2 pm

Peach 12/ 30 11 am PSU vs ole miss

1/1 4pm michigan vs Bama

Hey, you forgot NEbby! Oh wait, they can't even spell bowl anymore it has been so long since they went to one.

The Citrus always had a good New Year's Day spot as the lead-in to the Rose Bowl back when the Rose was on ABC.

Now the Citrus (ABC) is going head-to-head with the Fiesta Bowl (ESPN) with both starting at noon Central, and the Rose Bowl (ESPN) at 4pm.

It used to be the Citrus competed with Outback/Reliaquest for a while, and then was the exclusive bowl game for much of the second half, but no longer.
The Citrus has pretty much always competed head-to-head with other games. In my old, traditional mind thinking back to New Year's Day craziness, I remember the Hall-of-Fame/Outback and Cotton Bowls starting late morning, the Florida Citrus and Gator starting in early afternoon, the Rose and Fiesta starting in mid-afternoon, and the Sugar and Orange being the night games. It's true that it was cool when the Citrus lead right into the Rose when they were both on ABC, but the TV channel means so very little nowadays. Plus, the NY6 game that is on at the same time as the Citrus is almost always the one that has a G5 team. The Citrus will draw plenty of viewers if it is a good game; I doubt that the Liberty faithful are going to drive up Fiesta ratings.

Reactions: unipanther1999
The Citrus has pretty much always competed head-to-head with other games. In my old, traditional mind thinking back to New Year's Day craziness, I remember the Hall-of-Fame/Outback and Cotton Bowls starting late morning, the Florida Citrus and Gator starting in early afternoon, the Rose and Fiesta starting in mid-afternoon, and the Sugar and Orange being the night games. It's true that it was cool when the Citrus lead right into the Rose when they were both on ABC, but the TV channel means so very little nowadays. Plus, the NY6 game that is on at the same time as the Citrus is almost always the one that has a G5 team. The Citrus will draw plenty of viewers if it is a good game; I doubt that the Liberty faithful are going to drive up Fiesta ratings.
True. I can remember a time when you had Citrus on ABC, Cotton on Fox, Gator on NBC, and Sun on CBS all at about the same time. That's been a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT